The Student Room Group

Amazing boarding schools in the uk?

Can anyone help me find some? Some that promote creativity and individuality would be best, with it still being a state school meaning I would only have to pay the accomodation. I really, really need some help on this as I have finished my GCSEs, and need to apply somewhere soon! The words you write may change the entire course of my life. Thanks to anyone who replies :smile:
Eton College, they do scholarships.
Are you a boy or girl?
Boy, but I would want to go to nothing other than a mixed school, boys only is not an option....
Original post by invinciblesummer
Boy, but I would want to go to nothing other than a mixed school, boys only is not an option....

Any preference as to where in the UK you'd like to be?
Somewhere remote, idyllic and beautiful, surrounded by nature :wink:
Somewhere remote, idyllic and beautiful, surrounded by nature :wink:

Are you a girl?

Just enter for exams as a private candidate :yep:

Or go Eton/Harrow/Winchester, not srs with first comment.
Reply 7
sorry, maybe it isn't related to the topic of the thread but I'd like to ask if it's better to go to a college specifically for sixth form if I am an international student and what are some good schools that you can recommend
Original post by krizfu
sorry, maybe it isn't related to the topic of the thread but I'd like to ask if it's better to go to a college specifically for sixth form if I am an international student and what are some good schools that you can recommend

I don't think it matters? I went to an independent school for ages 4-18 and we've had international students come in at sixth form.

Gotta be slightly more specific in terms of where? Unless you're willing to go anywhere in the UK haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by itssimplyme
I don't think it matters? I went to an independent school for ages 4-18 and we've had international students come in at sixth form.

Gotta be slightly more specific in terms of where? Unless you're willing to go anywhere in the UK haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have considered going to an independent school but well let's say my cousin had a unpleasant experience when she went in for her sixth form. Most of the students there had been there their whole life and already have their clique of friends and are quite unwilling to make new ones. But then again, she went to a prestigious girl school so I guess maybe that's why. So, what you're saying is, usually international students who just decide to join during the sixth form have no problem adjusting?
Original post by krizfu
I have considered going to an independent school but well let's say my cousin had a unpleasant experience when she went in for her sixth form. Most of the students there had been there their whole life and already have their clique of friends and are quite unwilling to make new ones. But then again, she went to a prestigious girl school so I guess maybe that's why. So, what you're saying is, usually international students who just decide to join during the sixth form have no problem adjusting?

It definitely depends where you go :smile:

From my own experience with girls that have joined my sixth form - no :smile: We had an American come over last year and it's actually really cool haha!
Reply 11
Have you heard of Oundle School?

Sounds like the kind of thing you'd like - in a small village surrounded by fields.
Reply 12
Can anyone help me find some? Some that promote creativity and individuality would be best, with it still being a state school meaning I would only have to pay the accomodation. I really, really need some help on this as I have finished my GCSEs, and need to apply somewhere soon! The words you write may change the entire course of my life. Thanks to anyone who replies :smile:

Oundle school is amazing.. I am told that is..
Reply 13
Original post by itssimplyme
It definitely depends where you go :smile:

From my own experience with girls that have joined my sixth form - no :smile: We had an American come over last year and it's actually really cool haha!

If that's the case, what are some schools that you know of. Preferably not too prestigious but does reasonably well in the rankings and also, if they have a January intake. Not too far but not too near London. With lodging.
Original post by krizfu
If that's the case, what are some schools that you know of. Preferably not too prestigious but does reasonably well in the rankings and also, if they have a January intake. Not too far but not too near London. With lodging.

I reallY am not too sure, maybe create your own thread with all those requirements written in the OP and see what people can tell you? Also maybe give some examples of towns you're happy to move to?

Sorry, I'd be more helpful but I just feel really **** at the moment :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by Kasa
Oundle school is amazing.. I am told that is..

Yeah it's alright :wink:

Sadly, you're far too late to apply. You would have needed to have applied at the end of year 10. You could always apply now to then join in upper sixth, you'll need to check with the individual schools though

Quick Reply

Latest