The Student Room Group

Magaluf girl was born-again Christian!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MostUncivilised
Nonsense. I am one of the most open-minded people I know. I am fairly open-minded about promiscuity, recreational drug use, homosexuality (as long as all three are done safely), and so on.

But I am perfectly entitled to say that sucking off 24 guys in a public bar is incredibly stupid thing to do, and selfish given she could have passed around STDs. I am entitled to say, I wouldn't want a girl like that to go out with my son if I had one.

Religion is like an open door, you only need to press and it swings wide open. Religion is so ridiculous I don't need to try very hard; putatively celibate priests raping little boys and then having the gall to say that they are in a position to lecture other people about their sexuality, telling people condoms are bad but AIDS is worse, telling us that the earth is 4,000 years old and despite God's mandate for genocide and slavery in the old testament, he is actually a really good guy.

Oh and their condemnation of anyone who isn't heterosexual. And their depiction of women as being fundamentally inferior to men. Should I stop now or keep going?

In The Guardian yesterday. And I think you are trying to have a bet both ways. Are you, or are you not, saying what she did is a valid expression of female sexuality? Essentially, is it okay"? If you were doing sex ed for girls in their first year of secondary school, would you tell them this is acceptable behaviour?

Oh my God. Uncivilised, you are so up your own arse :tongue:

You really are not open minded, because you are only accepting of things that you personally don't have a problem with, recreational drug use etc. When it comes to things that you don't personally agree with, you are incredibly closed minded! Feminism, and religion. You are incredibly scathing of those because you personally don't agree with them. That's not open minded, if you were open minded you'd be accepting of other peoples beliefs....
Original post by TolerantBeing

You really are not open minded, because you are only accepting of things that you personally don't have a problem with, recreational drug use etc. When it comes to things that you don't personally agree with, you are incredibly closed minded! Feminism, and religion. You are incredibly scathing of those because you personally don't agree with them. That's not open minded, if you were open minded you'd be accepting of other peoples beliefs....

You are really not smart are you?

He isn't close-minded at all about religion, he explained in detail of why he doesn't like it. The only one being close-minded is you, by totally ignoring all his points and saying basically "oh, he doesn't like it, he must be close-minded".

Oh and "open minded = accept others' beliefs"? So we should accept the beliefs of terrorists, or pedophiles and other scum? Not to mention that "accept" doesn't have to mean "don't criticize". What a preposterous notion.
Original post by paradoxicalme
I am not saying the girl is blameless, I am saying that comment on this is overwhelmingly targeted towards the girl and it should be more balanced. I wasn't insinuating anything about the 'evil men', and I know full well that some of the men were clearly under a lot of pressure, in which case the mates goading them on should shoulder some of the blame. There is the undisputed fact, however, that there were 24 guys and 1 girl, which makes it highly suspect that she should be considered the sole sexual aggressor.

As for sexual assault, I'm not going to comment on that, simply because I don't think it's wise to try and judge something like that from grainy video footage. Although I do agree that if it was a guy assault charges would be more likely.

They mostly had their dicks out already for her...how anyone can even talk about sexual assault on her part is ridiculous.
Original post by SarcasticMel
You are really not smart are you?

He isn't close-minded at all about religion, he explained in detail of why he doesn't like it. The only one being close-minded is you, by totally ignoring all his points and saying basically "oh, he doesn't like it, he must be close-minded".

Oh and "open minded = accept others' beliefs"? So we should accept the beliefs of terrorists, or pedophiles and other scum? Not to mention that "accept" doesn't have to mean "don't criticize". What a preposterous notion.

Did you really just say that? You just sound pathetic.

Firstly, well done for associating feminism, and religion with terrorism and pedophilia. You've basically just called them scum.

Secondly, if you think this is a perfectly reasonable, and considerate explanation of why an individual doesn't like religion, then I honestly don't know what to say-

Religion is so ridiculous I don't need to try very hard; putatively celibate priests raping little boys and then having the gall to say that they are in a position to lecture other people about their sexuality"

Because I really see that and think to myself 'oh what well reasoned views, obviously a reflection of an open minded and rational though process'.

I think it's you who is the one without intelligence, because you seemingly don't even know what open mindedness is. Well I for one am not going to waste time educating the ignorant.
Good luck finding a job, slut. Too bad the video doesn't show the guys' faces, they'd deserve shaming, too. Oh and why the **** would any guy hold his dick there though, literally being sucked off by someone who just had a dozen other dicks in her mouth...would be so funny if one of the first guys had herpes or something.

:lolwut:

People wake up, this happens, and worse. Has for years, and most likely always will. If you don't like it then that's fair enough, but I honestly don't see why it's any of your business. People do **** things, you weren't aware of that? I honestly don't see why this is so shocking.

One of the most talked about women in the media became famous due to a sex tape. Why is any of this a shock?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by trustmeimlying1
youre getting in dangerous territory there man...
as ive explained before..many in ni believe themselves to be british
just like many believe themselves to be irish even tho theyre technically not in ireland

besides whats the dfifference between UK citizen and british or even irish!!!

it was still one of us..not that she did anything majorly wrong

god wouldnt wana hang around with yee guys anytime soon

I should add in here that I'm actually from Northern Ireland, so I'm better acquainted than you might think.
she sure loved being on her knees brah

I think the right honourable gentleman has a point.
Original post by That Bearded Man
I should add in here that I'm actually from Northern Ireland, so I'm better acquainted than you might think.

doesnt make a difference...

some northern irish consider themselves irish
as some northern irish consider themselves british

besides the difference between UK citizen british citizen and irish citizen is minimal

if it can happen to one gurl...it can happen to them all
Did you really just say that? You just sound pathetic.

Firstly, well done for associating religion with terrorism and pedophilia. You've basically just called them scum.

You do realize most modern day terrorists are of religious nature? And that the Church is known for pedophilia? So yea, I really ****ing said that. And you should ask yourself some serious questions if you can't see that for yourself. Some very serious questions.

I am sorry but I can't argue with someone who make such a kind of argument. It's pointless, like talking to a wall.

ps just fyi, for someone calling themselves tolerant, you are incredibly intolerant. Not only of people who don't hold your world views, but in general, you ignore facts to suit your own opinion. Kind of fail username tbh.
(edited 9 years ago)
I would say her religion probably had a huge influence. Magaluf is a place where the British do things they don't back home. The whole magaluf culture is designed around this. Because those who aren't religious still get up to a lot of sex in Britain anyway they won't go to this extreme.
doesnt make a difference...

some northern irish consider themselves irish
as some northern irish consider themselves british

besides the difference between UK citizen british citizen and irish citizen is minimal

if it can happen to one gurl...it can happen to them all

No, Northern Irish people can possess either a UK or an Irish passport.

Irish citizenship and UK citizenship makes little difference in NI, but if you wanted to move down South/across the water then it might.
Original post by That Bearded Man
No, Northern Irish people can possess either a UK or an Irish passport.

Irish citizenship and UK citizenship makes little difference in NI, but if you wanted to move down South/across the water then it might.
im aware kiddo
again many consider themselves british in ni....

and cheers for ignoring my what difference it makes in terms of this context

look im not gonna argue with yeh
I dont appreciate the fact you feel the need to think so much of people who dont do much harm to others
anways take it easy kid and have a nice day

theres hope for society yet!:P
im aware kiddo
again many consider themselves british in ni....

and cheers for ignoring my what difference it makes in terms of this context

look im not gonna argue with yeh
I dont appreciate the fact you feel the need to think so much of people who dont do much harm to others
anways take it easy kid and have a nice day

Umm, okay, you too.
Man, she is going to feel more awful about this than most people.
You do realize most modern day terrorists are of religious nature? And that the Church is known for pedophilia? So yea, I really ****ing said that. And you should ask yourself some serious questions if you can't see that for yourself. Some very serious questions.

I am sorry but I can't argue with someone who make such a kind of argument. It's pointless, like talking to a wall.

ps just fyi, for someone calling themselves tolerant, you are incredibly intolerant. Not only of people who don't hold your world views, but in general, you ignore facts to suit your own opinion. Kind of fail username tbh.

Thing is, you are seemingly really young. So I probably am wasting my time.

Yes, a minority of religious people are terrorists, and a minority are sex offenders. But if you choose to use that to judge a mass of individuals on the basis of their beliefs, then be my guest. A lot of other people do too. Just bare in mind that that is prejudice at it's finest, and the complete opposite of what an open mind entails.

It's like talking to a wall because you're too ignorant. It will always be pointless.

And funnily enough, my username was meant to be ironic. But I've recently found that I probably am more tolerant than I thought, because when I read this article I honestly did not give a ****. I did not judge the girl, make up stupid, unfounded explanations despite knowing absolutely nothing of the girl like many others have, and I did not call her a slut, like you have. I didn't judge.

You did though.

I tell you where my intolerance does lie though, is with people like yourself. I honestly wouldn't feel bad about giving you a short smack around the head to knock you down a peg or two.

Kind of not serious but sort of am.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MostUncivilised
Also, the girl was Irish so people can stop with the "Is this British values?"

Northern Irish, which is British.
Wow she's hot!
Original post by paradoxicalme
I am not saying the girl is blameless, I am saying that comment on this is overwhelmingly targeted towards the girl and it should be more balanced. I wasn't insinuating anything about the 'evil men', and I know full well that some of the men were clearly under a lot of pressure, in which case the mates goading them on should shoulder some of the blame. There is the undisputed fact, however, that there were 24 guys and 1 girl, which makes it highly suspect that she should be considered the sole sexual aggressor.

As for sexual assault, I'm not going to comment on that, simply because I don't think it's wise to try and judge something like that from grainy video footage. Although I do agree that if it was a guy assault charges would be more likely.

Well, when you put it like that, I'm more in agreement with you than in disagreement.

I don't really think anyone should be getting 'blamed'. As I said before, this shouldn't even be news; and I feel very sorry for the girl that one incident at 18 will probably stay with her for a long time to come. Rather than 'blame the men also', I don't think anyone should be on the firing line. Plenty of otherwise respectable people go off to these places and do stupid things; the only reason the girl is suffering the consequences here is because she was unfortunate and/or dumb enough to get it, and her face, caught on camera.

My problem in particular with people's comments were from those who were trying to portray the incident as 'poor vulnerable drunk girl molested by 24 men', when it's clearly nothing of the sort. I feel that some people (not you) really struggle with the idea that a woman can make a non-puritanical decision of her own free will. Frankly if those people ever decide to go to a party island, I think they'd be in for a rude awakening on that front. :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending