The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sulfur
Apparently so! :smile:

I made such stupid mistakes :frown:

If my coursework is an A or A* and i think i did well in biology.
What grades would i need in chemistry and physics to get an A overall.

Thanks
Reply 1121
Original post by fewik
How many people put AB were similar and CD were different?
And how many people wrote magnesium sulfate and chloride for the last question?

:frown:

Nope for first :frown:

Sodium chlorice, NaCl
Sodium sulphate Na2SO​4
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fewik
How many people put AB were similar and CD were different?
And how many people wrote magnesium sulfate and chloride for the last question?

:frown:

I did those :tongue:
Reply 1123
Original post by cupcakes16
I made such stupid mistakes :frown:

If my coursework is an A or A* and i think i did well in biology.
What grades would i need in chemistry and physics to get an A overall.

Thanks

The electrons seems fine as well!

Low-mid As on average
The ABCD question was worded so weirdly I looked over it like three times and I'm 50/50 even now. Tbh it was the worst question made little sense.

Rest of the exam was great though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sulfur
The electrons seems fine as well!

Low-mid As on average

Thanks, was an answer to a question proton and electron - it was an option question with 2 boxes.
What was the C6 six marker question?
Reply 1127
Thanks, was an answer to a question proton and electron - it was an option question with 2 boxes.

Positive - copper ion
Negative - electron

Sorry I've just reread your previous question, for an A overall (seeing as your coursework would be an A-A*) you'd need mid Bs-low As.
aarghhh, i didn't read the question properly.
I put proton and electron:frown:
I have a secure A* in the coursework, I'm sure I got an A* in unit 1 as I remember feeling soooo good after, I think I scraped an A* for today's exam...so what do I need for C7 to get an A* overall? Obviously I'm going to aim as high as I can, but C7 is the hardest 7 for me so realistically if I get an A...will I still get an A* overall?
OOH! Forgot about this question. It's about the Cl- one, what did everybody get? For the second part of the question I put Cl- ion and I can't remember the metal but 3+ ion
i really want an A* overall for additional science. i have a really high A* in coursework and i think i would get about 45 for biology and 34 for chemistry and if i get about 40 for physics, can i still get an A* overall??
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1132
Original post by Sulfur
Exactly what I said.

weren't a and b similar because they're both acids so they give a low ph reading and both hydrochloric acid and sulfuric acid produce hydrogen when reacting with metals.
also c was different because Hcl wouldn't produce a precipitate when sulfuric acid would. And vice versa for d (sulfuric acid wouldn't produce a precipitate with silver.

What were your observations?
[INDENT]i really want an A* overall for additional science. i have a really high A* in coursework and i think i would get about 45 for biology and 34 for chemistry and if i get about 40 for physics, can i still get an A* overall?? [/INDENT]
Reply 1134
Original post by fewik
weren't a and b similar because they're both acids so they give a low ph reading and both hydrochloric acid and sulfuric acid produce hydrogen when reacting with metals.
also c was different because Hcl wouldn't produce a precipitate when sulfuric acid would. And vice versa for d (sulfuric acid wouldn't produce a precipitate with silver.

What were your observations?

They were all worth 3 marks each, so 6 overall which makes me wonder if they'd accept your opinion? `

I said that A was different because they'd produce a different pH because they would be of different acidity (they both can't be 1.51, 1.90 etc). I also said B was different because HCl would react faster than H2SO4.

For C and D I just wrote "They produce a white precipitate when they react". I had no idea.
Can anyone remember what the C6 six marker was?
The ABCD question was 6 marks so I guess if you didn't write which ones were similar and different correctly, that's all 6 marks gone??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123
The ABCD question was 6 marks so I guess if you didn't write which ones were similar and different correctly, that's all 6 marks gone??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep
Reply 1138
Yep

Original post by DDan123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not necessarily - we don't know the mark scheme and it appears that you could give evidence for both sides.
Original post by Sulfur
Not necessarily - we don't know the mark scheme and it appears that you could give evidence for both sides.

Do you think the grade boundaries will be slightly lower?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending