The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

After watching that I'm more worried :s-smilie:

They said that they knew if someone had finished their answer if it went off the screen, but mine don't, and I usually finish a sentence before starting a new one on the additional paper, which makes me think they don't know I've written more and won't mark the additional paper :eek:
Is equilibrium the same as dynamic equilibrium I don't understand does the harber process reach eaquilibrium but not dynamic equilibrium ??
Reply 2262
Original post by olmyster911

They said that they knew if someone had finished their answer if it went off the screen, but mine don't, and I usually finish a sentence before starting a new one on the additional paper, which makes me think they don't know I've written more and won't mark the additional paper :eek:

But those papers are hand marked so the marker will have the additional paper so will have to mark it? Anyway I'm sure it will be fine
Original post by azo
But those papers are hand marked so the marker will have the additional paper so will have to mark it? Anyway I'm sure it will be fine

So the exam paper AND the additional booklet are marked together?
Reply 2264

STOP WORRYING. THEY READ THE WHOLE ANSWER AND THEN MARK IT :tongue: There was an examiner report about it when doing OCR technology that applied to the whole exam system.
Original post by Sulfur
I think that I'll take the risk and not revise the sections on Ethanol/Ethane/Ethene because there's so much nonsense.

Are you doing further maths
Reply 2266
So the exam paper AND the additional booklet are marked together?

That's my understanding, yes! :smile:
Reply 2267
Original post by Swag>education
Are you doing further maths

Yup, are you?
Original post by Sulfur
STOP WORRYING. THEY READ THE WHOLE ANSWER AND THEN MARK IT :tongue: There was an examiner report about it when doing OCR technology that applied to the whole exam system.

Original post by azo
That's my understanding, yes! :smile:

Okay, sorry for being a nuisance xD I was just scared my work wouldn't count is all :awesome:
Do we need to know about the bromine water test between alkanes and alkenes
Original post by Sulfur
Yup, are you?

Yh how did you find Mondays paper
Reply 2271
Okay, sorry for being a nuisance xD I was just scared my work wouldn't count is all :awesome:

Don't worry - I'd be the same in your position :smile:

Yh how did you find Mondays paper

Normally on past papers I don't really drop that many marks, but on this I dropped 15 despite thinking that it was alright - I hated the last question and I messed up the cyclic quad that I thought was easy! :rolleyes: What about you, what are you aiming for?
(edited 9 years ago)
Is equilibrium the same as dynamic equilibrium I don't understand does the harber process reach eaquilibrium but not dynamic equilibrium ??

Equilibrium is more general though, as in it justrefers to balance and in chemical reactions this balance is constantly changing(chemiclas swithing between reactant and product), the habor process is reversible but never reaches equilibrium(reversible reactions are able to meet dynamic equilibrium but don't always) and i thinl you'd get a lower yeild(like half) if it reached dynamic equilibrium
Original post by Sulfur
Don't worry - I'd be the same in your position :smile:

Normally on past papers I don't really drop that many marks, but on this I dropped 15 despite thinking that it was alright - I hated the last question and I messed up the cyclic quad that I thought was easy! :rolleyes: What about you, what are you aiming for?

I know I got atleast 50 most 59 but an A* atleast I hope Im much better at calculator I tend to make silly mistakes on non and I couldn't do the last 2 questions I tried
Reply 2274
I know I got atleast 50 most 59 but an A* atleast I hope Im much better at calculator I tend to make silly mistakes on non and I couldn't do the last 2 questions I tried

The trigonometric one seemed difficult, but when in doubt - factorise! It was alright after that stage, but still tricky overall. I like the non-calc better than calculator, but I'm gonna have to try and get 95/105 on this one which'll be very very difficult.
Reply 2275
Does anyone find some of this C7 really irrelevant? Such as the stages to introduce a new chemical process, how ethanol is produced and these quantitative analysis pages?
Original post by Sulfur
The trigonometric one seemed difficult, but when in doubt - factorise! It was alright after that stage, but still tricky overall. I like the non-calc better than calculator, but I'm gonna have to try and get 95/105 on this one which'll be very very difficult.

I only need like 60 or 70 for my A* good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sulfur
Does anyone find some of this C7 really irrelevant? Such as the stages to introduce a new chemical process, how ethanol is produced and these quantitative analysis pages?

Yeah a lot of it follows from core and additional chemistry they always have pointless pages

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what grade 44/60 would be on the specimen paper?
Reply 2279
Original post by Amyjonesx
Does anyone know what grade 44/60 would be on the specimen paper?

Specimen paper was really difficult and harder than the June 2013, since there's no grade boundaries I'd definitely say an A*.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending