The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sulfur
53 or 54/64, 86 UMS so I need to get A*s :tongue:

Do you know how many UMS i need to get on each paper to get an A* in biology overall if my coursework is 61/64 ?
Original post by Amyjonesx
Do you know how many UMS i need to get on each paper to get an A* in biology overall if my coursework is 61/64 ?

Wow your coursework is high! Our teachers were soo strict and gave nobody anywhere near the 60 mark in case it got moderated down!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2042
Original post by superdarklord
Same as mine, what do we need in raw marks to get an A* then overall ish

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't predict it until boundaries sadly, but we need to get A*s in the upper end of the lower bound if that makes sense... such as 92-94% UMS. In the 40s for each unit though.
Original post by Sulfur
53 or 54/64, 86 UMS so I need to get A*s :tongue:

Ahh right! Well I'm sure you will have! I'm genuinely surprised at getting A*'s in my coursework because the practicals were so badly carried out by me and my partner xD
Reply 2044

In Physics I got 60/64 and this was 98 UMS, so 61 will probably be 99 UMS and it'll cap at 63-64 for 100.

A* = 360 UMS
360-99 = 261
261/3 units = 87 UMS in each unit
Original post by Sulfur
Can't predict it until boundaries sadly, but we need to get A*s in the upper end of the lower bound if that makes sense... such as 92-94% UMS. In the 40s for each unit though.

Okay sounds doable thanks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sulfur
In Physics I got 60/64 and this was 98 UMS, so 61 will probably be 99 UMS and it'll cap at 63-64 for 100.

A* = 360 UMS
360-99 = 261

Thankyou!
Wow your coursework is high! Our teachers were soo strict and gave nobody anywhere near the 60 mark in case it got moderated down!

Posted from TSR Mobile

really? Thats so unfair! I suppose at least you know you wont get marked down :smile:
what have you got in all 3?
really? Thats so unfair! I suppose at least you know you wont get marked down :smile:
what have you got in all 3?

I have no ideaa I know I got solid As in them, 54 in one, idk about the rest but yeah it's so irritating

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2049

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same as ours :frown: I still don't even know what I got in my physics and chemistry coursework but I know they awarded nobody A*..... it's kind of frustrating given I saw some work on the internet (different topic but still) with barely any detail which had got like 60/64 .... :frown:
Original post by azo
Same as ours :frown: I still don't even know what I got in my physics and chemistry coursework but I know they awarded nobody A*..... it's kind of frustrating given I saw some work on the internet (different topic but still) with barely any detail which had got like 60/64 .... :frown:

Really unfair! Thankyou to my teachers!!
only a couple of people in my year got A*s i think
Reply 2051
Original post by Sulfur

A* = 360 UMS
360-99 = 261

So wait.. Let me get this straight. If you need 87 in each unit which 40-43 marks. But if the grade boundaries are 36-39 for an a* and someone just scrapes the grade boundaries getting 36-39 then he will have 3 A* in his exams and an A* in controlled assessment giving a total of 4 A*s and still end up with an A? That's not possible is it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2052
Original post by Fyt
So wait.. Let me get this straight. If you need 87 in each unit which 40-43 marks. But if the grade boundaries are 36-39 for an a* and someone just scrapes the grade boundaries getting 36-39 then he will have 3 A* in his exams and an A* in controlled assessment giving a total of 4 A*s and still end up with an A? That's not possible is it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, the UMS stays the same but the UMS that's given for each raw mark changes depending on the boundaries. 40-43 marks one year could be a high A*, the other year it could be a mid A*. Your UMS can push up other units, such as the coursework 'theoretically' to an A* or whatever grade you want. It all comes down to UMS.
Original post by azo

Unlucky :frown: is it getting moderated or anything?
Original post by Sulfur

A* = 360 UMS
360-99 = 261

Thanks you! What und does each grade roughly translate to in the exam then?as in what grade would 87 fall into?
Really unfair! Thankyou to my teachers!!
only a couple of people in my year got A*s i think

How many students do triple in your school?
Reply 2056
Original post by lyricalvibe
Thanks you! What und does each grade roughly translate to in the exam then?as in what grade would 87 fall into?

A* = 90
A = 80
etc
Original post by Sulfur
A* = 90
A = 80
etc

Original post by olmyster911
Ahh right! Well I'm sure you will have! I'm genuinely surprised at getting A*'s in my coursework because the practicals were so badly carried out by me and my partner xD

We lied our way through biology -_- the enzyme just ****ed up so we just gave up and lied lied lied :/
Original post by lyricalvibe
How many students do triple in your school?

id say around a third or a quarter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending