The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Flopsi
The careers advisor at my school said that Cambridge offered PPE - maybe she just didn't want me applying to Oxford :tongue:. I'm not 100% on doing a degree in PPE and I'm a very enthusiastic mathematician so I definitely want to do F Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Straight Economics at Cambridge is pretty mathematical (and can be tailored to be highly mathematical, especially after first year) so it's a good choice if you enjoy both maths and economics.
Reply 521
Looking into Economics - particular as I want to milking the investment banking industry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 522
My college has the highest number of students achieving A/A* in Economics and it would definitely fit in with my career intentions. Thanks :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A level.......
.........History, Eng Litt, Maths & Art........
....I'm hoping to study architecture.....
...I don't know about Cambridge University, though I'll stick around for the motivational purposes of the thread if that's okay?
Reply 524
Original post by Spivo1410
I'm taking;

English Literature
History
Geography
Maths
Ancient History

And would love to do English at Cambridge!

Finally! Another hopeful English applicant :biggrin:
Reply 525
Original post by Arketec
A level.......
.........History, Eng Litt, Maths & Art........
....I'm hoping to study architecture.....
...I don't know about Cambridge University, though I'll stick around for the motivational purposes of the thread if that's okay?

Absolutely fine, the more the merrier! Haven't seen you post anywhere in forever :frown:
Taking:

Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Physics

And would like to go to Cambridge to do Maths or Economics or maybe something to do with Chemistry :tongue: Idk yet that is what A-Levels are for!
Taking maths and further maths, geography and economics a level with chemistry as. Wanna take land economy at Cambridge but geography at others. Anyone else in the same situation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gorwell
Absolutely fine, the more the merrier! Haven't seen you post anywhere in forever :frown:

Sorry, I haven't been around for a while. :colondollar:
Reply 529
Original post by Motorbiker
If i was you i'd definitely add in some info about the uni connect service in the OP of the thread.

Tell people there to go post up their info and join in.

You can put GCSEs in when you get the results in a few weeks but can add yourself already.

Done :smile: thanks Motorbike! Made it a bit colourful too. :mmm:
Reply 530
Original post by Arketec
Sorry, I haven't been around for a while. :colondollar:

I gathered :P how has school been for you??
Original post by Gorwell
I gathered :P how has school been for you??

I'm a mature student I left school years ago. Are you still at school then?:biggrin:
Reply 532
Original post by Arketec
I'm a mature student I left school years ago. Are you still at school then?:biggrin:

Ahh I see! :tongue: What inspired you to pursue Architecture? Yep! Starting sixth form in Sept. :biggrin:
Original post by Gorwell
Ahh I see! :tongue: What inspired you to pursue Architecture? Yep! Starting sixth form in Sept. :biggrin:

Cool you're doing similar a levels to me. Good luck with that sixth form. Unfortunately I had to leave school before my GCSE's due to illness.

What inspired me to do architecture well my father was a landscape gardener and I lived in Canterbury near the university so ..... the cathedral inspired me and so did the modernist architecture of the university. Apart from that I just love art and design. As well as a whole bunch of other things.

did you say you'll be applying for English?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 534
Original post by Arketec
Cool you're doing similar a levels to me. Good luck with that sixth form. Unfortunately I had to leave school before my GCSE's due to illness.

Hope you're well now. :smile: Thank you, same to you!
Original post by Gorwell
Hope you're well now. :smile: Thank you, same to you!

I'm kind of ok, I'm over the worst of it..... thanks
Original post by Gorwell
Done :smile: thanks Motorbike! Made it a bit colourful too. :mmm:

I added a line if that's cool. The dates atm are confusing so want to make sure they're picking the right one.
Reply 537
Original post by Motorbiker
I added a line if that's cool. The dates atm are confusing so want to make sure they're picking the right one.

It's cool :smile: thanks!
Original post by rugbybeast
Taking maths and further maths, geography and economics a level with chemistry as. Wanna take land economy at Cambridge but geography at others. Anyone else in the same situation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am taking the same A levels as you but i'll be applying for Economics
Original post by Gorwell
It's cool :smile: thanks!

Cambridge is "winning" atm. :teehee: 42 connections over 37 for Oxford.

I'll put it down to L'evil Fish helping promote it but with this thread up already as well so guys could take a giant lead.

Also, Remember to put up all 5 of your options not just Cambridge. :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending