The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Anyone studying media at Brighton uni?

I have received offers from all five places, for media and communications/Media studies. (Brighton, Bath spa, Royal Holloway, Sussex and Canterbury Christ). I think I will make Sussex my firm choice, but I am unsure for insurance. I was thinking of having Brighton as my insurance. So I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience to share with me that might help? :smile:
Reply 1
I'm applying for media and communications at sussex and media studies at brighton :smile: unsure of what one is the better course x
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by kir233
I'm applying for media and communications at sussex and media studies at brighton :smile: unsure of what one is the better course x

I have put sussex as my firm and Brighton as my insurance. I think sussex is the better course and uni! But Brighton is still very good especially as its a university for the arts!
Reply 3
do you know much about the media and communication course at sussex ?
Reply 4
if you go on their website and look at the course it gives you full detailed information on course content!
I've applied for Media Studies at Brighton and recieved a conditional offer - however I'm really torn between Brighton and East Anglia (where I also have recieved an offer from).

Brighton has amazing student life, its amazingly friendly and I just genereally love the place (plus its 40 minutes from London and I do love West End theatre!). However, in comparison with UEA (which is second in the country for media studies), Brighton looks a little accademically poor :frown: UEA is consistently ranked higher than Brighton for emplyability and over all accademic acclaim, however when I visited Norwich (where UEA is located) I found the place totally boring... and the accomodation is truly awful - I'm so confused as to where to make my firm choice :frown:
Reply 6
Hey, Brighton is my first choice and i will be doing Media Studies, who else is doing this?
Reply 7
Are you going to do multimedia ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by charwarren
Hey, Brighton is my first choice and i will be doing Media Studies, who else is doing this?

I'm also doing media studies at brighton! :smile:
I'm doing film and screen at brighton :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I am doing sociology and Media studies is anyone else doing this course?
Original post by tloose
I am doing sociology and Media studies is anyone else doing this course?

Hi Tloose,

I'm a student at the University of Brighton in Hastings studying Broadcast Journalism. I'm assuming that the Sociology and Media studies course you want to do is the one based in Hastings? If so, I can tell you a bit about it and life as a student in Hastings. A few of my friends do that particular joint honours course and during my first and second years I shared a lot of the media modules with people on that course.

If you've got any questions, please feel free to get in touch with me :smile:

Jen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending