The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mobbsy91
You should see a doctor about sleeping - i have insomnia and so know what it's like.

Well, if you need any help when you get them, there'll be a load of us around throughout the night to help out!

I think it might just be seasonal, it seems to happen every summer that my sleeping pattern completely changes, but fixes itself miraculously just in time for school...

I don't think that I'll be in a major crisis this year, I've still got another year to smooth out any of the bumps before uni, although an unconditional would be nice. But I'm sure there'll be a fair amount of hysteria in the next few days, which you'll all cope with tremendously well as usual :smile:
So guys I sat higher my highers this year and really want 5 a's. I know it sounds selfish but I would see it as a bit of a failure if I didn't get the results I wanted. Before the prelims I was away at a sports competition and therefore off school, nor did I revise- I got a,b,b,b,c in pe, chemistry,English, psychology and maths. What's the chances of me actually getting the 5a's
Original post by mobbsy91
Don't worry about your results guys - I'm sure you've all done really well and it'll be a really nice feeling when you've got them and everything is sorted out.
We'll all be online if you need any help with anything so really try not to worry about it.

Out of interest, are people planning to stay up and wait for them or what? If it was me I wouldn't be able to sleep!

I'll attempt to get a good nights sleep since I have my Ukcat on friday... Hopefully I will resist temptation to stay up
Original post by gymnast007
So guys I sat higher my highers this year and really want 5 a's. I know it sounds selfish but I would see it as a bit of a failure if I didn't get the results I wanted. Before the prelims I was away at a sports competition and therefore off school, nor did I revise- I got a,b,b,b,c in pe, chemistry,English, psychology and maths. What's the chances of me actually getting the 5a's

I think the best thing to do would not worry about it until you get your results. If you did that in your prelims then it is likely your grades will improve.

I hope this is ok :biggrin:
Original post by gymnast007

There are way too many variables for us to be able to tell.
We have no idea how much preparation you did, how you found the exams on the day and your natural academic ability.
Just because you 'want 5 A's' doesn't mean you'll get it :wink:

Original post by JPiddy
Can anybody GUESS what the maths and chemistry pass percentage would be ? If they have sat the national 5 exams ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No-one will be able to, they aren't teachers.
It's legit 2 days, stop stressing about the passmarks.
As a guide, they'd be likely to be about 50%
Original post by Pennyarcade
I'll attempt to get a good nights sleep since I have my Ukcat on friday... Hopefully I will resist temptation to stay up

Definitely don't stay up! Tiredness will wreck you for the UKCAT, such a BS test.

I always much preferred going to bed on results day anyway. My results were there when I woke up. :biggrin:
do the texts start being sent out at 12 or 2? my friend and I are debating it. :biggrin:

Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who's already getting the "I'm so disappointed" speeches. xD
Original post by JPiddy
Can anybody GUESS what the maths and chemistry pass percentage would be ? If they have sat the national 5 exams ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say about 46/47% for both of them. Just a guess though :tongue:
Original post by JPiddy

Posted from TSR Mobile

They were both pretty easy imo but we don't have any past papers to compare them to. Based off the difficulty of int 2 papers I wouldn't say that that they would lower the grade boundaries. It's impossible to know until Tuesday though.
Original post by GoldenAge
do the texts start being sent out at 12 or 2? my friend and I are debating it. :biggrin:

Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who's already getting the "I'm so disappointed" speeches. xD

Looking through last year's thread, people started to get results at around 1.10 am so you're both close :tongue:

I think they start getting sent out around 12am.

My family don't really care too much about my results tbh, my sister is the main one who keeps saying '2 daaayysss' because this is her first year where she's not waiting for any results.
Original post by chopinfan
Looking through last year's thread, people started to get results at around 1.10 am so you're both close :tongue:

awesome, at least we were both wrong this time :P

Original post by greenladybird
I think they start getting sent out around 12am.

My family don't really care too much about my results tbh, my sister is the main one who keeps saying '2 daaayysss' because this is her first year where she's not waiting for any results.

Awesome. My mum's the only one who cares, mostly because she threw her life away at my age. Idk, I learnt my lesson and I tried my hardest so there's nothing I can do now. lol, yeah, I'm the one out of my friends who's been reminding them how long we have left. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dralcon
They were both pretty easy imo but we don't have any past papers to compare them to. Based off the difficulty of int 2 papers I wouldn't say that that they would lower the grade boundaries. It's impossible to know until Tuesday though.

Hey, thanks for making me a bit more nervous. So do you think the maximum that it would be raised would be like 55% ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome. My mum's the only one who cares, mostly because she threw her life away at my age. Idk, I learnt my lesson and I tried my hardest so there's nothing I can do now. lol, yeah, I'm the one out of my friends who's been reminding them how long we have left. :smile:

Yeah, my parents knew I was capable of working hard by myself so they didn't need to 'push' me too much - definitely made it easier!
I was like that a few weeks ago haha, just sending texts to my friends just like '10 days woo!!' ...pretty sure they wanted to punch me :L
Good luck for Tuesday, I'm sure you'll have done well!!
wit??

Sorry lol, I didn't realise someone responded to my question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are way too many variables for us to be able to tell.
We have no idea how much preparation you did, how you found the exams on the day and your natural academic ability.
Just because you 'want 5 A's' doesn't mean you'll get it :wink:

No-one will be able to, they aren't teachers.
It's legit 2 days, stop stressing about the passmarks.
As a guide, they'd be likely to be about 50%

I'm sorry for annoying you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, my parents knew I was capable of working hard by myself so they didn't need to 'push' me too much - definitely made it easier!
I was like that a few weeks ago haha, just sending texts to my friends just like '10 days woo!!' ...pretty sure they wanted to punch me :L
Good luck for Tuesday, I'm sure you'll have done well!!

My mum pushed me a lot so I basically did nothing until easter. I failed two prelims, as well. So that was probably not my wisest decision. :P My friends defo hate me by now, but we're all stressed so it's all cool. :biggrin:

Haha, I hope so. I bombed maths but I think I did okay on the others. What results are you waiting for? :smile:

Original post by JPiddy
Sorry lol, I didn't realise someone responded to my question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

aaaaaah okay :P
How nervous are you guys? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending