The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Rosol doing the tennis equivalent of Bruce Grobbelaar to break in that first set. :eek:

Original post by TheMagicRat
I can neither confirm nor deny.

:wink:
Omg its happening again. Set and a break up.
Brokeback mountain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1403
Gasquet taken to 5 sets again, by another nobody (though this time, a good one). He seems to be struggling mentally...
McEnroe is trying to argue in the commentary box that Nadal should not be penalised for time violations because he attracts a lot of spectators to tennis :laugh: I swear to God this imbecile must have been dropped on his head as a baby.
Reply 1405
Original post by Ashnard
McEnroe is trying to argue in the commentary box that Nadal should not be penalised for time violations because he attracts a lot of spectators to tennis :laugh: I swear to God this imbecile must have been dropped on his head as a baby.

Keep hating hater:wink:
Reply 1406
Gasquet out, after 9 match point chances :colonhash:
Yes, I suspected the matches would unfold as they have done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ashnard

McEnroe is a Nadal fanboy. Any player regardless of their rankings and fame should be penalised when they break the rules.
Roger Federer 44 winners, 5 unforced errors - seriously?! Wow.

Loved Rafa's revenge. Victory earlier today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Djokovic has injured his shoulder.
Hewitt comes from 2 sets down and takes Jancowicz to a 5th.
Dolgopolov is way more talented than Grigor.

I was hoping for a Federer vs Hewitt match in the 4th round but as always Hewitt disappoints.
Reply 1413
Come Dolgopolov! into a 5th set on Court 1!
Reply 1414
Cilic takes out Berdych in straight sets. Dem aces doe...
Was at Wimbledon the past two days - saw both Nadal and Federer on the same day on centre court (also saw Heather Watson's match), and was lucky enough to get reserved tickets on the day (not resale) for court 2 yesterday, which had the terrific Janowicz-Hewitt match on. The support for Hewitt was incredible - virtually everyone of the crowd were supporting Rusty. Also saw Simona Halep in a good match against Tsurenko.

Hopefully today is more of a breeze than the last two matches for Rafa. Kukushkin has started well but Rafa's already looking a lot sharper off the return.
(edited 9 years ago)
Wow, how did Rafa lose that set?! Kukushkin has played well so far but he can't keep this level up. Rafa in 4
Really surprised he won it considering how dominant Rafa was on serve. Stiil expect him to find another gear to win the next 3 sets.
Just knew that Kukushkin would get broken after Nadal fluked that return winner when Kukushkin was serving for the game at 40-30. Was expecting Nadal to "come back" eventually but that slice of luck pre-empted it.

Edit: Eight games later and Nadal has won all of the games since then. Talk about a momentum change...
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm sick of seeing all these opponents choke against Nadal. He is pretty beatable but all of his opponents so far seem to choke after winning the first set. I absolutely hate this.

Quick Reply

Latest