The Student Room Group

Edexcel - Religious Experience, Life after Death or Law, Justice and Punishment

Is it just me who found these questions ridiculous? Really interested in hearing what anyone else thinks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Out of the ones you did I only did life after deat, and I agree discussing one was a complete nightmare
Reply 2
Original post by ELouiseV13
Is it just me that found these questions ridiculous? Really interested in hearing what anyone else thinks!

I found the part B question on Law and punishment horrendous!
Reply 3
Out of the one's you've listed, I only answered life after death, but I agree it was awful! I wasn't keen on how the part B of the Ontological argument was worded either - although it wasn't the end of the world. Lets just pray for low grade boundaries!
Original post by lw260
Out of the one's you've listed, I only answered life after death, but I agree it was awful! I wasn't keen on how the part B of the Ontological argument was worded either - although it wasn't the end of the world. Lets just pray for low grade boundaries!

I know what you mean about the ontological, luckily I think I spotted the trap, aha I agree let's pray, my Hinduism questions were similar to the life after death in the sense they usually ask something on two parts, however it gave us one to analyse :frown:
Reply 5
Is it just me that found these questions ridiculous? Really interested in hearing what anyone else thinks!

I did religious experience. First part was ridiculous, but part b was alright.
Reply 6
Absolutely hated the religious experince question it was absolutely. Speaking to people after the exam we have all written completely different things :frown:((
Reply 7
Original post by 07marfligeo
I know what you mean about the ontological, luckily I think I spotted the trap, aha I agree let's pray, my Hinduism questions were similar to the life after death in the sense they usually ask something on two parts, however it gave us one to analyse :frown:

How did you approach the Ontological if you don't mind me asking? I spoke to friends after the exam and we've all gone about it differently!
Reply 8
I only answered the life after death one out of the ones you mentioned but I agree, it was absolutely awful! I wasn't keen on the way the part B question for the Ontological argument was worded either - lets just hope we get low grade boundaries for it!
Original post by lw260
How did you approach the Ontological if you don't mind me asking? I spoke to friends after the exam and we've all gone about it differently!

Discussed the features being: a priori - why it was a strength: ie no evidence needed and free roam for elaboration
Then the deductive nature of Descartes arguments leading to an analytic truth
Reply 10
I'm hoping for low grade boundaries because everyone seems to have written something different to everybody else haha. Oh well, next stop paper four... :s-smilie:
I answered ontological, life after death and the crucifixion one. I found the life after death one really hard. Especially the second part of the question
Reply 12
Yeah it was ridiculous, how did you do the religious experience one? I couldn't even attempt it
Reply 13
Original post by Nalala
Yeah it was ridiculous, how did you do the religious experience one? I couldn't even attempt it

I talked about how it was a quote from Hobbes, how the first half of it is an revelatory experience, and then how people might interpret experiences differently so Vardy and Wittgenstein. And then how Kierkegaard talks about leap of faith and all that. I'm sure there's some marks in there somewhere for me, but I am really annoyed they wrote the questions like that when exam boards claim that they aren't 'trying to make it difficult' for us.
Reply 14
I talked about how it was a quote from Hobbes, how the first half of it is an revelatory experience, and then how people might interpret experiences differently so Vardy and Wittgenstein. And then how Kierkegaard talks about leap of faith and all that. I'm sure there's some marks in there somewhere for me, but I am really annoyed they wrote the questions like that when exam boards claim that they aren't 'trying to make it difficult' for us.

I Didn't know it was a quote from Hobbes! Wow seriously that sounds like a great answer I didn't even know where to begin - had to opt for a question I hadn't revised much for!
Yeah the format of the questions was definitely a step up from past years....
What other questions did you do?
Reply 15
The life after death questions and law justice and punishment, all rubbish questions again :L
Reply 16
How did everyone answer the life after death q?
I did one belief in part 1 and did strengths + weaknesses
then the other belief in part b and again, strengths and weaknesses for it
but some people in my class did both beliefs in part a and that got me worried.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending