The Student Room Group

Pharmacy with a foundation year 2024 entry

I am applying to Brighton university to study pharmacy with a foundation year,and I am applying with CCD grades, when both of their requirments are CCC. Does anyone who has already applied to pharmacy no if those universities would still consider me.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Hazlenut2000
I am applying to Brighton university to study pharmacy with a foundation year,and I am applying with CCD grades, when both of their requirments are CCC. Does anyone who has already applied to pharmacy no if those universities would still consider me.

Hi @Hazlenut2000

At the University of Brighton we run a flexible admissions policy, which means we will consider applications from those who do not meet the published entry criteria. The admissions officer will take into account your full application, including personal statement and references etc. However, it is worth noting that the Pharmacy MPharm and Pharmacy MPharm with preparatory year are very competitive courses, as we receive a high number of applications each year. Please feel free to apply with your current grades and the admissions officer will need to review your full application before making a final decision.

Also, it's worth noting that your A-Levels must include two full science subjects.

I hope this is helpful! :biggrin:

Danielle - Brighton Uni rep
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Thank you, that was very helpful
Original post by University of Brighton Enquiries
Hi @Hazlenut2000

At the University of Brighton we run a flexible admissions policy, which means we will consider applications from those who do not meet the published entry criteria. The admissions officer will take into account your full application, including personal statement and references etc. However, it is worth noting that the Pharmacy MPharm and Pharmacy MPharm with preparatory year are very competitive courses, as we receive a high number of applications each year. Please feel free to apply with your current grades and the admissions officer will need to review your full application before making a final decision.

Also, it's worth noting that your A-Levels must include two full science subjects.

Reply 3
Hi @Hazlenut2000

Hey, I hope you're doing well. I applied for 4 year pharmacy course. I'm wondering do you transfer students to foundation course if I don't meet your criteria? Or because it's high demanded that's not possible?
Reply 4
Original post by Sara.Sh
Hey, I hope you're doing well. I applied for 4 year pharmacy course. I'm wondering do you transfer students to foundation course if I don't meet your criteria? Or because it's high demanded that's not possible?

I am a uni applicant too, so I am unsure if they do that. You could tag brighton uni instead and ask the same question, or call the uni and ask instead. In my opinion since pharmacy with a foundation year gets a lot of applications just like pharmacy they might not do that.
Original post by Sara.Sh

Hi @Sara.Sh

If you apply for the Pharmacy MPharm but do not meet the requirements for entry, the admissions officer will usually offer the foundation programme as an alternative, if there are still spaces and you meet the criteria for this.

I hope this is helpful 🙂

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 6
Hi @Sara.Sh

If you apply for the Pharmacy MPharm but do not meet the requirements for entry, the admissions officer will usually offer the foundation programme as an alternative, if there are still spaces and you meet the criteria for this.

I hope this is helpful 🙂

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep

Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending