The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Haha I've failed. How'd it go for everyone else?
Original post by Delused
Haha I've failed. How'd it go for everyone else?

I'm sure you haven't :wink:
Surprisingly well :biggrin: calculations took me to much time though :unimpressed: the 6 markers were nice but I needed like an extra 30 seconds for that last 6 markers but no :frown:
Why'd you think you failed?
Original post by DDan123
You'll be fine dw :wink: I'm planning to do another hour in the morning, but I'll probably oversleep :tongue:

I woke 5:15 and did the whole of p5 :tongue: semi payed off :tongue:

How'd you find it?
What did people get for the e=mc^2 one?
Original post by lyricalvibe

Im not sure its right but i got 0.00000001.
LOOL, its probably not right. Oh well :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sure you haven't :wink:
Surprisingly well :biggrin: calculations took me to much time though :unimpressed: the 6 markers were nice but I needed like an extra 30 seconds for that last 6 markers but no :frown:
Why'd you think you failed?

Just don't feel as confident as I did in others! The 6 markers were horrid!
Oh god I think I've actually failed :/ hopefully my course work will bring me up :'(
Thought it went well - much better exam than the first physics one. Only thing I'm annoyed about is that I don't know if I've answered the nucleur/uranium reactor question well enough - I think I wrote how fuel rods fire the neutrons when they actually contain the uranium...
What did u guys put for the nuclear equation ?
Reply 1489
Much better than I thought!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)

Remind me was this in the section where it also had the question about coal reactors?
I put 1/30,000,000 for the question on the mass of uranium.

I loved the six markers though -I'd looked at filaments previously and did nuclear waste for last year's physics.
What did people say about long-jumping Amir?
Original post by JazzyT17
What did u guys put for the nuclear equation ?

Which?
Original post by romaiseb
Thought it went well - much better exam than the first physics one. Only thing I'm annoyed about is that I don't know if I've answered the nucleur/uranium reactor question well enough - I think I wrote how fuel rods fire the neutrons when they actually contain the uranium...

It was 4 marks I think so one mistake won't be too costly :smile:
Original post by Delused
Just don't feel as confident as I did in others! The 6 markers were horrid!

Physics is my least confident science :redface: I love how they wielded beliefs into the last one :tongue:

P7 isn't too bad though so that can bring your marks up if you didn't do as well as you'd like :smile:
Original post by ColeNate

I loved the six markers though -I'd looked at filaments previously and did nuclear waste for last year's physics.

I got similar (1/3 x 10^7 I think)
, Same I did a workbook question in the morning basically exact same question and marked myself with Mark scheme and book :biggrin:
Reply 1494
Original post by ColeNate

I put the same for uranium mass.

I put to summarise for Amir question greater velocity=greater K.E=great GPE=great vertical height=greater difference.
Original post by azo
I put the same for uranium mass.

I put to summarise for Amir question greater velocity=greater K.E=great GPE=great vertical height=greater difference.

I didn't mention KE and GPE because I wasn't confident enough on it in the context of long jumping to be honest. I mentioned friction between his feet and the floor, the resultant force generated forwards, how momentum increases with force and other factors which could have slowed him down such as air resistance and disabilities.

I got 0.00000003 recurring. Mass = Energy / Speed of light squared. The number sounds reasonable because nuclear fission is much more efficient than burning coal. Can anyone clarify :confused:
Original post by mmaryam
Im not sure its right but i got 0.00000001.
LOOL, its probably not right. Oh well :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got similar but mine would end in 3( 3.3x10^8)

Original post by romaiseb
Remind me was this in the section where it also had the question about coal reactors?
it asked you to fins mass and you knew energy and speed of light :smile:

Original post by azo
Much better than I thought!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

High five :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I didn't know that filaments are resistors! I started talking about how the filament is thinner so the charge has to squeeze through it more incomparison the the thicker wires connected to the filament which would've heated it up more haha
Original post by Jillianmckeith
I didn't know that filaments are resistors! I started talking about how the filament is thinner so the charge has to squeeze through it more incomparison the the thicker wires connected to the filament which would've heated it up more haha

Filament -> High resistance -> Electrons colliding with positive charges -> Heat generated -> Begins to glow -> Visible light emitted

Vice versa for connecting wires I believe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending