The Student Room Group

Is it possible to cancel and immediately reapply for student finance?

Hello,

My application hasn't been processed yet, and I still have actions I need to complete. My Mum managed to provide the financial details needed, but she gave me the wrong email address for my Stepdads.
I put my Stepdad's full name in the sponsor form, but when he made the account, he only put in his first and last name. As a result, he can't support my application since his account doesn't match up to the details I gave, somehow.

So I want to know if I can just cancel my application and reapply for it after doing so. I feel like that would save the hassle of having to send in a paper form of his financial details. Is it possible?
Original post by platinum nico
Hello,
My application hasn't been processed yet, and I still have actions I need to complete. My Mum managed to provide the financial details needed, but she gave me the wrong email address for my Stepdads.
I put my Stepdad's full name in the sponsor form, but when he made the account, he only put in his first and last name. As a result, he can't support my application since his account doesn't match up to the details I gave, somehow.
So I want to know if I can just cancel my application and reapply for it after doing so. I feel like that would save the hassle of having to send in a paper form of his financial details. Is it possible?
Hi there,

I would advise getting him to do the PFF2 form and uploading this to your account https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/65afcca870218e000cb41f9a/sfe_pff2_form_2425_o.pdf. To save you redoing the application as that error likely will still continue. But for next year if you ensure his name is inputted correctly so he can then support it online. Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,
I would advise getting him to do the PFF2 form and uploading this to your account https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/65afcca870218e000cb41f9a/sfe_pff2_form_2425_o.pdf. To save you redoing the application as that error likely will still continue. But for next year if you ensure his name is inputted correctly so he can then support it online. Thanks, Jason
Thank you, I'll get him to do that.

To upload it to my account, do I have to go onto the 'view and manage application' section and upload it there? I was originally under the impression I'd have to send the form via post.
Original post by platinum nico
Thank you, I'll get him to do that.
To upload it to my account, do I have to go onto the 'view and manage application' section and upload it there? I was originally under the impression I'd have to send the form via post.
Hi there, yes and you can either upload it to your account or his account. It doesn't need to be sent via post. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending