The Student Room Group

Were your results what you expected?

Whether it be your AS or A2 results (or even GCSEs), how did your actual results compare to what you felt you would get after your exams?

I tend to be negative and think I've done a lot worse than I have, but there have been occasions when I think I've done fine and I haven't done as well as I had hoped :colondollar:. With results day coming up soon, I guess I'm hoping for a few miracle stories as I'm certainly not hopeful :tongue:

Edit: personally, I was hoping for 7A*s, 2As and 2Bs for GCSE, and ended up with 4A*s, 5As and 2Bs :laugh:

AS I was expecting CCDU and got AABE (at least I was close with the E :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Got pretty much what I expected at GCSE.

Expected AAABB/AAAAB at AS but got AAAAA which I was very pleased with!

As for A2s, as long as I get A*AA+ I'll be happy... :redface:
My GCSEs were quite a bit better than I expected. My AS's were around what I expected and my A2's were slightly worse than I'd hoped/anticipated for. Still allowed me to scrape into my firm uni choice though.

Just finished my first year of Uni... after my last exam I wrote down a ballpark estimate of how I did. That estimate was about 1% off what I actually got. So in fact, I was surprised, but not by the results themselves, but by the accuracy of my own estimate :tongue:
Reply 3
My GCSEs were a bit better than expected, I hope my AS results will be better than expected too, but I'm trying to be realistic.
Original post by Bulbasaur
My GCSEs were quite a bit better than I expected. My AS's were around what I expected and my A2's were slightly worse than I'd hoped/anticipated for. Still allowed me to scrape into my firm uni choice though.

Just finished my first year of Uni... after my last exam I wrote down a ballpark estimate of how I did. That estimate was about 1% off what I actually got. So in fact, I was surprised, but not by the results themselves, but by the accuracy of my own estimate :tongue:

That's what I'm worrying about :tongue: but I'm glad you still got into your firm :biggrin:

And haha that's very impressive indeed :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSEs: about what I expected but my English grades were A*s rather than As. 8A*, 2A, B
AS: about right again, thought my UMS would be a bit higher. AAAA
A2: bit annoyed with Physics but other than that happy A*A*AA(EPQ)

First year Uni: shocked at a solid first (77%)
I'll have to add to this after AS...

GCSEs: Was expecting around 12 A*s and 4 As... Didn't get that at all :lol: was more 8,6,1,1
Reply 7
Aha if my results are what I expect them to be, I am moving to Bolivia, growing a beard, and changing my name to Carlos. No way am I sticking around after results day.
at AS was expecting AAAA but got BCDU .... sad times, sad sad times
Reply 9
GCSEs, expected better in a couple of subjects I felt I worked really hard at, while others I got better than expected as I messed around quite a bit during classes.

AS, didn't do as well as I hoped, thinking I made a turning-point post-GCSE.

A2, I'm certain I won't make my offer, but my firm uni has a history of being lenient. I won't really care what grades I get as long as they accept me.
Original post by Changing Skies
That's what I'm worrying about :tongue: but I'm glad you still got into your firm :biggrin:

And haha that's very impressive indeed :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll most likely be fine - most unis are lenient with at least one grade. Hell, my friend had an AAB offer from Sheffield, got BBB and was let in without hesitation. I knew Cambridge wouldn't be so generous though, so I was particularly nervous before results day...

Also it appears your back-up is Durham, so you're still doing pretty damn well if you don't manage your firm. Good luck!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bulbasaur
You'll most likely be fine - most unis are lenient with at least one grade. Hell, my friend had an AAB offer from Sheffield, got BBB and was let in without hesitation. I knew Cambridge wouldn't be so generous though, so I was particularly nervous before results day...

Also it appears your back-up is Durham, so you're still doing pretty damn well if you don't manage your firm. Good luck!

True, and my firm isn't a top uni so I should hopefully be okay :smile: oh wow! Eek, no wonder it was so worrying! :tongue:

The sad thing is, though, is that Durham ask for the same grades as my firm :lol: my offers were all the same grades :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My GCSE's were far worse than I expected... 2 Bs, 6 Cs, 1 D and Btec Pass. But I really am confident with my AS exams and I think they've gone well :redface: From my college I'm predicted ACCC, I'm hoping for BBCC/BBCD but I'm predicting them as low as I could possibly have done..? Or at least I hope I am... :frown:
GCSEs were kind of expected. Was expecting 5A*s and 3As and I got 4A*s, 3As and 1B

AS I was expecting AABB and got AAAA so better than expected

Check out TSR Movie Madness
GCSEs were what I expected. A levels were ok but one was lower than expected. Degree was expected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest