The Student Room Group

gcse maths resit

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by German123
No prob mate its a pleasure.:wink:

hey german123 :smile: are u a university student ? what subjects are you studying? :smile:
Original post by Magistl
I'd be cautious in giving that advice. I've spent a large quantity of my free time researching what Universities look for in their students, and it's become obvious that the whole 'GCSE' is some what overlooked if the A-level's are (A-A* standard). Of course, if you go to College with U's all across, that'd be horrific, but a B and C I don't think they'll mind if you get good grades in A-level.

But he did he got AAB and predicted A*AA
Reply 42
Original post by Magistl
Np :wink:

GCSE does have a reputation of being considerably easier to perform than another of the other educational tests, so far as to say you can simply revise it all in three days... perhaps this is true? Good job on the A*, though would you not think it wiser to just focus entirely on the solid B grade than to attempt something, shall we say, more difficult than her original plans?

Well the way i see it is the higher you aim, the more marks you can drop and the lower you aim well the less amount of marks you can drop. If she wants a B she can go ahead and get a B all im saying is that it is a easy exam, so you might as well aim high not only to be pre cautious but also for self satisfactory measures
Reply 43
Original post by MATTTT
If she wants a B she can go ahead and get a B all im saying is that it is a easy exam, so you might as well aim high not only to be pre cautious but also for self satisfactory measures

Well I can't argue with that logic, good point.
What does everyone want to be?
Reply 45
Original post by fifasweatyplayer
What does everyone want to be?

Theoretical Nuclear Physicist. You?
Reply 46
accountant :smile: or a bank manager
Reply 47
Original post by Magistl
I'd be cautious in giving that advice. I've spent a large quantity of my free time researching what Universities look for in their students, and it's become obvious that the whole 'GCSE' is some what overlooked if the A-level's are (A-A* standard). Of course, if you go to College with U's all across, that'd be horrific, but a B and C I don't think they'll mind if you get good grades in A-level.

He is right sadly, University's do look at GCSE grades especially for competitive courses such as medicine. Most people who apply to medicine have top A- Level grades and the good uni's want A*A*A for Medicine. Because of the competition and popularity of the course and so many people having the right A level grades, the only other thing they can compare you against another individual is your GCSE grades and also your personal statement. Even thats not enough as they still call you to an interview, and this assess your social skills and how you present yourself.

Now days all courses are becoming way too competitive, so smash the easy exams whilst you can!
Just an accountant nothing special like that my friend the one who wanted to be a doctor, he is doing that
Reply 49
Original post by MATTTT
He is right sadly, University's do look at GCSE grades especially for competitive courses such as medicine. Most people who apply to medicine have top A- Level grades and the good uni's want A*A*A for Medicine. Because of the competition and popularity of the course and so many people having the right A level grades, the only other thing they can compare you against another individual is your GCSE grades and also your personal statement. Even thats not enough as they still call you to an interview, and this assess your social skills and how you present yourself.

Now days all courses are becoming way too competitive, so smash the easy exams whilst you can!

That's unfortunate. No matter, I suppose that only gives people more reason to pass their GCSE's.
Original post by Haniya223
accountant :smile: or a bank manager

But you wanted to be a doctor an you got a c in maths and did not take it at a levels! LOGIC:wink:
To become someone like a doctor you need excellent grades.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 52
i never said i want to be a doctor lol :biggrin: and i'm doing business accounting and french alevels
Original post by Magistl
That's unfortunate. No matter, I suppose that only gives people more reason to pass their GCSE's.

Told you doctor is a well paid job so it is very competitive:wink:
hey german123 :smile: are u a university student ? what subjects are you studying? :smile:

Hi i am a gcse student and study all the essentials.
i never said i want to be a doctor lol :biggrin: and i'm doing business accounting and french alevels

How are you doing that with a c in maths and I bet you are lying
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 56

great :smile:

Year?
Reply 58
Told you doctor is a well paid job so it is very competitive:wink:

I'd have never doubted for a moment! After researching the role of a Physicist and the responsibilities that accompany the job, I've found that most of the 'well paid' jobs are quite difficult to obtain. For example: to be an esteemed Astrophysicist, one usually has to have experience & PhD (so I've read)
Reply 59
How are you doing that with a c in maths and I bet you are lying

why would i lie :/ I'm going uni in september :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest