The Student Room Group

Who is your favourite Poet?

Scroll to see replies

William Blake

220px-William_Blake_by_Thomas_Phillips.jpg
Gerald Manley Hopkins:

'Sweet fire the sire of muse, my soul needs this/I need the one rapture of an inspiration/O then if in my lagging lines you miss/The roll, the rise, the carol, the creation/My winter world, that scarcely breathes that bliss/Now yields you, with some sighs, our explanation.'

:love:
Original post by ChopinNocturne
This. This this this.

I love Hardy poems but then I had Tess as one of my AS set works this year and it's completely put me off Hardy! Horrible book...

Hatred for Tess upsets me. :sigh:

Interested to see that nobody else said Hopkins...:holmes:
Original post by KingMessi
Hatred for Tess upsets me. :sigh:

Interested to see that nobody else said Hopkins...:holmes:

Same! Tess is my favourite book ever! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a T.S Eliot fan. Although I've recently come to enjoy Ted Hughes after studying him in my AS class; I did feel a great deal of sympathy for Sylvia Plath.
I don't read much poetry, but I do like Robert Burns.
Original post by Rahul.S
does Devlin count....his poems are scriptures!

braaah dunno. godly describes that man...got more greys than ur dad still
Original post by newblood
braaah dunno. godly describes that man...got more greys than ur dad still

your a dead man if i see you, if you think I'm joking, come down Illy
Original post by Rahul.S
your a dead man if i see you, if you think I'm joking, come down Illy

looool ima dead man cuz i rte devlin. bruv i been on devlin since primary skl days. be careful... i rep wit sn1
looool ima dead man cuz i rte devlin. bruv i been on devlin since primary skl days. be careful... i rep wit sn1

we will see who's real init, if I see you, its gonna be a shotgun ting! You know where to find me IG1 and CB2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJuxxhBECWo
Original post by Rahul.S
we will see who's real init, if I see you, its gonna be a shotgun ting! You know where to find me IG1 and CB2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJuxxhBECWo

ur on the student room and go to cambridge. u aint no real g and thats swer
ur on the student room and go to cambridge. u aint no real g and thats swer

I'm back on TSR almost a year and half later as I keep getting pm's, what does tsr and cambridge got to do with anything about being a real g?

If I see you we will see who is real, nuff said. If your gonna reply, do it in person as this is getting boring.
Reply 152
Percy Shelly. The original non-comformist :cool:

Perhaps Lord Byron.. I haven't read his poetry but he kept a bear as a pet during his University days which instantly makes me like him.
Original post by Rahul.S
I'm back on TSR almost a year and half later as I keep getting pm's, what does tsr and cambridge got to do with anything about being a real g?

If I see you we will see who is real, nuff said. If your gonna reply, do it in person as this is getting boring.

Sorry to bore you fam...go play some video games in the hood yeah.

Lol spending your days on tsr says that you aren't a real g for wham. I never said i was either because im far from.

But i am not a rudeboy trying to act like a trueboy. If thats what you want, it will end in the streets. Youve been sent for
Sorry to bore you fam...go play some video games in the hood yeah.

Lol spending your days on tsr says that you aren't a real g for wham. I never said i was either because im far from.

But i am not a rudeboy trying to act like a trueboy. If thats what you want, it will end in the streets. Youve been sent for

you quoted me on something that was 2 years old SNM

Days on tsr? I don't need to justify the little time I spend on this site. Sent for? LOL you call that a send? At no point did I say I'm some g or rudeboy etc. All I'm saying I will bury you when I see you, end of. Don't quote me again unless you actually plan to meet me in the streets.
Reply 155
- John Donne
- Wilfred Owen
- Sylvia Plath
- William Blake
- John Milton
- Oscar Wilde
Chinua Achebe,and the guy who wrote Tyger,William Blake?
Not the biggest reader of poetry, but i suppose Lord Byron.
Original post by itsRochana
Chinua Achebe,and the guy who wrote Tyger,William Blake?

The same guy who wrote Things Fall Apart?

That book was a good read.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending