The Student Room Group

OCR bio and chemistry A2 remarked

Is there anyone else over here who is really shocked by their results for biology and chemistry.. I was expecting High A*'s and the expectation became firmer after looking at the grade boundaries but I ended up with B's in both.. Anyone in a similar situation?
My B in bio is just 2 raw marks away, But for chem I need about 8 raw marks..I have asked for photocopy scripts of both f324 and f325 and for the other bio papers as well?
Anyone from experience, Is it possible to get such a big jump like the one i need for chemistry(Keeping in mind I am getting both the papers back And I was really really confident that I did pretty well and I even cross checked my answers with the unofficial mark scheme on tsr immidiately after the exam)
Any advices plss
Really desperate for advice:bawling:
im in exactly the same place except i need 5/4 raw marks for booth chem and bio - I'm having 4 papers remarked and i genuinely thought i had minimum A's in both...fml
Reply 2
Original post by deatheater4134
im in exactly the same place except i need 5/4 raw marks for booth chem and bio - I'm having 4 papers remarked and i genuinely thought i had minimum A's in both...fml
Ocr?
And are u going for remark straight or are u getting the photocopies first..
Makes me a bit more hopeful after seeing someone else also feels the same way
OCR - F214 F324 and F325 did a priority remark since i need the grades for university and I'm getting my papers sent back so hopefully it puts a little more pressure on the markers to actually mark them correctly or at least more accurately
Reply 4
OCR - F214 F324 and F325 did a priority remark since i need the grades for university and I'm getting my papers sent back so hopefully it puts a little more pressure on the markers to actually mark them correctly or at least more accurately

I know what priority remark is but what do u mean you by I am getting my papers sent back? Is this some new thing or some other thing which causes more senior marking or u just meant the same thing as remark and wrote it twice? I am just asking cause if this is something new and I am not aware of it then i would really want to try that as well if that increases my chances( Really Really Desperate)..
Btw if you don't mind me asking is this for a medicine place?
(edited 9 years ago)
This is for law at LSE (A*AA) by remark i mean i spent 45 quid each on my paper to be remarked by a senior examiner and by early next week to give me a different mark - i also spent an additional 10 pounds on having my papers sent back to me so that i can see them as i kiiiiiind of insurance
Reply 6
This is for law at LSE (A*AA) by remark i mean i spent 45 quid each on my paper to be remarked by a senior examiner and by early next week to give me a different mark - i also spent an additional 10 pounds on having my papers sent back to me so that i can see them as i kiiiiiind of insurance

Ahh okk.. Is there a specific name for this service?
And how are sure that it will be marked by a senior examiner?
Original post by Saad2012
Ahh okk.. Is there a specific name for this service?
And how are sure that it will be marked by a senior examiner?

well by definition the remark is just called the priority remark - and tbqh as for the senior examiners, who the hell knows - from where I'm standing the marking system seems as ludicrous and slap dash as anything else
Reply 8
well by definition the remark is just called the priority remark - and tbqh as for the senior examiners, who the hell knows - from where I'm standing the marking system seems as ludicrous and slap dash as anything else

Please do let me know how your remark went..If u don't wanna post it here, U can pm me as well
Original post by Saad2012
Please do let me know how your remark went..If u don't wanna post it here, U can pm me as well

sure, no problem dude - no clue how long it'll take though
I'm doing AS level Chemistry OCR and I am really not sure if I should remark it. on the UMS grade boundaries it says 210/300 is a B. Well I got 209/300, is that 1 raw mark away or more? If so how many? and do you think I should apply for a remark.

Thanks
sure, no problem dude - no clue how long it'll take though

How did your remark go?

Quick Reply

Latest