Scroll to see replies

wrong: step x > bmat
deluded OP
Reply 3
Oh lawd,
Dis gon' be gewd
Original post by dire wolf

Maybe, but including work experience, volunteering and the sheer competition of places for the big 3 would you not argue its harder?
Reply 5

As a dental student, I agree most definitely a maths student from a step uni is probably more academically able than a med/dent/vet student. Although we have to have extensive work experience and volunteering and our interviews are intense in a different way. MMI interviews are the DEVIL
I think these courses require the most preparation all together. All of them require interviews and at least AAA grades. VERY high competition also.
Original post by ando181
Maybe, but including work experience, volunteering and the sheer competition of places for the big 3 would you not argue its harder?

Work experience just means giving some of your time, literally takes no physical or mental effort whatsoever

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

Medicine > all doe. :smug:
Original post by Xotol

any fool with pushy parents can become a doctor
Original post by Xotol

I bet there are a load of vets and dentists who'd argue against that! lol
Reply 11
any every fool with pushy parents can become a doctor

fixed
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
Work experience just means giving some of your time, literally takes no physical or mental effort whatsoever

Posted from TSR Mobile

Relative to any other university course though, it requires more work and preparation.
What a cop out.

Maths wasn't even on the list!
Original post by Clip
fixed

Considering 60% of all medicine & Dentistry applications are unsuccessful, I doubt that.
Original post by Clip
fixed

in what way waz it incorrect?
Reply 16
any fool with pushy parents can become a doctor

I can taste the envy. :proud:
Reply 17
Original post by ando181
Considering 60% of all medicine & Dentistry applications are unsuccessful, I doubt that.

Maybe the other 40% didn't have pushy parents.
Original post by Xotol
I can taste the envy. :proud:

TBH 21k starting salary for a 5 year degree and working insane hours for years after medical school doesn't really seem like something people should envy
Original post by Clip
Maybe the other 40% didn't have pushy parents.

I find its the ones who don't actually have a passion for the subject and are going into medicine/dentistry for the status and salary dont get through interview stage and often dont get the grades

Quick Reply

Latest