The Student Room Group

CAN YOU HELP? AS English Language & Literature Induction Task

So I'm picking English Language & Literature (combined) for my A Levels and have been given an 'induction task' to complete before the start of the new term. The trouble is, I'm finding it impossible to complete. Any help?!

We've got to find an advertising campaign - past or present, famous or less well-known - that makes use of a variety of methods of advertising e.g. TV, radio, billboards, sponsorships, internet, film, posters etc.

Have you any ideas of one that I ca
n use?

I can't find one. I've looked all day (obviously not hard enough) and can only find advertising campaigns that make use of one method, and most of the time it's things that have advertised virally or on facebook.

Then we've got to consider the purpose of the campaign and focus on the use of language, visual graphological or phonetic aspects. I'm sure this bit will make more sense once I actually have a campaign to work with but at the minute this seems so difficult!

Any help you can give, whether you're a past or present student of the subject or not, would be greatly appreciated!
Medical/government campaigns tend to be very good at utilising a variety of advertising techniques. Things like the HPV vaccine campaign, organ transplants, blood donation, flu vaccines, things like that. They're often on TV, on the radio, have their own websites and advertise on others and have adverts in target-age magazines as well (I remember the HPV campaign being featured in the teenage girl magazines I used to read at the time). So they might be good ones to use :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by clonedmemories
Medical/government campaigns tend to be very good at utilising a variety of advertising techniques. Things like the HPV vaccine campaign, organ transplants, blood donation, flu vaccines, things like that. They're often on TV, on the radio, have their own websites and advertise on others and have adverts in target-age magazines as well (I remember the HPV campaign being featured in the teenage girl magazines I used to read at the time). So they might be good ones to use :smile:

I hadn't thought of that! Thanks, I'll have a look!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest