The Student Room Group

OCR B Religion and Philosophy B GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Awful exam for me. Had to tell the invigilator she had written that we started later on the board than we actually did so had no idea what my timings were!

Glad you found the notes helpful :smile:

No idea what to write for any of the 12 markers. Horrible exam!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jhdwuaguigcig
Good, you? I thought the part e was easy compared to the others. And I had a similar question in our mock, so I sort of knew what to write :smile:

It was OK, I think... do you remember the part e statement? Something about people believing in the creator God?

Everyone I knew, put one Christian view. Whilst I did two Christian views and an atheist's view. But I'm not sure if another Christian view applied to the statement. Am I making sense? I feel like I'm talking codswallop.
Original post by colouring
It was OK, I think... do you remember the part e statement? Something about people believing in the creator God?

Everyone I knew, put one Christian view. Whilst I did two Christian views and an atheist's view. But I'm not sure if another Christian view applied to the statement. Am I making sense? I feel like I'm talking codswallop.

Part e was : " God is the creator." or something along the line of that :smile:

Lol, I get you, but what was your two Christian views? Was it literal and liberal? I suppose if you had proof you will be fine :biggrin:

Lol, I get you, but what was your two Christian views? Was it literal and liberal? I suppose if you had proof you will be fine :biggrin:

Yes, I did liberal and literal vviews, but I don't know if I had proof.

I just said many Christians, literal Christians, would agree. I referred to the genesis creation story, cosmological argument, design argument and how God is transcendent etc.

Liberal view was that that God is more immanent, referred the Holy Trinity, explained the natures of God and that God is more than just the creator etc.

but, I don't know if the second view was wrong, or that it didn't relate to the statement.
Reply 24

did you not include paley's design argument and Aquinas's cosmological argument? maybe i interpreted it differently! But also spoke about Dawkins and Hume and Darwin! does this sound about right? i'm now very panicked!
Original post by lexy1213
did you not include paley's design argument and Aquinas's cosmological argument? maybe i interpreted it differently! But also spoke about Dawkins and Hume and Darwin! does this sound about right? i'm now very panicked!

This how i did it (one paragraph for each one point):

Christian:
Cosmological

Counter Atheist argument:
World is not perfect (natural disasters )

Christian:
Teleological

Atheist:
No scientific proof for the creator

Christian
Greater Good argument

Atheist (My point of View):
If god was benevolent, he won't let one person get hurt ...blah blah blah

I don't know much about Dawkins and Hume, but i assume they are scientist, so I think that should be fine to counter argue against a christian.
Reply 26
This how i did it (one paragraph for each one point):

Christian:
Cosmological

Counter Atheist argument:
World is not perfect (natural disasters )

Christian:
Teleological

Atheist:
No scientific proof for the creator

Christian
Greater Good argument

Atheist (My point of View):
If god was benevolent, he won't let one person get hurt ...blah blah blah

I don't know much about Dawkins and Hume, but i assume they are scientist, so I think that should be fine to counter argue against a christian.

yeah that sounds pretty good I'm sure you've done well!
Yes, I did liberal and literal vviews, but I don't know if I had proof.

I just said many Christians, literal Christians, would agree. I referred to the genesis creation story, cosmological argument, design argument and how God is transcendent etc.

Liberal view was that that God is more immanent, referred the Holy Trinity, explained the natures of God and that God is more than just the creator etc.

but, I don't know if the second view was wrong, or that it didn't relate to the statement.

I'm sure using arguments (ie cosmological, design...) is considered as proof :biggrin: I used arguments rather than quotes for this part e.

Also remember the marker of your paper is looking to give marks, not take them away, so if you did get a point totally wrong, they will just ignore it! If the rest of your essay is fine, then you will get marks for that.
You wrote about atheists and Christians so you probably did something right! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lexy1213
yeah that sounds pretty good I'm sure you've done well!

Hopefully :biggrin:

But i might have made tonnes of spelling mistakes, which is worrying :frown:
I completely F-d up by the look of it on that "people should believe in a creator god" part e. instead of focusing on the "creator" bit and using the design theory I jsut focused on Christian views on other people believing in god eg trying to convert atheists :/ the rest of the questions went well though I think
I sure using arguments (ie cosmological, design...) is considered as proof :biggrin: I used arguments rather than quotes for this part e.

Also remember the marker of your paper is looking to give marks, not take them away, so if you did get a point totally wrong, they will just ignore it! If the rest of your essay is fine, then you will get marks for that.
You wrote about atheists and Christians so you probably did something right! :smile:

thank you, for that! I got really worried, as many people only did one Christan point of view.

From the sounds of it, you've done really well. Best of luck for your other exams :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by lerjj
Couldn't see one of these that existed, I know it's a bit late as well. But if anyone wants to chat about tomorrow's Philosophy paper and what units they're doing, feel free.

I'm doing: Beliefs about Deity (Christianity), End of Life (Hinduism), Good and Evil (Christianity) and Religion and Science (Christianity)

Hi, I did the same as you but all for Christianity. Overall, I don't think the papers were very nice, particularly the first - I thought they were very difficult questions, and I have achieved A grades at least in all mocks, termly assessments etc, so I wouldn't say I have a lack of ability in the subject. I couldn't really put many quotes in any of my answers. I hope I did okay overall, but the first paper wasn't great at all :/

If anyone wants to share what they put for any of the questions please feel free! :smile:
thank you, for that! I got really worried, as many people only did one Christan point of view.

From the sounds of it, you've done really well. Best of luck for your other exams :smile:

Well I think i did well on this question, but i don't know about the rest. But I'll find out on results day, yay! :s-smilie:

Good Luck for your exams too XD
Original post by Jack98
Hi, I did the same as you but all for Christianity. Overall, I don't think the papers were very nice, particularly the first - I thought they were very difficult questions, and I have achieved A grades at least in all mocks, termly assessments etc, so I wouldn't say I have a lack of ability in the subject. I couldn't really put many quotes in any of my answers. I hope I did okay overall, but the first paper wasn't great at all :/

If anyone wants to share what they put for any of the questions please feel free! :smile:

I did the same topics as you, but Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Christianity (again)
I felt that the question for good and evil was evil- "Bad people will never do good things."
I didn't even know what two groups of people to use for this question!
I kinda just wrote what came into my head so I can't see my self getting more that 7/12
And for my Hinduism part e :" There is no point of funerals," my atheist point of view was poor.

I like the belief in deity (I already posted what i wrote for this one, scroll up :biggrin: )
and thought the science and religion one was okay:

"Science and religion can't work together," (can't remember exactly what it was) One paragraph per point!

Literal Christian :
Agree, science argues the existence of God.

Liberal counter argument:
Science provides evidence for God and religion gives science reasons, they should work together. Big bang started the universe; Someone must have created the Big Bang (cosmological argument)

Literal :
Evidence (ie fossils made to look old) are a test of faith from God - Earth is only 6 million years old
The bible has it all, which are what we are supposed to follow

Liberal:
The Bible isn't exactly what happened but a symbol....
(Example used feeding of 5000 might not happened but is a lesson of sharing what we have)
Science helps humans evolve, which is what God would have wanted for his most loved creation.

Literal:
Science just makes more people question God. Before science evolved, most people in England who were Christians, didn't question the words of God....

Atheists (My point of view):
I believe "science without religion is lame, and religion without science is blind."

This is just about what i remember i wrote, sorry kinda rushed.

What do you normally get out of 24?
Reply 34
I did the same topics as you, but Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Christianity (again)
I felt that the question for good and evil was evil- "Bad people will never do good things."
I didn't even know what two groups of people to use for this question!
I kinda just wrote what came into my head so I can't see my self getting more that 7/12
And for my Hinduism part e :" There is no point of funerals," my atheist point of view was poor.

I like the belief in deity (I already posted what i wrote for this one, scroll up :biggrin: )
and thought the science and religion one was okay:

"Science and religion can't work together," (can't remember exactly what it was) One paragraph per point!

Literal Christian :
Agree, science argues the existence of God.

Liberal counter argument:
Science provides evidence for God and religion gives science reasons, they should work together. Big bang started the universe; Someone must have created the Big Bang (cosmological argument)

Literal :
Evidence (ie fossils made to look old) are a test of faith from God - Earth is only 6 million years old
The bible has it all, which are what we are supposed to follow

Liberal:
The Bible isn't exactly what happened but a symbol....
(Example used feeding of 5000 might not happened but is a lesson of sharing what we have)
Science helps humans evolve, which is what God would have wanted for his most loved creation.

Literal:
Science just makes more people question God. Before science evolved, most people in England who were Christians, didn't question the words of God....

Atheists (My point of view):
I believe "science without religion is lame, and religion without science is blind."

This is just about what i remember i wrote, sorry kinda rushed.

What do you normally get out of 24?

Hi, sorry, but I've only just seen this since the exam!

For all my fears, I actually ended up doing pretty well - I got 194/200, somehow! How did you do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending