The Student Room Group

I'm a Bengali girl (plus uni dropout/Xbox gamer) - ask me anything!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AbdulKoyes
Get with the times love :wink: Ditch the Xbox and get a PS3/4

Pffft, Xbox 360 and PS3's are around the same time! Get lost. :wink:
Might get an Xbox One though purely for the AC: Unity, Arkham Knight and the Tomb Raider sequel. :colondollar:
Original post by Mochassassin
Pffft, Xbox 360 and PS3's are around the same time! Get lost. :wink:
Might get an Xbox One though purely for the AC: Unity, Arkham Knight and the Tomb Raider sequel. :colondollar:

AC: Unity looks like a game worthy of splashing the cash for. Hopefully it has less 'modern day' sequences and more history!
Original post by AbdulKoyes
AC: Unity looks like a game worthy of splashing the cash for. Hopefully it has less 'modern day' sequences and more history!

YES! One can only hope! :tongue:
Original post by Binary Freak
How is Tomb Raider?

I haven't touched that game since people started to jump shot online.

The reboot is fantastic! I know old-school Lara Croft fans were a little disappointed at the lack of tomb-raiding in the game (as was I) but the survival adventure and the combat definitely made up for it! You really get to grips with Lara's emotions and how she turned into the badass explorer we all know. The locations are beautiful too - very dark and gritty. And once you have the bow and arrow, you pretty much want to dismiss rifles and shotguns. The multiplayer is a little weak but I personally love it!

Which platform do you game on? :tongue:
The reboot is fantastic! I know old-school Lara Croft fans were a little disappointed at the lack of tomb-raiding in the game (as was I) but the survival adventure and the combat definitely made up for it! You really get to grips with Lara's emotions and how she turned into the badass explorer we all know. The locations are beautiful too - very dark and gritty. And once you have the bow and arrow, you pretty much want to dismiss rifles and shotguns. The multiplayer is a little weak but I personally love it!

Which platform do you game on? :tongue:

Ahh the campaign is absolutely amazing, no doubt about it. I'm going to probably start my third play to get all the remaining SP related achievements. Loved using the bow, that made the game so much better for me.

I play 360 :biggrin:
Ahh the campaign is absolutely amazing, no doubt about it. I'm going to probably start my third play to get all the remaining SP related achievements. Loved using the bow, that made the game so much better for me.

I play 360 :biggrin:

Oh my, you've played it already?! And here I am advertising the game as if you haven't played it! Haha.
I got all the SP achievements! :colondollar: Probably the only game I've ever been bothered to do everything on! And I've played it three times too. Have you tried it on the hardest setting? It was a snoozefest in terms of difficulty - the normal setting should've been like that!

YAY! Add me ASAP. We need to get a multiplayer game in sometime soon! It's tannyjauditore on there. My Gold membership ends today, but I'll get it again in a few days! :biggrin:
Oh my, you've played it already?! And here I am advertising the game as if you haven't played it! Haha.
I got all the SP achievements! :colondollar: Probably the only game I've ever been bothered to do everything on! And I've played it three times too. Have you tried it on the hardest setting? It was a snoozefest in terms of difficulty - the normal setting should've been like that!

YAY! Add me ASAP. We need to get a multiplayer game in sometime soon! It's tannyjauditore on there. My Gold membership ends today, but I'll get it again in a few days! :biggrin:

Ahah, I've played it on hardest difficult setting. Regardless of the difficulty I found the game easy. I think they should've made it harder, but always did play stealthy so it did help quite a lot.

Yea we should try and try and get in an online lobby sometime, I cannot stand playing multiplayer games alone.

I've also been trying to find other games that I should get in a few months time. Once I have my student finance sorted out I'll probably look at getting a load of games.

I sent you a friend request (Aeqox)
Ahah, I've played it on hardest difficult setting. Regardless of the difficulty I found the game easy. I think they should've made it harder, but always did play stealthy so it did help quite a lot.

Yea we should try and try and get in an online lobby sometime, I cannot stand playing multiplayer games alone.

I've also been trying to find other games that I should get in a few months time. Once I have my student finance sorted out I'll probably look at getting a load of games.

I sent you a friend request (Aeqox)

It was way too easy, agreed! I pretty much know Lara's trailer monologue off by heart - that's how many times I've heard it. :colondollar:

Yes, we should! I'm warning you though, I'm Level 60 on Prestige 3 (you can't go any higher) so I'm guaranteed to kick your ass. :wink:

I've been trying to find similar games and all I've been seeing is the mention of Uncharted everywhere. But that's PS3-exclusive so that's a no. :frown:
Have you played Far Cry? That's very similar to Tomb Raider in terms of survival and having to kill your way through all these baddies to get off an island! :biggrin:
It was way too easy, agreed! I pretty much know Lara's trailer monologue off by heart - that's how many times I've heard it. :colondollar:

Yes, we should! I'm warning you though, I'm Level 60 on Prestige 3 (you can't go any higher) so I'm guaranteed to kick your ass. :wink:

I've been trying to find similar games and all I've been seeing is the mention of Uncharted everywhere. But that's PS3-exclusive so that's a no. :frown:
Have you played Far Cry? That's very similar to Tomb Raider in terms of survival and having to kill your way through all these baddies to get off an island! :biggrin:

Haha, you probably would, but I've never been fussed for getting 'destroyed' on a game. I like the whole getting better part. I learn quite quick so it's fine. If you're one of those extreme jumpshotters then you can forget about me getting a kill. (unless I'm in a lucky mood)

Regarding Far Cry 3, I actually have that game somewhere in my room. I played it a few times on my old account, but I haven't really played it since. Each time I get set on fire it just makes me want to have a sudden rage fit.
Haha, you probably would, but I've never been fussed for getting 'destroyed' on a game. I like the whole getting better part. I learn quite quick so it's fine. If you're one of those extreme jumpshotters then you can forget about me getting a kill. (unless I'm in a lucky mood)

Regarding Far Cry 3, I actually have that game somewhere in my room. I played it a few times on my old account, but I haven't really played it since. Each time I get set on fire it just makes me want to have a sudden rage fit.

Hey, if you're a quick learner, then it's all good! I do tend to jump a lot but I use the bow and arrow primarily so jumpshots don't actually work close range. :P

Oh! I actually played a bit of it and then gave up. I also raged every time something like that happened, haha. It was frustrating. But the new one looks great! :biggrin:
Hey, if you're a quick learner, then it's all good! I do tend to jump a lot but I use the bow and arrow primarily so jumpshots don't actually work close range. :P

Oh! I actually played a bit of it and then gave up. I also raged every time something like that happened, haha. It was frustrating. But the new one looks great! :biggrin:

Yeah the new game I have intentions on getting it :biggrin:

I loved the online on FC3 since at the time I was playing it most people were crap, so getting a load of kills wasn't difficult.

Other than those two games I only really play GTA (Rank 158), AC:BF, Destiny Beta, and I might play some Halo soon. But I have no intentions of EVER playing Halo online.
YES! One can only hope! :tongue:

Reading the posts below, I seriously recommend Far Cry 2 and 3. I've completed each game a few times on the hardest difficulty and it's a real treat. Far Cry 2 is the more difficult of the two and is all about survival (from treating malaria to having time progress 1:1 so 24 hours ingame is 24 hours IRL). Far Cry 3 is easier but more enjoyable and polished :smile: eitherway, you cannot go wrong with these two games. I'm a massive videogamer so you can tell my enthusiasm from my posts :P Also, I rarely meet a girl gamer, nevermind a Bengali girlgamer :biggrin:
I dropped out because I was pretty stupid for picking a subject my dad drilled into my brain. I thought I liked Law all these years but it wasn't the case. I'm going back though in two months to study something else! Yay! :biggrin:
I was doing International Law.

Besides (being a failure at) job-hunting, I do some volunteering, babysit, get some writing done, rub my uni excitement in everyone's face to piss them off and hide from the sunlight! :colondollar:

What course are you going to do when you go back to Uni?
Arent you sposed to be English
Original post by Aubrey_79
What course are you going to do when you go back to Uni?

English Lit w/ Creative Writing (and minoring in Italian probably). :smile:
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Arent you sposed to be English

What does that even mean, 'Aren't you supposed to be English'? I'm British, but I dunno how I'm supposed to be English if my parents are from Bangladesh. :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest