The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by vickie89uk
What are the GCSE requirements for southampton then?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

7 gcse's at grade A or higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes im aware of this one second i was on the bm6 for southampton thread then the next i was here i thought you were asking about getting into medical school as i said below my post ignore my post. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, that's fine :smile:
Original post by em.d_4
7 gcse's at grade A or higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Colleges where i live dont do part time adult gcse across 7 subjects. Only english math and science
Like if i do english will that count as 1 GCSE or 2
Same with science and maths

Results arent through yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Colleges where i live dont do part time adult gcse across 7 subjects. Only english math and science
Like if i do english will that count as 1 GCSE or 2
Same with science and maths

Results arent through yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

English lit is 1, English lang 1, double award science is 2, separate sciences is 3, maths is 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em.d_4
English lit is 1, English lang 1, double award science is 2, separate sciences is 3, maths is 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only had the option for single science which consists of all 3 sciences but not sure which this falls into?! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
I only had the option for single science which consists of all 3 sciences but not sure which this falls into?! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didnt actually know single science was allowed but I suppose I does make sense. Out school only allow double or triple

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em.d_4
I didnt actually know single science was allowed but I suppose I does make sense. Out school only allow double or triple

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nowhere in 90 miles of me does applied science or double science. Nor can you take the three science singularly. Surely science is just science. I dont know what i meant to do about that. As i am an adult.

:smile: your secondary school or med school you applied to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68

I really dont know much.about it as I did separate sciences so havent had to research that sort of thing sorry. I'd just email the uni if in doubt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em.d_4
I really dont know much.about it as I did separate sciences so havent had to research that sort of thing sorry. I'd just email the uni if in doubt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok thanks im sure itll be fine. Hopefully theyll understand a human being cant travel 6 hours to a college everyday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
From my experience (and the requirements online) if unis do want science they want it to at least double.

But I've also learned that old people seem to get a free pass with a lot of unis when it comes to GCSEs. Of the 5 odd on my short list only two want anything more than B in English and maths.

I've had to self teach and sit IGCSEs in each science because NOWHERE does GCSEs at all other than maths and English - the two I don't need.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stanley Winchest
From my experience (and the requirements online) if unis do want science they want it to at least double.

But I've also learned that old people seem to get a free pass with a lot of unis when it comes to GCSEs. Of the 5 odd on my short list only two want anything more than B in English and maths.

I've had to self teach and sit IGCSEs in each science because NOWHERE does GCSEs at all other than maths and English - the two I don't need.

Theres no possibility in the world i can do double it contain biology chemistry and physics but its not classified as double im not sure if thats just laziness

Posted from TSR Mobile
Theres no possibility in the world i can do double it contain biology chemistry and physics but its not classified as double im not sure if thats just laziness

Posted from TSR Mobile

Single is an easier/shorter paper than double presumably.

Sitting double/triple privately is easily done. Probably costs about as much as that single course you linked.

First contact your favoured unis. If they're fine with it then this is a non issue.
Ah read you've already taken them. Well at least you can get an A in it.

I enrolled on an adult resit course straight after high school. Wasn't told until study leave in May that we were only being entered for foundation. Pretty much got full UMS in every paper and all of them were instantly worthless.
Original post by Stanley Winchest
Ah read you've already taken them. Well at least you can get an A in it.

I enrolled on an adult resit course straight after high school. Wasn't told until study leave in May that we were only being entered for foundation. Pretty much got full UMS in every paper and all of them were instantly worthless.

Is there any way around this with any other course :smile:
(So worried i cant spell hence edit)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 75
Is there any way around this with any other course :smile:
(So worried i cant spell hence edit)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay I think what you're doing is essentially the 1st half of double science. Therefore if unis come.back.asking for double you could self teach a few more.units. (1 for each science) and.that'd be all.
Double science is 2 separate gcse's where as single in 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em.d_4
Okay I think what you're doing is essentially the 1st half of double science. Therefore if unis come.back.asking for double you could self teach a few more.units. (1 for each science) and.that'd be all.
Double science is 2 separate gcse's where as single in 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do i do exams for these self taught units . And get a certificate as proof. Sorry but never seen anyone with this issue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you
Do i do exams for these self taught units . And get a certificate as proof. Sorry but never seen anyone with this issue

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
I'm suprised at the proportions here- from what I've seen at my own med school and what I've heard at others I'd have thought the percentage of people who get in 2nd time would be more like 40%. Never heard of anyone who tried applying more than twice though.
Original post by ab192
I'm suprised at the proportions here- from what I've seen at my own med school and what I've heard at others I'd have thought the percentage of people who get in 2nd time would be more like 40%. Never heard of anyone who tried applying more than twice though.

Loads of people apply numerous times one person applied for 4 years until they got in because they messed up through nerves at interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending