The Student Room Group

foundation year results

hello
I received an overall score of 76 in my foundation year, with most of my modules scoring over 70 percent. However, I scored 69 percent on one module. Can you tell me what that translates to in terms of A level?
Foundation Year results aren't directly comparable to A-Level grades.

Are you trying to work you whether you can use it to apply to another uni? If so, you need to approach the uni directly as many wont accept external foundations years, as they're meant for progression at the same institution.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One

Are you trying to work you whether you can use it to apply to another uni? If so, you need to approach the uni directly as many wont accept external foundations years, as they're meant for progression at the same institution.

Ive been thinking of moving to another uni through clearing
Original post by lulu5678890
Ive been thinking of moving to another uni through clearing

they’ll give you an offer based on the foundation year grade you get, as in the percentage, not to do with a levels or tariff points. unless they want to look at your past a level grades too
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One

Ive also been wondering about royal holloway computer science degree, they said its closed but when A level results day comes they might open those courses and there might be space. Does this happen every year and is it normal for spots to open on results day?
Original post by lulu5678890
Ive also been wondering about royal holloway computer science degree, they said its closed but when A level results day comes they might open those courses and there might be space. Does this happen every year and is it normal for spots to open on results day?

If the course wasn’t in Extra then it’s unlikely, but possible.

The clearing hotline won’t be geared up to consider foundation years, so you would be best contacting the uni about it now before they are crazy busy with results.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending