The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Anyone going for the condensed degree programme?

As of 2014, some of the courses will be offered as a fast-track degree, meaning you can get your honours in 3 years instead of 4. I think how it works is that that last two years are done full-time and don't have summer breaks.

I'm interested in going for this and I was wondering if anyone else has thought about it!

My course is the BA Computer Arts :smile:
Original post by Dislike
As of 2014, some of the courses will be offered as a fast-track degree, meaning you can get your honours in 3 years instead of 4. I think how it works is that that last two years are done full-time and don't have summer breaks.

I'm interested in going for this and I was wondering if anyone else has thought about it!

My course is the BA Computer Arts :smile:

Heya, just bumping this thread in the hopes that someone will see it! :smile:
University logo
Abertay University
Reply 2
I'm studying Ethical Hacking this September, I'm going to be signing up for this! Less tution fees, and I can get into information security job market quicker. Why not :smile:?
Reply 3
Original post by JamesIT
I'm studying Ethical Hacking this September, I'm going to be signing up for this! Less tution fees, and I can get into information security job market quicker. Why not :smile:?

Yeah the quickness is what attracted me to it, and doing away with those summer months where you're in stuck in limbo trying to find work that lasts just for the summer!

Although I don't think it's less tuition fees :frown: because fees are worked out not for the length of time but the number of units taken, which would still be the same, just it all happens faster and with no breaks.

I might be joining in 2nd year for mine, would be nice to get the whole uni thing out the way with ASAP :smile:

But my worry is with the condensed degree we don't graduate at the beginning of summer like everyone else, but in the autumn, so our degree shows will be months after the "real" one.

I'm a little worried that it will cause us to miss that time where everyone is getting their graduate jobs :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Dislike
Yeah the quickness is what attracted me to it, and doing away with those summer months where you're in stuck in limbo trying to find work that lasts just for the summer!

Although I don't think it's less tuition fees :frown: because fees are worked out not for the length of time but the number of units taken, which would still be the same, just it all happens faster and with no breaks.

I might be joining in 2nd year for mine, would be nice to get the whole uni thing out the way with ASAP :smile:

But my worry is with the condensed degree we don't graduate at the beginning of summer like everyone else, but in the autumn, so our degree shows will be months after the "real" one.

I'm a little worried that it will cause us to miss that time where everyone is getting their graduate jobs :frown:

Oh I see.. ah well! Atleast its 1 year less which is still good imho. Although having no breaks could be pretty intensive, but I don't mind that will keep the focus on working.

I'm not sure about the graduate jobs, I've emailed abertay with a few questions ect about that.

Are you studying Ethical Hacking also?
Reply 5
I am studying Games applications development and I hope to be doing it. Get out quicker and fees work out as £3000 cheaper for me. £7000 for first year, £9000 for 2nd and 3rd.

http://www.abertay.ac.uk/courses/fees/rukfees/

The Scottish/EU fees are set at £1800/year no matter which way you decide to go.

I am 25 so going back to uni for 3 years and getting out when I am 28 sounds better than finishing any later.

Quick Reply

Latest