The Student Room Group

This for students currently doing access to he 2023/UCAS20233

Hello, I'm now studying access to he and have 2/5 university decision.
I started this topic because the only other thread about access was almost 4 years old, and I didn't think it would be very useful for current Access students. I believe that by providing a platform for individuals who are presently doing the Access course to share their experiences, we can help support and motivate each other. Additionally, those who are contemplating doing the Access in the near future can benefit from hearing about the experiences of current students and their tips for success. If you are currently undertaking the Access course, please don't hesitate to share the subject you are studying and the university you are interested in attending, as well as the requirements for admission. You are also welcome to ask me any questions about my journey, the universities I applied to, or any advice I may have for you. For reference, I am currently studying the Computer Science Access to HE course.
:smile:
Reply 1
Hi!
I am currently doing an Access to He in criminology and psychology. I have an offer from Edge Hill to do Psychosocial Analysis of offending behaviour which is my firm choice, and community policing and criminal investigation at Uni of Chester.
After being a stay at home mum for the last 15 years and as a carer to my eldest child, I found it hard to get back into education, but quite honestly, it was the best thing I ever did. I find that I am more engaged with the lessons and the work than when I was a young one at school! I would recommend an Access course 100%.
Reply 2
Hi!
I'm doing an Access to HE Art and Design, with a view to do a degree in Game Art and Design. I've got three offers (two unconditional and one conditional on achieving 33 credits at Merit or Distinction), and currently suffering from severe decision paralysis because I genuinely like different things about all three options.
I would definitely recommend the Access course though! It's been challenging at times, because going back into education after 20 years out of it has been quite a learning curve. But it's been worth it. Unlike the first time, when I did the A-levels my parents and teachers thought I should do ("go do STEM, art isn't a real job"), now I'm doing something I'm really passionate about, and that's allowed me to be far more engaged and interested than I was when I was a teenager.
I am definitely happy to answer questions from people considering an Access course in future. :smile:
Original post by RachTow
Hi!
I am currently doing an Access to He in criminology and psychology. I have an offer from Edge Hill to do Psychosocial Analysis of offending behaviour which is my firm choice, and community policing and criminal investigation at Uni of Chester.
After being a stay at home mum for the last 15 years and as a carer to my eldest child, I found it hard to get back into education, but quite honestly, it was the best thing I ever did. I find that I am more engaged with the lessons and the work than when I was a young one at school! I would recommend an Access course 100%.

Omg I'm doing this course aswell. Where are you doing your access course. I'm also going to edgehill
Reply 4
Yay!!! I'm doing it at Wigan, only a couple of months left now! How about you?
Reply 5
Original post by GoGO2021
Hello, I'm now studying access to he and have 2/5 university decision.
I started this topic because the only other thread about access was almost 4 years old, and I didn't think it would be very useful for current Access students. I believe that by providing a platform for individuals who are presently doing the Access course to share their experiences, we can help support and motivate each other. Additionally, those who are contemplating doing the Access in the near future can benefit from hearing about the experiences of current students and their tips for success. If you are currently undertaking the Access course, please don't hesitate to share the subject you are studying and the university you are interested in attending, as well as the requirements for admission. You are also welcome to ask me any questions about my journey, the universities I applied to, or any advice I may have for you. For reference, I am currently studying the Computer Science Access to HE course.
:smile:

Hi

Also studying Access to computer science, are you studying online? I am using learn direct at the moment and just over half way through the modules.

Cheers

Tom
Original post by RachTow
Hi!

I'm doing same as you.
This is what km doing aswell. Going back at 35 a mama of 2 girls and a crazy story to tell hence why I'm wanting to help others.
Reply 8
No, I am not studying online. I am currently pursuing my studies in a college, and I am nearing the end of my program.
Original post by TRP92
Hi

Also studying Access to computer science, are you studying online? I am using learn direct at the moment and just over half way through the modules.

Cheers

Tom
Hey! I've literally just finished an Access to HE Engineering course, studying online with Learndirect and I'm expected to hit full distinctions. I have two offers for Computer Science from Southampton (firm / foundation year) and Cardiff (insurance) - both require 30 credits at distinction, the remainder at merit. (Soton also requires at least one Maths module).

I decided to go to university for the first time as a mature student at 26 - I figured that I wanted a change of direction from my current line of work, and university seemed like the best way of doing that. Happy to answer any questions. :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending