The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AspiringMedic8
It's at the point where I'm counting the hours until I'll get my results...

ME TOO :smile:
Good luck for Tuesday everyone! I hope you all do as well as you want to! :awesome:
At this time of the year, I always regret being rude to the postman...
Original post by DylanJ96
At this time of the year, I always regret being rude to the postman...

Didn't sign up to mySQA then? :tongue:
Original post by Ecosse_14
Didn't sign up to mySQA then? :tongue:

No, I decided to be all traditional and get the letter. :tongue:
Original post by DylanJ96
No, I decided to be all traditional and get the letter. :tongue:

I hope your postie comes early then! :h:
Another day successfully killed by staying in bed and doing nothing until 2pm then searching for food and getting a bit of miscellaneous work done :smile:

Only the rest of today and tomorrow to do then I'm ready to stay up refreshing Gmail for at least 3 hours, up to 6 hours :biggrin:
Original post by jackamakka
Another day successfully killed by staying in bed and doing nothing until 2pm then searching for food and getting a bit of miscellaneous work done :smile:

Only the rest of today and tomorrow to do then I'm ready to stay up refreshing Gmail for at least 3 hours, up to 6 hours :biggrin:

Whatever you do dont use 'auto refresh' on Chrome
When I got my results last year I forgot to disable it when I got my email, I opened it while it tried to refresh and my computer froze. I could only see four results for like 5 mins :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1407079794.717288.jpg

Not sure if this Twitter account (sqanews) is actually controlled by the SQA, but they seem to have gotten things a little mixed up. :rolleyes:
Original post by Pennyarcade
Whatever you do dont use 'auto refresh' on Chrome
When I got my results last year I forgot to disable it when I got my email, I opened it while it tried to refresh and my computer froze. I could only see four results for like 5 mins :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That shouldn't be a problem as my computer is so damn slow and jittery anyway I never do anything important like this on it.

That's where my surprisingly reliable little iPhone 4s succeeds
Why are you guys just thinking about it , it's just going to make things go slower, nothing you can do now anyway. I'm oddly not nervous because no pint worrying until you get them lol. Anyway as for me, still been enjoying the last day of commonwealth games !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bromaldehyde
Why are you guys just thinking about it , it's just going to make things go slower, nothing you can do now anyway. I'm oddly not nervous because no pint worrying until you get them lol. Anyway as for me, still been enjoying the last day of commonwealth games !

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thing is I literally feed off school. I just shut down over the holidays because I'm not in school. Yes it's totally sad, but I'm actually looking forward to getting the results regardless of what I get. It might actually help lower peoples expectations of me if I do a little worse than expected, which would be a weight off!
Don't worry about your results guys - I'm sure you've all done really well and it'll be a really nice feeling when you've got them and everything is sorted out.
We'll all be online if you need any help with anything so really try not to worry about it.

Out of interest, are people planning to stay up and wait for them or what? If it was me I wouldn't be able to sleep!
Good luck, you guys! I still get jittery at this time of the year, half expecting to get SQA exam results.

I remember I passed the time by hiding in bed all day and ignoring life - only to get the shock of my life when they sent the text a day early! Heart attack. :ahee:
Original post by laridum
Good luck, you guys! I still get jittery at this time of the year, half expecting to get SQA exam results.

I remember I passed the time by hiding in bed all day and ignoring life - only to get the shock of my life when they sent the text a day early! Heart attack. :ahee:

Haahah, I remember that. Everyone running about worrying in case results were wrong.. :tongue:
Original post by mobbsy91

Out of interest, are people planning to stay up and wait for them or what? If it was me I wouldn't be able to sleep!

I'll be attempting to sleep, I have work shadowing tomorrow until Wednesday :frown:(

I'll have my phone set up to go off for any texts or email notifications so here's hoping they arrive early :L
Original post by mobbsy91
Don't worry about your results guys - I'm sure you've all done really well and it'll be a really nice feeling when you've got them and everything is sorted out.
We'll all be online if you need any help with anything so really try not to worry about it.

Last year I really did try to sleep, I went to bed at 11 and just couldn't get to sleep at all. Then midnight came and I thought "well they'll be here soon". Didn't even feel remotely tired when they came in at like half 3, then completely passed out after I'd read them because I was so relieved I'd actually gotten them haha

This year, I'm just going to stay up again. I've not been sleeping at all well this summer so I'll be up till about 4 anyway...
Can anybody GUESS what the maths and chemistry pass percentage would be ? If they have sat the national 5 exams ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jackamakka
Last year I really did try to sleep, I went to bed at 11 and just couldn't get to sleep at all. Then midnight came and I thought "well they'll be here soon". Didn't even feel remotely tired when they came in at like half 3, then completely passed out after I'd read them because I was so relieved I'd actually gotten them haha

This year, I'm just going to stay up again. I've not been sleeping at all well this summer so I'll be up till about 4 anyway...

You should see a doctor about sleeping - i have insomnia and so know what it's like.

Well, if you need any help when you get them, there'll be a load of us around throughout the night to help out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending