The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Person B was healthier right? And it was about diabetes for the graph and health questions?
Original post by azo
I messed up the insectide question :frown: I put about interdependence and how a reduced number of insects will mean less food for other organisms rather than bioaccumulation

I get how this is wrong :smile: if you use insecticides it will kill insects and that is a food source. Removing food source affects other organisms(the question) because they will find it harder to survive and can starve :confused: I put about accumulation, interdependence and then related it all to a perfect closed loop system and how insecticides is like removing outputs and inputs so the ecosystem and hence organisms in it are affected, I also put about ecosystem services and how you are affecting plants because insects can pollinate (plants are organisms right?) So plants aren't fertilized as much, and knock on effect with food here

I found it really vague and initially had nothing to write and ended up with an essay :frown:
Did anyone mention bio accumulation for the insecticide question?

Also I put that the process involved in tissue fluid was the exchange of molecules (e.g. Oxygen & glucose)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amyjonesx
Me too i came out of the exam crying my eyes out as i saw the examiner lift my paper and saw them 5 marks walking away from me
such a stupid stupid mistake :frown: im scared i wont get an A/A* now :frown:
what was the last question anyone?
Original post by olmyster911
Did anyone mention bio accumulation for the insecticide question?

Also I put that the process involved in tissue fluid was the exchange of molecules (e.g. Oxygen & glucose)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes and yes :biggrin:
Original post by 123abcde
what was the last question anyone?

Ticky boxe questions about microorganisms in industry and I think genetic modification(I don't remember for sure this one) :redface:
Original post by lyricalvibe
Ticky boxe questions about microorganisms in industry and I think genetic modification(I don't remember for sure this one) :redface:

was there a question on the back page because I didn't see one? :frown:
Original post by 123abcde
was there a question on the back page because I didn't see one? :frown:

Dw too much! Many people forgot it :smile: but yes, 5 marks, 2 ticky box questions :redface:
There was a question where you have to name the system in the glasshouses. Was it negative feedback?
Who understood the six mark question helene? and what did you write
Original post by LFC08
There was a question where you have to name the system in the glasshouses. Was it negative feedback?

I put that! Just a guess though
Original post by LFC08

Yes
Original post by LFC08

That question had me looking at it for a good few minutes! I don't allow myself to move on without answering but that's what I got in the end :smile: it was a part b to the question about temperature so I'm pretty sure that's correct unless theirs another system to do with temperature control...?
Reply 1953
I get how this is wrong :smile: if you use insecticides it will kill insects and that is a food source. Removing food source affects other organisms(the question) because they will find it harder to survive and can starve :confused: I put about accumulation, interdependence and then related it all to a perfect closed loop system and how insecticides is like removing outputs and inputs so the ecosystem and hence organisms in it are affected, I also put about ecosystem services and how you are affecting plants because insects can pollinate (plants are organisms right?) So plants aren't fertilized as much, and knock on effect with food here

I found it really vague and initially had nothing to write and ended up with an essay :frown:

Yes I also put in pollination too! I think it may have picked up about 2 marks, do you think the stuff about removing a food source is correct because that's what I put. I just forgot to put anything in about bioaccumuation....
Our exam lasted 55 minutes! I had to sit on my own at the front of the hall because everyone else left and I demanded my extra 5 minutes!!
Thoughts o grade boundaries?last year 45 A* I think the paper was more accessible to lower grades so they'll go up or stay the same, 2 hard to access 6 markers and a back page =17 hard marks to get? I think they're staying the same tbh for the A*
What did the diving question have to do with? I think I got all the stuff about pressure and resurfacing slowly ect but it felt more like the other sciences than biology. Weiird... It doesn't fit in with anything I revised??
Original post by azo
Yes I also put in pollination too! I think it may have picked up about 2 marks, do you think the stuff about removing a food source is correct because that's what I put. I just forgot to put anything in about bioaccumuation....

Sorry, my first sentence should have been I don't get how it's wrong and I then explained how I agree that that point is right-my last comment to you :smile: other organisms depend on insects for food so taking the food source affects them (the question being asked

-hope that makes sense. I agree is basically what I mean :tongue:

If the points are right you should get 4 marks :smile:
I thought it went well but that 6 marker on Helene was so annoying I felt that was more interpretation of the articles than using any applied knowledge, and I didn't answer the two maker on the how tissue fluid is formed I think...? But I mean the rest went well I was happy with the other 6 markers especially the first one on keeping at a constant temperature
Reply 1959
Sorry, my first sentence should have been I don't get how it's wrong and I then explained how I agree that that point is right-my last comment to you :smile: other organisms depend on insects for food so taking the food source affects them (the question being asked

-hope that makes sense. I agree is basically what I mean :tongue:

If the points are right you should get 4 marks :smile:

Ah okay yeah thats good then :smile: I knew what I was writing wasn't wrong I just wasn't sure it's what they wanted. I guess the mark scheme will probably be ones of those that has 3 sections, you need to mention all 3 to get 5/6

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending