The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

I messed up on the p4 section I lost like 6 marks fgs how did you work out the momentum I was so confused and I just talked about everything I could for Amir ad his stupid jump except gpe didnt see how that made him jump further it's just stored kinetic energy isn't it
Shoutout to my homie krollo for helping me this morning ily
Reply 1622
Original post by iodqwm
wasn't it 135 for the top and 52/42 for the bottom ( i forgot which one)

I thought it was 132 for top and 40 for bottom? I can't remember if they were my answers to be honest, but I think 40 was one of them and the other ended in a 2?
Original post by Swag>education
I messed up on the p4 section I lost like 6 marks fgs how did you work out the momentum I was so confused and I just talked about everything I could for Amir ad his stupid jump except gpe didnt see how that made him jump further it's just stored kinetic energy isn't it

I got 0.4 for the momentum one but i think its wrong :frown:
Original post by Sulfur
I thought it was 132 for top and 40 for bottom? I can't remember if they were my answers to be honest, but I think 40 was one of them and the other ended in a 2?

I put 135 over 40

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys what did you say for the first two six markers?

I said something about momentum, gravity and chemical energy or something for the first one :s

Then for the second one I said that the wires were smaller so needed less energy/energy more powerful, uh and the ion particles in wires collided with the wires beforehand creating more energy for the filament lamp? DX I kinda guessed those two
Reply 1626
Original post by Swag>education

I think the change in momentum question was 0.4kg?
(0.2x6)-(0.2x4) or simple (0.2x2) = 0.4kg

Original post by Fyt
Section a (card) can detect both beta and gamma but not alpha as alpha is stopped by thin paper. Section b (aluminium) can be used to detect only gamma as the aluminium blocks the beta but not the gamma. The thing that tha had to be kept in mind is that the detecting material was behind the different sections so the radiation first needed to pass the sections. This is why the next question said that alpha rays can't be detected. It is because all three materials stop the alpha particles so they are never able to reach the detecting material behind the 3 sections.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So saying:

Beta - Section A and B
Gamma - Section A only would be 1/2 do you think?
Reply 1627
Original post by olmyster911
I put 135 over 40

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I put 132 because the neutron had a 3 in front of it so maybe I did 135-3 = 132. I'm pretty sure 135 will be right then.
How do you guys write so much for each question? I find that there is NEVER enough space, especially on 6 markers.
Surely the change in momentum was 2 kgm/s? As it is velocity you have to take into account the reversal of direction, don't you? I may be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1630
Original post by ColeNate
How do you guys write so much for each question? I find that there is NEVER enough space, especially on 6 markers.

I just wrote over the lines for P4, on the final line for P5 and a couple of lines over/extra paper for P6
Original post by Sulfur
I just wrote over the lines for P4, on the final line for P5 and a couple of lines over/extra paper for P6

Ah, fair enough. A good strategy would be to ask for 1 extra sheet of paper before the exam starts as the 6 mark lines don't really accommodate QWC and science.
Did anyone else write a essay on the radioactive waste? Lol I wrote about 2 sides for that but I'm bit worried now as it was only a 6 marker so I shouldn't have wrote that much :smile:
Original post by mehtj006.310
Here are is the B7 paper from 2013.

thank you x
Original post by Sulfur
I think I put 132 because the neutron had a 3 in front of it so maybe I did 135-3 = 132. I'm pretty sure 135 will be right then.

Ahh ok it was only worth a few marks anyways

Posted from TSR Mobile
...well I'm late to this thread for once because of a maths mock in prep for tomorrow! Ah well. Overall how was it? I found it a hell of a lot easier than I expected and it was really short?
Yeah it was easier than I expected but I barely finished. I had so much to write for the final 6mark but could not due to time.
Reply 1637
What was the answer to the change in momentum question. I put 0.4 but can anyone say with confidence that it was right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1638
Original post by Fyt
What was the answer to the change in momentum question. I put 0.4 but can anyone say with confidence that it was right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sadly I can't say with confidence no, but I can tell you that the people that I asked also got that. You could've calculated it by doing the first momentum (6x0.2) - the second momentum too (4x0.2) which is another way to do the change I believe.
Original post by mehtj006.310
Does anyone need the 7s papers from june 2013.

Yes pleasee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending