The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greenladybird
The knowledge that my school know my results right now is terrifying...

They find out on Monday :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DylanJ96
For medicine/dentistry/vet med you need them but not usually for Scotland. I noticed you were thinking of applying to Kings by the way - great choice! I went to a summer school at UCL but we seen Kings and it's an amazing place to study!

UCL's great, it just doesn't do my course! :tongue:

I would love to go to King's! I'm also applying to Bart's and the London, although the campus isn't nearly as nice and it's in quite a rough area - it's a back up. King's is probably a bit out of my reach, but I thought I should apply for a range of places and take a chance :smile:

What made you pick Newcastle, then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So glad I'm not getting higher results this year...I remember how nerve wracking that was! Good luck 5th years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AspiringMedic8
UCL's great, it just doesn't do my course! :tongue:

I would love to go to King's! I'm also applying to Bart's and the London, although the campus isn't nearly as nice and it's in quite a rough area - it's a back up. King's is probably a bit out of my reach, but I thought I should apply for a range of places and take a chance :smile:

What made you pick Newcastle, then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just loved the department and the university in general when I went to visit; it felt so comfortable compared to Edinburgh and Bristol which seemed kind of impersonal. Plus, the department is really high-ranked for my subject. And, of course, the fact that they gave me an unconditional (despite having not sat my three advanced highers yet, which dropped to two straight after I got the unconditional) had something to do with firming them as well. :colondollar:
Original post by Ecasx
Is it sad that no-one thinks I look intelligent? Made a good few bets for 7 A's, for favours including and extending beyond money. Of course, saying I got 5 B's and 2 C's in the prelims helps.

Why would you take bets? Comes across as really arrogant...

Posted from TSR Mobile
They find out on Monday :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I saw one of my teachers and he said that all of them were going into school because the results were released.
Probably different for each school.
Original post by ChrissyH

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because he is really arrogant. Simples.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ewwwwwww private schools are so yucky and snobby and all the ppl there arent actually smart they just somehow pass the exams coz their teachers teach them i mean how unfair is it to actually get taught by a teacher ://///

You are trolling, right?
Original post by Asklepios
Ok then :tongue:

Btw, on an unrelated note, do you think if I get a tutor and go to private schools, that is buying my grades? I was just wondering you see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Duh, of course, because tutors and private schools magically make students intelligent.....
Reply 389
Original post by ChrissyH

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually I'm very modest. There's a difference between arrogance and gloating, compared to confidence. Arrogance would induce reluctance to 'bet' in others anyway, but like I said no-one (from other schools at least) believes me anyway!
Original post by Ecasx
Is it sad that no-one thinks I look intelligent? Made a good few bets for 7 A's, for favours including and extending beyond money. Of course, saying I got 5 B's and 2 C's in the prelims helps.

I cannot see you, thus I do not know if you "look intelligent".
Original post by EatAndRevise
Duh, of course, because tutors and private schools magically make students intelligent.....

u mad bro
Original post by Pennyarcade
u mad bro

Nope I am not haha.
Reply 393
I cannot see you, thus I do not know if you "look intelligent".

For those that have seen me on facebook
Original post by Ecasx
For those that have seen me on facebook

You dont look very intelligent tbh
Reply 395
Original post by Pennyarcade
You dont look very intelligent tbh

Works to my favour

Or do state schools and no tutors magically make students dumb :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ecasx
Works to my favour

What results are you waiting for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 398
I really hope you do get an A in chemistry, otherwise it'll be pretty awkward for you, painful actually. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Below 98% and I'll scrummage £50 for you

Original post by SerLorasTyrell
What results are you waiting for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just National 5 man
Original post by Ecasx

Just National 5 man

Okay cool just checking you weren't doing seven highers hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest