The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
And maybe any six markers for c7 and p7 too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HappyHylian
Did someone call me? :wink:

Yes please!!!
Reply 1702
A bit off topic but does anyone have a business communications systems exam on Wednesday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sulfur
Haha, yes! If I was to plan some of these (after learning B7 right now) I'm thinking:

Differences between Diabetes type 1 and type 2 and how they can be controlled
Explain the components of the blood
Explain the function of the heart and the valves in respect to blood
Explain the components of a joint
Explain different types of injuries and how they're dealt with (RICE)
Explain what is meant by a perfect closed loop system and why ecosystems are not one of them
Explain what is meant by a stable ecosystem and why their properties are beneficial (speak about vegetation)
Explain the process of temperature inside the body
Differences between vasodilation and vasoconstriction in the body and why they're important

That's all I've covered in B7 for now - and I'm sure you'll have about a million of them! :smile:

what is there to say for 6 marks about why ecosystems are not a perfect closed loop system? All as i can think of is because of human activity e.g. Taking out unrecycled waste, overfishing and timber harvesting
is there any more?
Reply 1704
Original post by Amyjonesx
what is there to say for 6 marks about why ecosystems are not a perfect closed loop system? All as i can think of is because of human activity e.g. Taking out unrecycled waste, overfishing and timber harvesting
is there any more?

Stating what a perfect closed loop ecosystem
Why ecosystems aren't (migration of organisms, nutrients are carried by water/air)?
Original post by Sulfur
Stating what a perfect closed loop ecosystem
Why ecosystems aren't (migration of organisms, nutrients are carried by water/air)?

Ohh i remember that now! Would you still put about the human activity?
Reply 1706
Ohh i remember that now! Would you still put about the human activity?

Yup! :smile:
Reply 1707
Have to say B7 is quite a nice unit :smile:
I know this question is rather far fetched but i can imagine that in B7 they will ask us aboit topics that arent on the specification, does anyone have any idea on what these could be? For example things youve been taught by your teacher which arent necessarily covered by the spec!
i understand they could ask literally anything but its worth the shot asking i suppose :smile:
Reply 1709
I know this question is rather far fetched but i can imagine that in B7 they will ask us aboit topics that arent on the specification, does anyone have any idea on what these could be? For example things youve been taught by your teacher which arent necessarily covered by the spec!
i understand they could ask literally anything but its worth the shot asking i suppose :smile:

Our teacher taught us about DNA ligase and DNA endonuclease in terms of genetic modification. We were also taught about tertiary groups and all of that ecosystem nonsense that I hate too. And we don't even need to know it!
Reply 1710
Original post by Sulfur
Our teacher taught us about DNA ligase and DNA endonuclease in terms of genetic modification. We were also taught about tertiary groups and all of that ecosystem nonsense that I hate too. And we don't even need to know it!

I hate when teachers do that! They seem to get carried away after teaching their A-level classes..
Original post by JazzyT17
Yeah I think it should be enough but c7 is quite hard so I would go in for any revision session your school holds because they have lots of calculations and equation but tbh My school didn't teach c7 good anyway :/ B7 is nice and p7 is just ok but then there's c7 lol. Good luck for your exams! :smile: Also I'm doing the same thing as u, I'm only revising in order.

I'll probably still end up learning all of C7 the night before anyway
Original post by Krollo
There's been mixed feelings about the Physics exams. 123 could easily be 30 for an a* judging by how everyone seems to have done. 456 was marginally better, according to most people, but it seemed to me to be stuff that you could do if you knew the syllabus well, whereas P123 was just random crap for the most part.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually preferred the P123 to the 456 :s-smilie:
Yh I haven't started any revision for C7 and P7 at all. I definitely remember them being a lot harder than B7.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1714
Original post by azo
I hate when teachers do that! They seem to get carried away after teaching their A-level classes..

Exactly! I mean, sure it's interesting, but I don't want to revise something when I already have little time to revise for that exam.
Original post by olmyster911
I actually preferred the P123 to the 456 :s-smilie:

:eek: that 123 is the worst exam I've done this exam season :frown:
Original post by lyricalvibe
:eek: that 123 is the worst exam I've done this exam season :frown:

456 was the worst I've done all season :biggrin:
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries were for last year's B7?
Original post by Invest
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries were for last year's B7?

45 for an A*, 39 (I think) for an A. Quite high.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1719
B7 notes all written up! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending