The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Im going Loughborough for chemical engineering through clearing what accommodation should I choose soooo overwhelmed.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Mad_Study
Im going Loughborough for chemical engineering through clearing what accommodation should I choose soooo overwhelmed.

Im going for maths and stats, I chose Telford, because it is cheap, central of all the different accommodations and in the village which is central to sport and maths stuff :smile:
for some reason I am not able to put my deposit down for my accommodation.
I can't do the room preference system, when I login it says I' am ineligible although my offer is confirmed and this is my time slot.

I can't get into contact with the accommodation centre by phone or email.

Can anyone help please?
Hi what halls is it and is it ensuite thanks
Hi Colourwheel & emilysarah245

Colourwheel - I've replied to your PM, hope it helps.

Emilysarah245 - I don't know exactly which halls are still available, but they are mainly the catered options. You can see them all here.

Keep trying to log in (if it's your current timeslot). Accommodation reservations is open until 1st September, so there is still a lot on offer.

The accommodation log in system is running a little slow today, so you need a little bit of patience with it I'm afraid.

Whichever halls you get in to you'll have a great time!

Vicky
Hi, I'm having the same problem as Colourwheel! My offer is confirmed but it's saying I'm ineligible, could anyone help clear this up? cheers
Hi Bradders

I've sent you a PM.

Vicky
Original post by KWestell11
The accommodation I got an offer for didn't go in line with what I wanted, if I reject my accommodation offer will I get another one or will it just mean that I have no accommodation?

call up the accomodation centre and be prepared to haggle
Reply 1689
How far is Harry French from Engineering buildings and library? I'm going to do Mechanical engineering Beng and Lboro is offering me HF courts, would have really liked en-suite self-catered in RB or somewhere more central but... If someone has something to offer then PM!
Original post by lizzy126
for some reason I am not able to put my deposit down for my accommodation.

Im having that issue too! Its claiming that either my student number is incorrect, or my date of birth. Is this whats happening to you?
Reply 1691
Really concerned about accommodation. Loughborough is insurance choice so not guaranteed accommodation. Don't care what sort of accommodation, just want a place in halls. What are the chances? Also, disgusted that this year clearing candidates are guaranteed accommodation but insurance aren't- they didn't even have a preference for Loughborough but are being given priority treatment.
Hi Lass2

We have a very high success rate of placing our students in halls accommodation, so your chances are pretty good.

Keep a look out on the Announcements page or if you want more info, give the accommodation team a call on 0844 709 2000

​Vicky
I've been having the same problem as the rest, my offer is confirmed but on the accommodation registration page it says I'm ineligible. Also I've been trying to phone up but the number is always busy.
Hi Amrit95

If you've come through Insurance or clearing / adjustment, you won't be able to log on until Wednesday.

If you've come through via firm choice, you'll have to phone the accommodation team.

If you've already signed in to accommodation earlier and selected preferences, you won't be able log back in, you'll have to wait for an offer via e-mail.

You can PM me if you need any more details.

Vicky
Don't think much of the accommodation system at all to be honest! My top 3 preferences were 2xen-suite & self catered and 1 standard and self catered, ended up with Towers!!! :frown:
Original post by CurlyC
Don't think much of the accommodation system at all to be honest! My top 3 preferences were 2xen-suite & self catered and 1 standard and self catered, ended up with Towers!!! :frown:

Beggers can't be choosers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I finally got the email to select my preferences but on the page it doesn't let me select the particular halls. Also it only says standard in room type option in village halls are these all en-suite?? HELP!!! I'm doing chemical engineering looking for an en-suite single self catered room.
Hi Mad-Study

You won't get a choice of halls, just room types at this stage. Standard rooms are not en-suite.

There is a swap list ability that you can sign up to, please see the announcement here.
If you need further info, give the accommodation team a call on 0844 709 2000 or 01509 222258

Thanks
Vicky
Reply 1699
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi Mad-Study

You won't get a choice of halls, just room types at this stage. Standard rooms are not en-suite.

There is a swap list ability that you can sign up to, please see the announcement here.
If you need further info, give the accommodation team a call on 0844 709 2000 or 01509 222258

Thanks
Vicky

Hi, I signed up for the swap list this morning as soon as possible and it said I would receive a confirmation email. But its been a few hours and I haven't received an email and I'm wondering if maybe I should redo the list in case I spelt my id number or email or something wrong?
Aysha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending