The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2014 OFFICIAL

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kieranw5
How many marks will I dropped if I used p=RA/l correctly but for A I used the volume of a cylinder? (pie*r^2*l)

Correct mark for first formula, second mark for correct unit, assumed you did that. Probably no mark for answer though. Meh, still not bad.
Original post by woffletoffle
Using the answers here it looks like I got around 40 marks, give or take a few. Any ideas what grade that would be? :frown:

i got around 44 marks even though i got 37/45 on first section , electricity cancer
probably a d for me and you
Protons only decay via the weak interaction. They do not experience it in the nucleus. Hence, the answer to 2e was electromagnetic with a photon
Reply 383
Original post by Ryejd
What was the effect on the reading on the voltmeter and why? (Last questions?)

As the temperature of the thermistor increases, the resistance of it decreases. Meaning the total resistance of the circuit would decrease, causing current to increase. Therefore the reading on the voltmeter over resistor R would increase (V=IR)
Reply 384
For the question where you had to calculate the energy in eV, does anyone remember the wavelength that they gave us? It was in nanometers.
Original post by AreiMo1997
i got around 44 marks even though i got 37/45 on first section , electricity cancer
probably a d for me and you

yeah, first section was great. so annoyed >:frown:
Do you think if you put weak and then the correct symbol so W_ or W+ you would get one mark out of the two?
Reply 387
You were spot on. That's exactly what came up. Please predict other stuff LMAO T_T it went so bad for me. I got all the power questions wrong... There goes my chance of getting an A. *SIGH*
Original post by Avor
For the question where you had to calculate the energy in eV, does anyone remember the wavelength that they gave us? It was in nanometers.

245nm
Reply 389
i revised so much , once again , electricity makes me look stupid , rofl electicity shouldnt even be one whole section fffs cancer

I agree with you. It is so painful. I got all the power and resistance calculations wrong...
Reply 390
Hopefully we get the marks :frown:
Looking at aqa mark schemes now and they all seem to say electronegative with no mention of electrostatic.

I put electrostatic. I think. Or electromagnetic
yeah, first section was great. so annoyed >:frown:

haha yeah , awkward thing is i want to do theoretical physics at uni , and its pretty awkward when you fail a physics exam
Reply 392
i calculated the current in the graph by finding the gradient in the straight section, which was I^2, and square rooting it to get 1.18 A.

I used this answer for the next 2 parts.

Is this correct?

If not, will i have still picked up marks as I used it in the next two parts of the question.

Original post by jehen97
I agree with you. It is so painful. I got all the power and resistance calculations wrong...

ahahah i got it all wrong XD i got abotu 6 marks on electricity no more... depressing as ****
haha yeah , awkward thing is i want to do theoretical physics at uni , and its pretty awkward when you fail a physics exam

can we resit this next summer without having to resit the whole year?
Original post by Naika98
I thought you could do neutron.

And for electricity I thought p=I^2R so I= square root of p/r. Which was gradient. So couldnt you do square root of gradient for current?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, because then baryon number isn't conserved. sorry :frown:
Original post by butterfly14567
I thought if you increase temperature you increase resistance because the positive ions have more energy so it's more difficult for charge carriers to get through
It annoyed me that they didn't say whether it was a PTC or a NTC:mad:

Thermistors have a NTC - thats why they're used! Resistors have a PTC
What was the significance of the critical temperature? Is it necessary to put uses or can you just say what it is?
How to define resistivity? Is 'resistance of a material for given dimensions' + equation good?
And do you think I would get the marks for saying R in q7 was to avoid short circuit?

flexee I also did that.

Is it correct? :smile:
Reply 399
so guys did you all use P=IV OR P=I^2*R for the internal resistance question in order to work out the current

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending