The Student Room Group

Open uni, no a-levels

I'm currently studying with the Open Uni and looking ahead think I would like to do a PGCE. My worry is I have no a-levels - Will this affect my application? :s-smilie:
Original post by Rosey203
I'm currently studying with the Open Uni and looking ahead think I would like to do a PGCE. My worry is I have no a-levels - Will this affect my application? :s-smilie:

A levels aren't a specific requirement, so I can't see it affecting your application to PGCEs. It may affect your application to some jobs, especially if they want you to teach a level, but obviously this is just speculation. If you have a good reason (mitigating circumstances etc) then that will change things.

If you're really worried, contact the pgce providers you want to apply for and ask them about it.

How do you do an academic degree with no A levels? BTEC?
Reply 3
Original post by Juichiro
How do you do an academic degree with no A levels? BTEC?

No, I do open uni, so there's no entry requirements. I'm disabled and couldn't forsee myself managing uni when I left school so did that instead.

Slightly worrying with the PGCE, but the OU used to offer their own PGCE so it must be something that's thought about.
(edited 9 years ago)
No, I do open uni, so there's no entry requirements. I'm disabled and couldn't forsee myself managing uni when I left school so did that instead.

Slightly worrying with the PGCE, but the OU used to offer their own PGCE so it musy be something that's thought about.

Woah, I did not know that.
Reply 5
Original post by Juichiro
Woah, I did not know that.

Kind of the point of "OPEN" uni :wink:

it results in a bit of a crazy first year as a lot of people have to get up to the standard they want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending