The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lyricalvibe
I think that's what I got, did it ask for state symbols because I didn't put any...

I specifically didn't put them because they weren't mentioned!
These were the grade boundaries for 2013:

C1C2C3/H: A*=38 A=31 B= 24 C= 18 D=12 E=9

C4C5C6/H: A*=41 A=34 B=26 C=18 D=10 E=6

C7/H: A*=37 A= 32 B=26 C=20 D=14 E=11

However, it depends on the overall outcome for how many people did. Though, I doubt these marks will change drastically.
For the copper 6 mark, i mentioned pollution and acid rain and how not enough copper. i also mentioned in 2030, it will have increased not decreased?
Will this get me the marks?
Original post by olmyster911
What was the equation of extracting copper (?) with carbon??

I put something like 2CuO + C --> 2Cu + CO2

Was this correct??:confused:

Yup that's what I got and it looks balanced to me :smile:
Original post by romaiseb
Yup that's what I got and it looks balanced to me :smile:

Yay :smile:

What did you put for the ABCD question?
Reply 1065
What was the equation of extracting copper (?) with carbon??

I put something like 2CuO + C --> 2Cu + CO2

Was this correct??:confused:

I put that.

Original post by akl141
Wasn't the question, why can't you remove oxygen from aluminium from reduction? It was because, aluminium is more reactive than carbon and remains bonded to the oxygen. Reduction with carbon has no effect.

Yup - Carbon can only be used to reduce the metal if it's less reactive than the metal - but aluminium is more reactive so it can't be done.
Yay :smile:

What did you put for the ABCD question?

:smile: + omg I don't remember doing a question like it - look at my post just above my reply to you ^
Hi, If I get a* in the coursework
A in c1-3
C in c4-6
A* in C7
what will be my overall grade?
Reply 1068
Original post by Loola1234
Hi, If I get a* in the coursework
A in c1-3
C in c4-6
A* in C7
what will be my overall grade?

Mid A probably.
:smile: + omg I don't remember doing a question like it - look at my post just above my reply to you ^

Didn't see your post! I can't remember which q's it was next to :s-smilie:
It was comparing hydrochloric & sulphuric acid though and there were 4 methods of testing and you had to write which two were similar for both and which were different (or something along those lines)
Didn't see your post! I can't remember which q's it was next to :s-smilie:
It was comparing hydrochloric & sulphuric acid though and there were 4 methods of testing and you had to write which two were similar for both and which were different (or something along those lines)

Thanks! This is so strange though! I don't remember attempting or coming across a question like this at all... Oh well - do you know how many marks it was? :smile:
Thanks! This is so strange though! I don't remember attempting or coming across a question like this at all... Oh well - do you know how many marks it was? :smile:

That's not a good sign :s-smilie:

Um well I think it took up a whole page so I'm guessing 4-6 marks
Original post by Sulfur
Mid A probably.

Thank you so much! I'm just going to have to revise really hard for C7 because I don't think I did well at all in C4-6. I made some really silly mistakes and my mind blanked
I specifically didn't put them because they weren't mentioned!

phew, I think I went through the same thought process but that's the kinda mistake I'd make :tongue:

I had no idea what to write for the 6 markers! The first one was my worst I think, I just made short points. The copper one was just stupid, and the last one was also restrictive.

I think I'll have gotten an A*, but only if I get enough marks on the 6 markers and if I got the A,B,C,D question right! No idea on grade boundaries. Did you get A*?

For all them you could have answered with a couple sentences but then I tried backing points up and chizz, the last one was quite wierd but not to bad, but they all could have been 4 markers aswell as 6! On the copper one I actually wrote an essay :eek: it felt like geography :/

a* aswell and I genuinely spent 5-10 mins on that Abcd question :tongue: and from the debate on here rightly so :tongue:

i'm thinking A*40-43 A35 B 26 C15-18
Noooo dammit that ABCD question fooled me loool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I said AB are similar an CD are different due to the reasons you guys mentioned above
Also for the copper oxide question what did your write for the meaning of reduction?
Original post by Fishhy34
I said AB are similar an CD are different due to the reasons you guys mentioned above
Also for the copper oxide question what did your write for the meaning of reduction?

I put it means gaining electrons?
You?
That's not a good sign :s-smilie:

Um well I think it took up a whole page so I'm guessing 4-6 marks

Thank you - I remember having to put in ions or something in two boxes (for hydrochloric acid + sulphuric acid or something) but that was the last question - that was the only question I came across with hydrochloric acid + sulphuric acid in it... Hopefully I haven't lost out on too many marks :s-smilie:
Reply 1078
Also, what was it that you had to write for the question about using Copper as a catalyst , it asked you for a method and what results you would see. I think it was that you place a strip copper in the reaction which would increase the reacting surface area acting like a catalyst. I also mentioned that this should be done whilst using the same quantities of Zinc and HCL (so that it is a fair comparison). You would expect the reaction to happen faster - the rate of reaction would increase.
Original post by lyricalvibe
phew, I think I went through the same thought process but that's the kinda mistake I'd make :tongue:

For all them you could have answered with a couple sentences but then I tried backing points up and chizz, the last one was quite wierd but not to bad, but they all could have been 4 markers aswell as 6! On the copper one I actually wrote an essay :eek: it felt like geography :/

a* aswell and I genuinely spent 5-10 mins on that Abcd question :tongue: and from the debate on here rightly so :tongue:

i'm thinking A*40-43 A35 B 26 C15-18

I had no idea what to write for copper one so I blabbed on about jobs, the economy and pollution from excess mining xD

What did you get for that question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending