The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Current student nearing end of first year, fire me questions!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by shavindon28
oh my god i didnt even notice that ahahaha what an embarrassment. my bad. what are you studying then?

I'm studying psychology. Missed out by a couple of grades for my Newcastle offer. Same happened to a friend who chose law but now we're at the same uni which is cool :smile:
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 21
Original post by Charlottelt
I'm coming to the end of first year psychology and so if anyone has questions about university, where things are, the ucas process, etc I know my stuff. Also, I'm doing psychology if anyone want info on that.

I still live at home but have friends who have moved out. :smile:

I forgot about finding possible part time work when at uni, is there a university service/agency at all. It's been so long since I went for the open day I can't remember :colondollar:.
Reply 22
Original post by Shodann
I forgot about finding possible part time work when at uni, is there a university service/agency at all. It's been so long since I went for the open day I can't remember :colondollar:.

Yes there's a careers service at the University. If you're willing to take any job it's fairly easy to get bar work in Newcastle centre and Primark is always taking on. Christmas jobs will be starting by the time you enrol so it's a good way to get some experience if you're CV is looking bare. :smile:
Reply 23
Yes there's a careers service at the University. If you're willing to take any job it's fairly easy to get bar work in Newcastle centre and Primark is always taking on. Christmas jobs will be starting by the time you enrol so it's a good way to get some experience if you're CV is looking bare. :smile:

damm your QnA game is on point today thanks, my CV is ok I have quite alot of work experience but its in varied areas which is why I'm going to uni hopefully to start a career :biggrin:

will you do a sandwich/placement year at all, I wondered when about in the 2nd year you would start look at/for places.
Reply 24
Original post by Shodann
damm your QnA game is on point today thanks, my CV is ok I have quite alot of work experience but its in varied areas which is why I'm going to uni hopefully to start a career :biggrin:

will you do a sandwich/placement year at all, I wondered when about in the 2nd year you would start look at/for places.

I'm not doing a sandwich or placement year however I'm doing a placement module in second year and may keep it to the third year depending on other modules. So it's a chance to get some experience without taking a whole year out. :smile: There's a teaching or psychology specific placement option for my course.
Just to back this up, I'm at uni with Charlotte, she's awesome and ended up making friends with all we old people, and she's our mother. She knows everything there is to know about northumbria, and especially knows the essentials (where we can acquire food, and where the toilets are). If this woman doesn't know where it is or much about it, then you probably don't need to either :P
Reply 26
Original post by S_Adriaan
Just to back this up, I'm at uni with Charlotte, she's awesome and ended up making friends with all we old people, and she's our mother. She knows everything there is to know about northumbria, and especially knows the essentials (where we can acquire food, and where the toilets are). If this woman doesn't know where it is or much about it, then you probably don't need to either :P

Mother hen has to look after her lil HEFC chickies :smile:
Original post by Shodann
oh wow :dong: good luck with that.

yeah I just wanna head out the door now, but I've started doing some weekend classes for my course (website/graphic design) as I realised I can't remember some things from college already :colondollar:

Haha thanks I'm gonna need it :L yeah I wanna go now too :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by cah846
How many soc's did you join? Are they expensive?

I was looking around for societies and found an A-Z list of them @

http://mynsu.northumbria.ac.uk/studentactivities/societies/a-z-of-societies/

some have prices listed some don't but most seem to have a price of £5 for the years membership, then charge separately for events/equipment; which was how it worked when I was at Portsmouth to.

I might pick something like the Film club, Pool or Recreational sport groups; however I really want to pick something totally new so I might look at the Surfing group. I would have a try at skydiving or karting but they look or could be expensive.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi :smile: I currently hold a conditional offer at Northumbria for ash ion marketing which requires 320 points however I think I may only get 300 :frown: do you think I still have a chance at all ?:frown: I've really been stressed over it .
Thanks ,
Caitlin :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by Cfizzle18
Hi :smile: I currently hold a conditional offer at Northumbria for ash ion marketing which requires 320 points however I think I may only get 300 :frown: do you think I still have a chance at all ?:frown: I've really been stressed over it .
Thanks ,
Caitlin :smile:

I can only say what I know I'm terms of my course. I was meant to achieve ABB for psychology and got ACD (A in extended project). So you should do fine with just 20 short. :smile:
I can only say what I know I'm terms of my course. I was meant to achieve ABB for psychology and got ACD (A in extended project). So you should do fine with just 20 short. :smile:

Thanks I hope so anyway :smile: is this your first year at Northumbria? And is fashion marketing always over subscribed ? :frown:
Reply 32
Original post by Cfizzle18
Thanks I hope so anyway :smile: is this your first year at Northumbria? And is fashion marketing always over subscribed ? :frown:

This is my first year and I'm not sure if it's over-subscribed. Not as far as I'm aware,
Does only the accommodation applicants who have an unconditional offer get offered their accomodation place in June? If so when does the conditional offer holders get their offers? I'm assuming when it's when you get your grades and send them to admissions.

I got my accommodation application acknowledgment email so just wondering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending