The Student Room Group

Help (Cambridge)

So, I just sat my Cambridge English assessment and I stupidly mentioned the texts I did on here... then one of the college reps commented and said it was in breach of the confidentiality agreement. I've deleted all my comments but do you think that will damage my application?
Original post by jessica099
So, I just sat my Cambridge English assessment and I stupidly mentioned the texts I did on here... then one of the college reps commented and said it was in breach of the confidentiality agreement. I've deleted all my comments but do you think that will damage my application?

They don't know who you are - all they have is your TSR user name. Even if your real name is Jessica, I suspect they have more that one applicant with that first name.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
They don't know who you are - all they have is your TSR user name. Even if your real name is Jessica, I suspect they have more that one applicant with that first name.

I mentioned the texts I used in my assessment, I'm scared they could use that and put two and two together...
I mentioned the texts I used in my assessment, I'm scared they could use that and put two and two together...

I still think you'll be fine. Did you read the confidentiality agreement? The exact working may vary from college to college (or it may not, I'm not sure), but Homerton's (which I'm quoting simply because I found it first, here) says:

"We will cancel your application to the University if you:
record your assessment or interview
photograph your assessment or interview
have an unauthorised third party present during your assessment or interview"

From what you've said, you've breached the agreement, but not in such an egregious way that they'd cancel your application.
Reply 4

they would most likely email you if they were that worried. I think the rep was probably just advising you to delete them. no big deal
Reply 5
Original post by DataVenia
I still think you'll be fine. Did you read the confidentiality agreement? The exact working may vary from college to college (or it may not, I'm not sure), but Homerton's (which I'm quoting simply because I found it first, here) says:

"We will cancel your application to the University if you:
record your assessment or interview
photograph your assessment or interview
have an unauthorised third party present during your assessment or interview"

From what you've said, you've breached the agreement, but not in such an egregious way that they'd cancel your application.

My college said the same thing... hopefully you're right. Thanks.
Reply 6
Original post by lockets
they would most likely email you if they were that worried. I think the rep was probably just advising you to delete them. no big deal

Good point, that makes sense. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending