The Student Room Group

Lancaster Medicine A100 Applicants (2014 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by od94
I've created a FB group for anyone with offers for Lancaster this year. The group title is:

Lancaster Medical School 2014

you actually made one :smile:

came here to post this
https://www.facebook.com/groups/747428328603686/

i think its a more recent fb group for ppl that have firmed lancaster

just searched for the group couldnt find it either
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 421
Original post by ihateusernames
you actually made one :smile:

came here to post this
https://www.facebook.com/groups/747428328603686/

i think its a more recent fb group for ppl that have firmed lancaster

just searched for the group couldnt find it either

I'm no good at this Facebook business! any ideas why it might still not be visible? I'll try adding the link to this post

Thanks for the other link :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/636365773078830/
Original post by od94
I'm no good at this Facebook business! any ideas why it might still not be visible? I'll try adding the link to this post

Thanks for the other link :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/636365773078830/

Ive no idea either hence y i didnt want to make the group!!
Reply 423
Ive no idea either hence y i didnt want to make the group!!

The link in post 426 on this thread should now take you to the page...hopeully!
Original post by od94
The link in post 426 on this thread should now take you to the page...hopeully!

threads gone dead...
Any of you guys going to the visit day on the 23rd? :smile:
i live too far away :frown:
does anyone know how lancaster assess in end of yr exams? is it multiple choice/short answer qs or essays?
does anyone know how lancaster assess in end of yr exams? is it multiple choice/short answer qs or essays?

May be a combination of everything, including OSCEs, but this is generally speaking. Lancaster's curriculum can't be too different from Liverpool's right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Laurasurreal
May be a combination of everything, including OSCEs, but this is generally speaking. Lancaster's curriculum can't be too different from Liverpool's right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

true but cant find that info for liverpool either... at georges its SAQ and multiple choice i hope thats how were assessed!! im crap at essays
true but cant find that info for liverpool either... at georges its SAQ and multiple choice i hope thats how were assessed!! im crap at essays

Medical sciences are assessed in the form is single best answer questions (multiple choice)!
Population health is the same.
The sociology/psychology and ethics part is assessed in the form of mini essays, basically 10 mark questions where you just write.

Clinical skills and communication skills are assessed in the OSCE.
Original post by WannabeDoctor
Medical sciences are assessed in the form is single best answer questions (multiple choice)!
Population health is the same.
The sociology/psychology and ethics part is assessed in the form of mini essays, basically 10 mark questions where you just write.

Clinical skills and communication skills are assessed in the OSCE.

Cool thanks. Are you at lancaster already or going there this yr?
Cool thanks. Are you at lancaster already or going there this yr?

Already here pal in 1st year.
Already here pal in 1st year.

Cool look forward to meeting you in october :smile:
Reply 434
Is it me or do lancaster med school have a lot of postgrads?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool look forward to meeting you in october :smile:

Yes see you in October 😁 take it you have unconditional and firmed 😁 apply for townhouse accomadation if you can ... Nicest accom I think !
Yes see you in October 😁 take it you have unconditional and firmed 😁 apply for townhouse accomadation if you can ... Nicest accom I think !

yep right on both accounts! ye everyone keeps saying they want townhouse accommodation but alas as a grad i can only go for the cheapest option :cry:

oh btw my friend said dont bother buying a stethoscope until 3rd yr because u wont use it til then but she goes to another med school. is it the same for lancaster?
oh btw my friend said dont bother buying a stethoscope until 3rd yr because u wont use it til then but she goes to another med school. is it the same for lancaster?

No definitely not!! I would say you definitely need a stethoscope in 1st year! Get the standard lithmann but I'd wait until freshers week as the company usually comes to speak to 1st years and offers you discounts!
No definitely not!! I would say you definitely need a stethoscope in 1st year! Get the standard lithmann but I'd wait until freshers week as the company usually comes to speak to 1st years and offers you discounts!

Sounds good! What sort of discounts are we talking about? Medisave has some nice ones for about £56. Do we get one way cheaper than this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending