The Student Room Group

AS English language

Is AS English language hard to get an A in? And is it a big workload?
Original post by CoreyR
Is AS English language hard to get an A in? And is it a big workload?

Moved to the Study Help section :h:

I took English Language A Level, and yes, it is difficult - but I managed to get an A :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by bubble999
Moved to the Study Help section :h:

I took English Language A Level, and yes, it is difficult - but I managed to get an A :smile:

Im only going to do it for AS though! Is as hard?
Original post by CoreyR
Im only going to do it for AS though! Is as hard?

Well I did AS and A2 and would say AS is a lot easier (well, that's kind of a given haha). There is a big jump from GCSE, but not as much as some other subjects - e.g sciences.

If you need any help, just ask away :yep:
Reply 4
Well I did AS and A2 and would say AS is a lot easier (well, that's kind of a given haha). There is a big jump from GCSE, but not as much as some other subjects - e.g sciences.

If you need any help, just ask away :yep:

Okay thank you so much:biggrin: is as a big workload?
Original post by CoreyR
Okay thank you so much:biggrin: is as a big workload?

Depending on the exam board you're on - you'll probably do coursework during the year and then the exam in the summer. The coursework we did was 3000 words - which was split into two pieces of work being 1000 words, and then two 500 word commentaries (which you spoke about the techniques you used in the two pieces of work).

I didn't find the work load high, no :smile:
Reply 6
Depending on the exam board you're on - you'll probably do coursework during the year and then the exam in the summer. The coursework we did was 3000 words - which was split into two pieces of work being 1000 words, and then two 500 word commentaries (which you spoke about the techniques you used in the two pieces of work).

I didn't find the work load high, no :smile:

Okay okay thanks for the advice :smile: is the actual exam hard?
Original post by CoreyR
Okay okay thanks for the advice :smile: is the actual exam hard?

I'm not going to lie, I didn't revise that much for it and got an A. However, I did attend all lessons and do the work - so obviously put effort in :smile:
Work load was perfectly fine. I absolutely hated the subject and my teacher was terrible (skipped teaching an entire unit etc) but I got a B. Didn't carry it on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jaydamber
Work load was perfectly fine. I absolutely hated the subject and my teacher was terrible (skipped teaching an entire unit etc) but I got a B. Didn't carry it on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bad teachers do ruin the subject :sadnod: Luckily my teachers were good and I loved both AS and A2 :smile:
Reply 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive chosen art but changing it to english language because of arts time consuming workload
Reply 11
I'm not going to lie, I didn't revise that much for it and got an A. However, I did attend all lessons and do the work - so obviously put effort in :smile:

Okay thank you :smile:
Original post by CoreyR
Ive chosen art but changing it to english language because of arts time consuming workload

Art is a huge subject. I took it as a BTEC, and then for a while as an A Level, but it didn't really work out. I procrastinate an inordinate amount with creative things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Art is a huge subject. I took it as a BTEC, and then for a while as an A Level, but it didn't really work out. I procrastinate an inordinate amount with creative things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i know im defs gona change it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending