The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lisa1996
i sat all the nabs and i sat the exam but its not there :frown:

Can you see the units listed for Chemistry? There's no mention of Chemistry on your cover letter?
i sat all the nabs and i sat the exam but its not there :frown:

If you cannot see it mentioned anywhere then phone up your school. This is most likely an administrative error.
Original post by Airess3
Omg! Aberdeen Uni still accepted me even though I missed their condition by one grade! Super happy right now :biggrin:!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yayy! :biggrin:
That's awesome, well done :woo:
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Can you see the units listed for Chemistry? There's no mention of Chemistry on your cover letter?

the bit under national courses isnt there but the bit under national units is
Is one A and 4 Bs any good for university..?
Original post by Davfrescoo

The entry requirements vary so much, it depends what you want to do and where :yes:
Went in school and got looked at weirdly by the secretary that said there's no one in to discuss results, ugh.
Reply 1867
Original post by RD208
Went to bed at about 2:30 for the sake of my body clock, and it turned out to be a good choice as the email turned up at 04:54.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really?! I woke up for no reason at 05:00... no bad timing XD
the bit under national courses isnt there but the bit under national units is

Yeah, that usually means you've gotten a no award (I got that because I didn't submit myself for the exam in AH Biology), but if you did get no award (i.e. failed the exam), it'd say so on your cover letter!
This is a mystery, think you might have to talk to your school about it. Did you do an investigation for Chemistry?
Original post by Confused!
Went in school and got looked at weirdly by the secretary that said there's no one in to discuss results, ugh.

Oh, that's annoying :/ Did they say anything about when you'd be able to contact them or do you just need to wait until September?
They're saying Thursday so fingers crossed something gets sorted by then!
Met my conditions but Track hasn't updated it yet :frown:

That's the last step, just to see the place officially confirmed :smile:

It's fantastic, mate
Original post by Gingerbread101
The entry requirements vary so much, it depends what you want to do and where :yes:

I've looked at strathclyde and glasgow's business and engineering and minimum entry requirements are all either AABBB or AAABB.. It's really getting me down
Reply 1874
I was predicted BAAB.... I actually got CBBB :/ I already have an unconditional for The University of Edinburgh but I'm still really disappointed to have dropped grades from my prelims >.<

Yes it is! I'm afraid you haven't done well enough for some of the most competitive courses/universities, but you should still have a good selection of courses you would be eligible for with those grades. You need to research the minimum entry requirements and typical offers of courses that interest you.
Original post by AndrewSCO

Phone up your uni ASAP. They'll get it sorted for you - may be they haven't received your results, or they could just be having a slow day. Either way, sooner you get it sorted, the sooner you've got your peace of mind. If you've met your conditions, then you should have your place at uni! :biggrin:
Original post by Confused!
They're saying Thursday so fingers crossed something gets sorted by then!

At least you don't have to wait much longer :smile:
Original post by AndrewSCO

Good for you. Congratulations :smile: Imperial, isn't it?
Original post by Koyo
I was predicted BAAB.... I actually got CBBB :/ I already have an unconditional for The University of Edinburgh but I'm still really disappointed to have dropped grades from my prelims >.<

At least you still have the unconditional :yep:
Don't worry about those grades, they're still really good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending