The Student Room Group

Sciences Po - Anyone studying there? or Applying 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ailiebebe
hello k-angie! Glad to know u r admitted at the same course! I havent applied for scholarship yet! when did u apply for scholarship?

Yes I applied for 3 scholarships with ScPo. Eiffel, Emile & Master Il de France. I will receive results for all these between March to June.
Reply 81
Hey people!
I am applying for IEP 2014/15.. I will be submitting my application later this week and I hope it is not too late.. There are some 37 days late to the deadline but I fear the classes may already be full.. so do you have any idea if submitting at such a later point decreses my chances of getting in..And also could you tell me the amount of the bursaries per month that a student would receive if he qualifies for it ( CROUS eligibility requirements ) their website says Europeans receive the same treatment as French students.. does any of you know if that is true?

Thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 82
Hey you guys!

These are the links for the Facebook groups for admitted students in International Development at Sciences Po and PSIA for the 2014-2016 batch. Pls join us there!

Cheers :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1447914832109226/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/583655801731402/
Reply 83
Original post by k_angie
Hey you guys!

These are the links for the Facebook groups for admitted students in International Development at Sciences Po and PSIA for the 2014-2016 batch. Pls join us there!

Cheers :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1447914832109226/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/583655801731402/

thats so nice! Thank you for your information. I jusy requested to join. :smile:
Reply 84
Hey everybody.

So I submitted my application for Masters at Science Po the 25th of February. Does anyone have any idea, how long time it might take before I get a result?. I mean, the application deadline is April 3rd. But I will get the answer before, right?
Reply 85
Hey! Anyone else apply to the masters in economics and public policy program?
Hey guys, I have a really big problem... I took my TOEFL on the 28th of February and I didn't receive my official Document yet (it takes up to 6 weeks...) I might miss the deadline next week for Sciences PO. Do yu know if they allow students to apply with a PRINT SCREEN copy of the scores (I already know I passed, they sent me a confirmation online, but I don't have the actual document...)
Thank you!
Reply 87
I guess that it is no problem if you upload the PRINT SCREEN. After confirming your application, you can replace your uploaded files with the other one. Actually, in my case I can still modify some files including language certificate even though I got offer one and half month ago. Thus, I think you can too. It is noted you should ask admission office because that mentioned above is my case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! I submitted everything in the end... How long did it take for you to receive an offer from them? I applied for the DUAL DEGREE wirh Freue Uni Berlin and the International Security Master
Reply 89
Hey guys! Did anyone else applied to the Joint degree in Journalism and International Affairs? If yes, did you heard from Sciences Po, yet?
Reply 90
Sorry for the spam, guys, if you have already discussed this topic, but about the Sciences Po equivalent of CROUS - Can I apply for it if it will be my first year of study (and living) in France? Help will be much appreciated!
Reply 91
So guys I accepted my offer for ScPo and have gotten the Eiffel Scholarship from the French govt. :smile:

has anybody else accepted their offers and is sure shot going to ScPo?
Hey k angie!maybe you would help me,iould you tell me how the whole procedure of application look like? What did make You applicable? What should I have in m tg. Background in order to make it impressive? Are the grades from secondary school so important?
Original post by beefmaster
I was accepted to Sciences Po a couple of years ago but in the end decided not to attend due to an employment opportunity. Let me know if you have any questions about the process!

beefmaster i need your help, i would like to apply to science po next year, could you tell me what ake us applicable , what do they concentrate on looking at our appliction , are the school grades very imoprtant ?
Original post by k_angie
Hi Karolinka97, I am unfortunately not an IB Student. Also can you be a lil more specific regarding the question about how my application looked like? I mean what is it do you want to know about it? My profile?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi
k angie i would like to know what is the most important in our application do they concentrate on our grades fro example ? what made u admissible ? what do they looking for in our applications ?
Reply 95
I am a 21 year-old American student currently in my second year at university with a 4.3 GPA (+) work experience. I came across Science Po for a study abroad semester requirement and was really taken back by the program. Now that I am looking at their International Security and International Relations programs I was thinking about just starting over and doing their whole program for the full 3 years and then continuing to my Masters that following year. The only thing is, when trying to navigate the website all I can find is information about international students coming in directly from high school. Are transfer students not admitted at all? Does anyone have experience with this?

I was a really poor student in high school, I think I graduated with a GPA of 1.3 never showed up (A bit of a hooligan) I did not even take my SAT or ACT is it possible I could still apply with the current grade I have at University? When I contact the forwarding contact email they have posted on the site, I never hear anything back.
Reply 96
Hai everyone!

Is there somebody applying to Science Po in March? I submitted my application on March and still has no answer until today. Well, it's a long waiting indeed...
Hello to all,
Maybe this question has been asked already but I've looked through the forums and can't find a definite answer (Here or website). What is the deferral process like for PSIA? Is it easy to get a deferral approved? Do you have to pay the school some sort of down payment to secure your place for next year? I got accepted to the Masters in International Security in January. However, I recently received a very generous extension of my work contract until December. So I am weighed my options and trying to figure out what the process is like. I am still waiting to hear back about the Dual degree with LSE so if I get that I won't defer. But at this point would like some idea about the deferral procedure. If anyone knows, please let me know….
Thanks!
And good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back
Reply 98
Original post by Canadian0515
Hello to all,
Maybe this question has been asked already but I've looked through the forums and can't find a definite answer (Here or website). What is the deferral process like for PSIA? Is it easy to get a deferral approved? Do you have to pay the school some sort of down payment to secure your place for next year? I got accepted to the Masters in International Security in January. However, I recently received a very generous extension of my work contract until December. So I am weighed my options and trying to figure out what the process is like. I am still waiting to hear back about the Dual degree with LSE so if I get that I won't defer. But at this point would like some idea about the deferral procedure. If anyone knows, please let me know….
Thanks!
And good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back

Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer. I have also been accepted for International Security and I would also like to post pone the offer for one year. Did you find out something meanwhile- I mean since you posted this? I was thinking about asking a french friend to make a phone call and ask about the details.

Thank you in advance.
Bianca
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey there RaLOU,
when did you receive your offer?
I am still waiting for an answer from them, it's been almost 2 months...
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending