The Student Room Group

Do you like your first name?

I don't. It sounds like I belong on Jeremy Kyle :mad:

Scroll to see replies

Yeah i like my first name but i dislike my surname because of all the jokes that can be made about it. But i am used to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would change Jindle if I could, but I won't go out of my way for it.
I dislike my first name. Elizabeth. It sounds too- I don't know. I typically shorten it and use it as Lizzie. Only teachers call me by my full name.

(P.S, your name is very pretty. :smile: )
Reply 4
I love it. It's amazing.
Reply 5
Original post by TheTakers
I dislike my first name. Elizabeth. It sounds too- I don't know. I typically shorten it and use it as Lizzie. Only teachers call me by my full name.

(P.S, your name is very pretty. :smile: )

Thank you, you think? I hate it.
I'm not a fan of my surname, because its double barreled, and the first part is also a surname, so its always a problem when trying to register for stuff.

I liek my first name though, its distinctive and I've never met anyone else with it.
I do. It just sounds nice when you say it. I don't think I've ever seen a Kayleigh on Jeremy Kyle either, it sounds much too nice a name to be on that show...
Original post by kayleighisonfire
I don't. It sounds like I belong on Jeremy Kyle :mad:

Whenever anyone sees my name written down before they've got used to saying it then that's it - they are doomed to pronounce it incorrectly forever. It's incredibly annoying.
Reply 9
Nope, way too many people in my generation have the same name. Though as I get older, I quite like the fairly neutral feel of it. It's a traditional Biblical name and as far as I can tell it'll never be associated with a particular class or anything like that.
I like my name- my first name is double-barreled and the spellings of the second part of my first name and my middle name are different :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do like my name, it's quite common I suppose but I like sharing my name with other people.
Reply 12
Original post by TheTakers
I do. It just sounds nice when you say it. I don't think I've ever seen a Kayleigh on Jeremy Kyle either, it sounds much too nice a name to be on that show...

Oh it doesn't sound nice at all, it's annoying when people pronounce it as kay-leigh like it's two different names when it's not said like that! I haven't come to think of it but all I can hear is Jezza saying ''Welcome Kayleigh to the show'' and I'm like bam, the name belongs on the show.
Hate my first, middle and surname :argh: mother couldn't have chosen worse...
Well she could have, but it's still pretty bad.
Actually, compared to my last name, my first name is fine. My last name has Polish origins from my great-grandfather and nobody can pronounce or spell the damn thing. It's four letters and they always manage to mess it up. You have to freakin' spell it out to them.
Rant = over.
Reply 15
Original post by Liberty.
Hate my first, middle and surname :argh: mother couldn't have chosen worse...
Well she could have, but it's still pretty bad.

Same!
I didn't used to like my name, but I do now.
Meh, it's all right. Couldn't imagine myself with any other name :dontknow:
No. Ellesse is associated with a chavvy sports brand.
I don't like my 1st name because it's quite old fashioned but I inherited it from my great Granma (we have the same birthday as well) which makes it quite special) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest