The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by EllaGwenn
Yes I was really annoyed about having to edit mistakes for other topics. Time in history is so valuable!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know I wish We had 90mins instead of 80 :frown:
How did everyone find it today? I loved the questions in both papers but I had to rush my essays and didn't do them as well as I could have. Paper 2 was great though:smile:
Reply 522
Original post by MichGaughan97
How did everyone find it today? I loved the questions in both papers but I had to rush my essays and didn't do them as well as I could have. Paper 2 was great though:smile:

Same, which topic did you do?
Reply 523
I loved the questions in both papers! For Germany my topic for extended essay came up so I was really happy about that and also women and the vote :smile: I'm surprised that I managed to finish both papers ahh, how did everyone find it? :smile:
Original post by Ami_
Same, which topic did you do?

Britain 1851 - 1951
And
Germany 1815 - 1939

Plus the wars of independence for paper 2
What about you? :smile:
Reply 525
Britain 1851 - 1951
And
Germany 1815 - 1939

What about you? :smile:

Same! :smile: Though I was actually asking about your paper two topic hehe
Original post by Ami_
Same! :smile: Though I was actually asking about your paper two topic hehe

I thought that and I edited it lol, the wars of independence. What about you haha?
Original post by Chrish77
Belter of an exam for those doing Russia/Britain, great Wars of Independence sources aswell! Feel sorry for the people who had only studied Nazis:s-smilie:

Yeah, that and being able to write my essays fully in time (just) made my day.
Reply 528
I thought that and I edited it lol, the wars of independence. What about you haha?

Haha, migration and empire :smile: I think the SQA decided to be nice with history rather than with English and maths
Reply 529
Overall I thought the exam went well. Disappointed there wasn't a Nazi question but thanking the high heavens I sat and revised a bit of nationalism right before the paper. Paper 2 was great, although the first question was a tad odd but I'm praying for an A or B.
I made a terrible mistake - I accidentally answered the wrong question in the Germany unit in a state of panic. The answer was clearly for nationalism but I put it down as the unification question. Is it possible to get more than ten marks for an error as big as that? Or even ten marks? I'm terrified I'm going to get 0.

Paper 2 was good though, so was Britain :biggrin:
Reply 531
Original post by Dikknoel
I made a terrible mistake - I accidentally answered the wrong question in the Germany unit in a state of panic. The answer was clearly for nationalism but I put it down as the unification question. Is it possible to get more than ten marks for an error as big as that? Or even ten marks? I'm terrified I'm going to get 0.

They mark it as the question it appears to be and then decide how to penalise you for putting it as the wrong question, usually they don't penalise at all though and if they do it's minimal :smile:

Did you just write down the wrong question?
If not, then that sucks. But even still, the SQA want you to do well (or it reflects poorly on them). It may agitate them, but the marker will search for marks to give you. Also, if your introduction and conclusion are good then you can gain up to 4 marks. I've never heard of anyone getting 0 marks before to be honest. If your other essay, paper two and extended essay are strong you can still easily achieve a great mark!

Posted from TSR Mobile
was the germany question 26 unification or nationalism?

it was something about the princes being the main opposing factor towards unification before 1850
Original post by Sarrahm22
was the germany question 26 unification or nationalism?

it was something about the princes being the main opposing factor towards unification before 1850

That was the obstacles to unification essay. :smile:
Reply 535

I am not 100% sure but there is a slight chance you got 0 since a few people did exactly that in my prelim and they got 0/20
Original post by zali249
Hi guys!

IS this thread for the AQA or OCR spec?

:smile:

This is SQA :smile:
Original post by AspiringMedic8
That was the obstacles to unification essay. :smile:

oh thank god haha, my friend did the same one but was adamant it was nationalism due to the date being 1850?
The history exam went really well for me today. I am so glad I studied four essays for each unit - after all, you need to study four out of the possible six to make sure you get a question. For those of you who didn't learn enough essays, don't worry. You can still get marks for your other essay, your extended essay and paper 2. If you wrote anything for the essay you weren't sure of, you could still gain marks.

However, I think this serves an excellent example of why predicting essays does not work! Both pupils and teachers need to realise that the essays that are chosen at random! Not once in this thread have I seen someone posting their teacher's predictions that turned out completely correct. At best, teacher's predictions are just as lucky as a stranger guessing. For anyone sitting Higher History next year, make sure you learn four essays for each unit to guarantee that you'll be able to perform to the best of your ability on the day. And to the teachers who only teach their pupils parts of units because they think they know which essays will appear in the exam, shame on you for putting convenience before the your pupils' results.

Good luck with the rest of your exams, everybody, and for the 5th of August.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by EllaGwenn
Did you just write down the wrong question?
If not, then that sucks. But even still, the SQA want you to do well (or it reflects poorly on them). It may agitate them, but the marker will search for marks to give you. Also, if your introduction and conclusion are good then you can gain up to 4 marks. I've never heard of anyone getting 0 marks before to be honest. If your other essay, paper two and extended essay are strong you can still easily achieve a great mark!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm actually not really sure what I wrote it's all a complete blur - I think it was the tears. Our whole class had been told just to revise Italian fascism but of course it didn't come up.

Thank you so much though, that makes me feel a lot better. Even those 4 marks for structure would still be something. As long as they don't negatively mark anything I might also get at least one mark for argument!

Latest

Trending

Trending