Reply 40
Original post by MidnightDream
I'll use Environmental Studies next time
I decided against English, it has it's uses :laugh:

thus implying economics doesn't have any use

oooh burnnnnnnn
Original post by The_Dragonborn
*Sigh* allow me to clear everything up.

To most of the beta peasants round here studying arts or social sciences, STEM means Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics.

To us who study STEM subjects, they are a calling, a way of life, a direction for we who study them, knowing we shall go on to innovate, advance, and work for the better of tomorrow. Or at the very least find employment, which is pretty difficult for the beta non-STEM peasants. And even when they do find employment, they're either serving drinks/food or acting as do-gooders trying to improve society when they're just dragging it down.

While neither STEM subject can be argued to be superior, they can be placed in order of relative "purity" as in the diagram below. Take care to ignore Psychology and Sociology, as they are beta social sciences and a complete waste of time.

I edited the picture for you
I'll use Environmental Studies next time
I decided against English, it has it's uses :laugh:

Haha, example?
Reply 43
lol you could have just find out online instead of asking it here.
Reply 44
Original post by ennahaspatience
I edited the picture for you

forgot to cross out psychology and sociology!
They do belong in the same category. It's a beta social science.

Wouldn't necessarily put Textiles down though. In the STEMinazi regime, those without the intellectual capability to pursue intense study of STEM subjects are put into the practical stream in which they become technicians on the factory floor level. We do need skilled workers like it or not, they'll just be studying something useful and practical rather than some pointless beta social science.

Econ and Sociology are not comparable.
Original post by Galileo Galilei
Haha, example?

English teachers, we need them :tongue:
Original post by Robbie242
forgot to cross out psychology and sociology!

OH Damn it, so true. All well

I fixed it
(edited 10 years ago)
English teachers, we need them :tongue:

Lol, some people need them not everyone
Okay this thread has served to cause some infighting within the STEMinazi faction, I'd like to maintain order and repeat that there are no superior STEM subjects, only purer ones. So enough of arguing the superiorty over Maths and Chemistry, enough of whether Engineers or mathematicians have higher salaries, I ask you to stop, that we may continue the Great War to purge the beta non-STEM faction and any deviants or sympathisers.
They do belong in the same category. It's a beta social science.

Wouldn't necessarily put Textiles down though. In the STEMinazi regime, those without the intellectual capability to pursue intense study of STEM subjects are put into the practical stream in which they become technicians on the factory floor level. We do need skilled workers like it or not, they'll just be studying something useful and practical rather than some pointless beta social science.

You're right about textiles :biggrin: I think Theology is a better T now that I think about it :laugh:
Original post by Galileo Galilei
Econ and Sociology are not comparable.

beta social sciences brah
Reply 52
Okay this thread has served to cause some infighting within the STEMinazi faction, I'd like to maintain order and repeat that there are no superior STEM subjects, only purer ones. So enough of arguing the superiorty over Maths and Chemistry, enough of whether Engineers or mathematicians have higher salaries, I ask you to stop, that we may continue the Great War to purge the beta non-STEM faction and any deviants or sympathisers.

This agreement has been approved by the maths society. (but secretly we know we're the best)
You're right about textiles :biggrin: I think Theology is a better T now that I think about it :laugh:

There you go. Who the **** needs Theology? It's basically English literature - just over-analysing pieces of fictional text.
beta social sciences brah

Haha, fair enough

There's also Travel and Tourism, or Theatre Studies.

(I'm getting these all from a list btw, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Advanced_Level_subjects :L)
thus implying economics doesn't have any use

oooh burnnnnnnn

:rofl:

It doesn't have any uses :colone:
Sociology, Textiles, Economics and Music, in other words all the important subjects :colone:

Spoiler

How dare you compare music to sociology and textiles! :wink:
Original post by rayquaza17
There's also Travel and Tourism, or Theatre Studies.

(I'm getting these all from a list btw, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Advanced_Level_subjects :L)

Lol thanks :biggrin:
This agreement has been approved by the maths society. (but secretly we know we're the best)

Any deviants within the maths society may be subject to re-conditioning.

Quick Reply

Latest