The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA 'A'

The question is 'Outline and evaluate research into how age can affect the accuracy of EWT' (8 marks) but I'm not too sure which pieces of research to include.. never really understood this section of the topic as it was rushed through :frown:
Reply 1
You can include anxiety which affects EWT (Loftus weapon effect study) , misleading information (Loftus and Palmer) as well as age (Poole and Lindsay) or the Yarmey 1984 study.
Original post by Letang
You can include anxiety which affects EWT (Loftus weapon effect study) , misleading information (Loftus and Palmer) as well as age (Poole and Lindsay) or the Yarmey 1984 study.

You can't use anxiety or misleading information as the question specifically said age. Anything else wouldn't be relevant apart from studies that relate to how age affects EWT.
Reply 3
By the way guys, I have the psychseeds for the unit 1 and unit 2 exams, they have all the possible 12 men questions and all the possible short mark questions. If anyone is interested in these I can give for a very very small price in comparison to how much they normally cost. Send me a message!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by smozsolution
You can't use anxiety or misleading information as the question specifically said age. Anything else wouldn't be relevant apart from studies that relate to how age affects EWT.

OoopsI didn’t even realise. Well in that case Poole and Lindsay (2001) and Yarmey(1994) then evaluate those two. Should be enough for 8 marks
Reply 5
Screenshot_2014-05-05-23-15-43.pngScreenshot_2014-05-05-23-15-43.pngScreenshot_2014-05-05-23-15-43.pngScreenshot_2014-05-05-23-15-43.pngthat's a full mark answer!
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Hurairaa
Screenshot_2014-05-05-23-15-43.pngScreenshot_2014-05-05-23-15-43.pngScreenshot_2014-05-05-23-15-43.pngScreenshot_2014-05-05-23-15-43.pngthat's a full mark answer!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, Where can I get these type of full-mark answers from?
Reply 7
Original post by Letang
Hey, Where can I get these type of full-mark answers from?

Send me a pm x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hurairaa
By the way guys, I have the psychseeds for the unit 1 and unit 2 exams, they have all the possible 12 men questions and all the possible short mark questions. If anyone is interested in these I can give for a very very small price in comparison to how much they normally cost. Send me a message!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are psychseeds? i googled it but couldnt find anything
Reply 9
Original post by Corinne Louise
What are psychseeds? i googled it but couldnt find anything

They are basically full mark answers for all the questions that can come up, with full clearly described A01 as well as A02 evaluation and studies. Using these you are pretty much guaranteed a high mark! They are normally quite steep in cost but i can't currently find their website, they may of possibly shut down. They are normally about £20 for each module, eg, £20 for cognitive, £20 for devlopmental, and so on.
I have them all you see if you would like them please leave me a message!
http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/jeanne+upson/cognitive+psychology/9464758/
there's a link i found earlier!
Reply 10
Screenshot_2014-05-05-23-15-43.pngHeres an example of one of the pages!

Quick Reply

Latest