The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by olmyster911
It was awful omfg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bro...
Still P7 to compensate :biggrin:
The wires contain charged electrons pressing the switch to complete the circuit. Which allows electrons move around the circuit in a continuos loop. The energy transformed to power supple electrons to the lamp. The electrons collide with ions in the lamp filament.the filament get it and the lamps become hot enough to emit light. The have used negative so that it's electrons have gone to the bulb so it hasn't got enought electrons to emit light. Is this good enough to get three marks.
Grade boundaries ?
Reply 1543
I thought that the exam was alright but once again after comparing answers it could've gone better...

For the graph I kept doing curved and then straight, and made it straight stupidly. I left s gap from the origin though and got current and power the right way, how many out of 3 do you think I'd get?

for the Amir six marker I mentioned acceleration, not velocity - is this still right?
Original post by Sulfur
I thought that the exam was alright but once again after comparing answers it could've gone better...

For the graph I kept doing curved and then straight, and made it straight stupidly. I left s gap from the origin though and got current and power the right way, how many out of 3 do you think I'd get?

for the Amir six marker I mentioned acceleration, not velocity - is this still right?

It said not to plot the graph
Reply 1545
Original post by Sulfur

The graph was a steep curve depending on what your axis was. For the Amir six mark, acceleration was fine, but you must have mentioned increasing speed or velocity in order to gain extra marks otherwise the acceleration has no direct effect.
Reply 1546
Original post by akl141
The graph was a steep curve depending on what your axis was. For the Amir six mark, acceleration was fine, but you must have mentioned increasing speed or velocity in order to gain extra marks otherwise the acceleration has no direct effect.

Yup - said acceleration and momentum built up as he began to run from stationary

Original post by Basim97

Not the actual results, you had to draw the pattern it'd produce though.
The wires contain charged electrons pressing the switch to complete the circuit. Which allows electrons move around the circuit in a continuos loop. The energy transformed to power supple electrons to the lamp. The electrons collide with ions in the lamp filament.the filament get it and the lamps become hot enough to emit light. The have used negative so that it's electrons have gone to the bulb so it hasn't got enought electrons to emit light. Howmany marks would I get
Original post by lyricalvibe
Bro...
Still P7 to compensate :biggrin:

That's even worse!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone need the 7s papers from june 2013.
Original post by Sulfur

I had no idea what to put for that one. Did you mention momentum, K.E, G.P.E & drag? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1551
I had no idea what to put for that one. Did you mention momentum, K.E, G.P.E & drag? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Momentum was relevant to mention as well as the fact that his driving forces was greater than the counter forces such as friction and drag. Kinetic energy would also be relevant, but GPE would only be relevant if you linked it to an increase in kinetic energy/speed. Also useful to mention that when Amir runs, he creates an interaction pair on the surface with a greater force that pushes him.
Original post by g.l.a.4559
thanks so much for putting this up... just wonderin where did you get it? cos ive been looking for one for B7 but i can't find it anywhere://

Here are is the B7 paper from 2013.
Original post by lyricalvibe
I woke 5:15 and did the whole of p5 :tongue: semi payed off :tongue:

How'd you find it?

It was mixed for me. I found the paper in general reasonable, but I found the first six marker a bit tricky.
Original post by Basim97

It said 'do not need' which I interpreted as don't do it, if it's not necessary, but you wont be penalised.
Guys, now i'm really worried about the first 6 marker. What were they expecting you to talk about?? I was so unsure at the time!!:angry: I didn't know whether they wanted you to talk about G.P.E to K.E, momentum, interaction pair, forces that are acting on him when hes running?? I ended up talking mainly about G.P.E to K.E as he jumps and lands, and hinted at all the other ideas that came to my mind aha.
Original post by DDan123
Guys, now i'm really worried about the first 6 marker. What were they expecting you to talk about?? I was so unsure at the time!!:angry: I didn't know whether they wanted you to talk about G.P.E to K.E, momentum, interaction pair, forces that are acting on him when hes running?? I ended up talking mainly about G.P.E to K.E as he jumps and lands, and hinted at all the other ideas that came to my mind aha.

You had to talk about all of them to get into level 3 marking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123
It was mixed for me. I found the paper in general reasonable, but I found the first six marker a bit tricky.

I just when to the font page and thought about what I could relate to the question :tongue:, you know the neutron emission question? I went to the back of the exam paper to look up the element :lol: I'm to dependant on that formula sheet :tongue:

Original post by mehtj006.310
(black dynamite) here are all 3 papers with mark schemes.

Thank you! Never done a 7 paper before :eek:

That's even worse!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, it looks scary but the only proper equation is paralax and that is just some triangle chizz :tongue: it's like advanced p4 and some stars :biggrin:
I was so stressful for that exam though, I'm starting bio today because I ain't doing last minute like that again :nope: fried my brain me thinks :redface:
Original post by brodingoson
You had to talk about all of them to get into level 3 marking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thanks, phew! I don't think i went into enough detail about all of them so I probably wont get into the 5-6 mark category. I'm guessing I definitely got at least 3 marks or probably 4 since I did end up talking about them all :wink: The other 6 markers were good :biggrin: I had a lot to write about the filament wire and about nuclear waste. How did you find the exam??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending