The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bethaaaaany
GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?

I was predicted 9.5A*s and 1 A but I'd be over the moon with 8A*s and 2.5As

What are you expecting?

6A*s, 3.5As and 1 B

Will you be satisfied with your expectation?

Not really :frown: I want to do medicine but I'd be pushing it with only 6A*s.

How will you open them?

In school, feeling completely sick with nerves...I'd rather do it at home by myself in case I'm really disappointed but we have to enrol at our sixth form at the same time so I can't hehe.

How will you celebrate / react?

I'll just be incredibly relieved :smile: going to an Imagine Dragons concert the day after and my birthday is the day before so I'll be in a good mood either way:wink:

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?

Definitely. You need 14 points to get back in my sixth form, I have 1A* already which is four points so I'm pretty confident :smile:

OMG I HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY AS YOU!

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSE Results:
Not really :frown: I want to do medicine but I'd be pushing it with only 6A*s.

Ahh another student who has aspirations of doing Medicine, GCSEs aren't heavily looked upon by Universities, its always a bonus to have an A* in Chemistry and Biology. Although if you don't, it won't sabotage your chances of doing the course. What subjects are you planning on pursuing at A level?

P.S
Imagine Dragons are amazing, haha.
In a toilet cubicle which is a reasonable distance away from the hall where results are handed out. I have little expression of emotions about results (never been elated with results as such) but I have a feeling that I will be disappointed. No idea how quickly I will open the envelope but once I am sitting there staring at it, the nerves should get to me
Reply 23
Original post by CaitlinN15
I did the same History, RE, maths and science exam then! Haha. What topics did you do in history? Cause each school is different?

Posted from TSR Mobile

History:
Unit 1 - Peacemaking and the League of Nations
- Hitler's Foreign Policy and the Origins of the Second World War
- The Origins of the Cold War

Unit 2 - Hitler's Germany
- Stalin's Dictatorship
- Weimar Germany

Religious Studies:
Mark's Gospel and Religion and Life
Reply 24
Everyone who's posting seems like a prospective med' student then there's me... go history... :laugh:
Original post by JayJay-C19
History:
Unit 1 - Peacemaking and the League of Nations
- Hitler's Foreign Policy and the Origins of the Second World War
- The Origins of the Cold War

Unit 2 - Hitler's Germany
- Stalin's Dictatorship
- Weimar Germany

Religious Studies:
Mark's Gospel and Religion and Life

I did:
Unit 1 history:
-Causes of world war 1
- Peace making and league of nations
-Hitlers foriegn policy
Unit 2:
Boom in America
Depression and new deal in America
Veitnam

Re: can't really remembee

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not complaining aha, you answered everything, I just never get people who cry over getting a couple of B's but all A's and A*'s beside them B's.

I think B grades are good, but i want Medicine so of course im gonna have to get the majority As
Reply 27
I did:
Unit 1 history:
-Causes of world war 1
- Peace making and league of nations
-Hitlers foriegn policy
Unit 2:
Boom in America
Depression and new deal in America
Veitnam

Re: can't really remembee

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really want to do early and early modern history instead of modern history... it's so political and kind-of boring.
Reply 28
Original post by Angelo12231
I think B grades are good, but i want Medicine so of course im gonna have to get the majority As

Yeah... majority... you said like 2 B's out of numerous A*'s and A's lol...
How will you open them?
In a quiet corner of the school hall (unlikely, it'll probably be far too noisy and packed) or on the school field (which should be empty so I can have alone time)

This definitely depends on the grades... If I've got what I wanted/close I might go on some sort of impromptu outing maybe with friends. If not I will probably go home and cry in my room on TSR for a while... I'm planning on going in on the train so that I'm not too stressed by parents.

I seriously hope so, it will have gone pretty disastrously if I don't.
Reply 30
Original post by Nerdypants98
What I was hoping for before : 7 A*s 3As

What I now expect: 3A*s 6 As 1B

Will I be happy with my expectation: I will be disappointed with the lack of A*s and cry at the B

How I will open them: carefully peel the seal away in a private corner and hope not to go into anaphylactic shock.

How I will react: unless it's somehow all A*s , keep a pretty straight face.

Will I meet my sixthform offer: yeah it's 6 A/A*s

Who is allergic to envelopes?
OMG I HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY AS YOU!

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG TWINS! :biggrin: never met anyone with the same birthday that's so exciting! Though I'll be turning 17, not 16 bc Northern Ireland is weird.

Original post by S.Ahmad
Ahh another student who has aspirations of doing Medicine, GCSEs aren't heavily looked upon by Universities, its always a bonus to have an A* in Chemistry and Biology. Although if you don't, it won't sabotage your chances of doing the course. What subjects are you planning on pursuing at A level?

P.S
Imagine Dragons are amazing, haha.

That's reassuring to hear, thank you :smile: I'm confident about an A* in biology! maybe not chemistry though bc I thought paper 1 was really easy but I missed out an entire 15 marker in paper two (my mistake, accidentally skipped through a page on the spec so didn't revise that part whoops)...not good :wink:
Planning on bio, chemistry, maths & French at AS :smile:

Yay, Imagine Dragons certainly are amazing!

Everyone who's posting seems like a prospective med' student then there's me... go history... :laugh:

I know, I know so many prospective med students in my year group. I do like history though :wink:
Reply 32
OMG TWINS! :biggrin: never met anyone with the same birthday that's so exciting! Though I'll be turning 17, not 16 bc Northern Ireland is weird.

That's reassuring to hear, thank you :smile: I'm confident about an A* in biology! maybe not chemistry though bc I thought paper 1 was really easy but I missed out an entire 15 marker in paper two (my mistake, accidentally skipped through a page on the spec so didn't revise that part whoops)...not good :wink:

I know, I know so many prospective med students in my year group. I do like history though :wink:

woo ;D!
Yeah... majority... you said like 2 B's out of numerous A*'s and A's lol...

lol :3 ummm i wouldnt mind a couple but the thing is that i dont think i got very many A*s :biggrin: maybe 3 but more likely 2 or even 1 ahahaha so i really cant get too many Bs otherwise im screwed
Talking about results.. am I the only one here that has nightmares about opening GCSE results? :frown:
Reply 35
Original post by Angelo12231

I thought I cleared this up with you last month.. :wink:

I KNOW OMG! It must be a awkward day for birth haha :wink: I'm going to be panicking all day me... Well I'm not so sure... I dunnooo... Hahaha.. Woooo buzzing! And I love Imagine Dragons too! Hahah this is strangeeee

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by Toxic_Legends
Talking about results.. am I the only one here that has nightmares about opening GCSE results? :frown:

Maybe we should take you to therapy because that **** don't sound healthy.
Original post by Nerdypants98
What I was hoping for before : 7 A*s 3As

What I now expect: 3A*s 6 As 1B

Will I be happy with my expectation: I will be disappointed with the lack of A*s and cry at the B

How I will open them: carefully peel the seal away in a private corner and hope not to go into anaphylactic shock.

How I will react: unless it's somehow all A*s , keep a pretty straight face.

Will I meet my sixthform offer: yeah it's 6 A/A*s

medicine?
What are you hoping for?
Hoping for 7 A*s, 5As and a B!

What are you expecting?
I'm expecting 6 A*s, 6 As and a B :smile: Hopefully haha I think I did alright in my exams (touch wood)

Will you be satisfied with your expectation?
I'd be over the moon if I get at least 1 A* and the rest As and Bs :biggrin: So I'd be extremely happy if my expectations were correct!

How will you open them?
I've been selected to be possibly filmed whilst opening them by my school but I'd rather go to the changing rooms and open them alone..
If I do well I'd go to parties with friends and out for a meal with my mum and her boyfriend. If I do badly I'd probably go training and release some energy and then sleep..

I need to get 3 Bs and 4 Cs to get into sixth form so I think I'll be fine

Hope everyone gets the grades they want, being on this website the past few months you can see the amount of work everyone has put into these exams so lets hope that translates into great grades :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest