The Student Room Group

clearing for uni

is there clearing for medicine?
Original post by Chickenunicorn17
is there clearing for medicine

There may be but I am not entirely sure since many medical schools having waiting lists for their applicants and they may undergo clearing using that.

Even if there is clearing for medicine, I'm sure there would only be very few seats.
Reply 2
A very small number of Unis will enter Med in early Clearing from July for those who already have their results - ie. A levels from last year - and it will be for handful of places

It is exceptionally rare for any Med courses to be open in August Clearing because of the need to interview/MMIs etc. As above, Unis will have waiting lists of those who they have already interviewed and who just missed the cut for an offer and are not holding a Med offer anywhere else - they will be the ones who will get a phone call on Results Day morning if there any spaces.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by McGinger
A very small number of Unis will enter Med in early Clearing from July for those who already have their results - ie. A levels from last year - and it will be for handful of places

It is exceptionally rare for any Med courses to be open in August Clearing because of the need to interview/MMIs etc. As above, Unis will have waiting lists of those who they have already interviewed and who just missed the cut for an offer and are not holding a Med offer anywhere else - they will be the ones who will get a phone call on Results Day morning if there any spaces.

thank u, u just confirmed what i was thinking
Yes, there are sometimes a handful of places. There is no guarantee though, and they tend to get snapped up very quickly. Don't plan on there being medicine courses in clearing (also note, you will need to have taken all the relevant admissions tests already in line with the October deadline from 2022) but if you applied to medicine this year and got no offers it's worth making sure you get up early on results day to immediately ring any that you see in the first 10 minutes of the phone lines opening!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending