The Student Room Group

My eyebrow hair is REALLY thick, can I use body wax strips on them instead of facial?

I know that body wax strips are designed for legs because the hair is thicker there and facial wax strips are for thinner hair, my eyebrow hair is really thick and coarse so would it be ok using body wax strips on them?
I wouldn't suggest it, the skin on your face is a lot more delicate (that's why they're designed differently).
As Ice_Queen says, it's about your skin, not the hair. I'd suggest doing some serious plucking instead, no matter how much of a task it seems to be. This will mean that not all of the hairs will grow back at once, as you can pluck odd hairs in stages, so you won't have a dark patch where hairs are growing back but too short to wax yet.

And also, I'm not too sure about your analysis that hair is thicker on the legs than the brows. I'd say it's the other way around for me! My leg hairs are really fine.
Reply 3
I'm pretty sure that eyebrow hair is thicker than leg hair- the difference in wax strips is to do with your skin, as your face is a lot more delicate than the rest of your body. Have you considered getting your eyebrows threaded?
Reply 4
Original post by syrettd
I'm pretty sure that eyebrow hair is thicker than leg hair- the difference in wax strips is to do with your skin, as your face is a lot more delicate than the rest of your body. Have you considered getting your eyebrows threaded?

Threading the hair makes it come back much quicker than waxing it.
I do this... I just cut them so they're smaller. I have never had any effects from it, and I have really sensitive skin. Maybe try a tiny bit first to make sure you don't get an allergic reaction or something
Reply 6
Original post by tilly789
Threading the hair makes it come back much quicker than waxing it.

Really? I swapped to threading because it seems to last longer than waxing (I naturally have the thickest eyebrows I've ever seen on a girl in my life), and everything I can find online suggest the same- just had a quick Google search. They both remove hair from the root.
Reply 7
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I do this... I just cut them so they're smaller. I have never had any effects from it, and I have really sensitive skin. Maybe try a tiny bit first to make sure you don't get an allergic reaction or something

Do you use body strips because you can get much more usage as they're bigger or because they are simply better at getting out the hair?
Original post by tilly789
Do you use body strips because you can get much more usage as they're bigger or because they are simply better at getting out the hair?

Just because I've had the box for ages, you definitely get more for your money. They don't seem much different when it comes to getting the hair out tbh
Reply 9
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Just because I've had the box for ages, you definitely get more for your money. They don't seem much different when it comes to getting the hair out tbh

No difference at all? Would you prefer body strips for facial though when it comes to the actual removal, value for money aside?
Thick eyebrows are great! If I were you, I would consider threading or plucking Just because you'd have more control over what you'd want it to look like, even though it will grow quicker, from experience plucked/threaded brows USA better choice.

Quick Reply

Latest