The Student Room Group

HELP please (gcse boundaries)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jemmab123
Aw haha thanks, btw if I attached a link to the higher paper 2, and told you the question I'm talking about, would you be able to help me with how many marks I would get?:smile:

Possibly. But when it comes to maths, I am appalling :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by DebkoX

Aw I'm sure your not! Have you done a maths GCSE before or is this your first time?

And this is the paper link: http://www.school-portal.co.uk/GroupDownloadFile.asp?GroupId=1216474&ResourceId=4990617

for question 8, I put a decimal rather then as a fraction, would this be ok?
Reply 22
paper 1- 74
paper 2- 73

yourself?

Paper 1- 78
Paper 2 - 80
Reply 23
Any distraction for the night before results day?
Reply 24
Original post by danconway
Calm yourself! Just wait a bit! They'll be out tomorrow.

Very hard to be calm at the moment!
Original post by AIVARB
lol this is tsr

no one does foundation

No you are wrong. There are currently over 1 million user so there are bound to be some people taking foundation in certain subjects. Doing a foundation tier paper does not imply you are stupid.
Aw I'm sure your not! Have you done a maths GCSE before or is this your first time?

And this is the paper link: http://www.school-portal.co.uk/GroupDownloadFile.asp?GroupId=1216474&ResourceId=4990617

for question 8, I put a decimal rather then as a fraction, would this be ok?

I know this was not directed at me but i just want to say thanks for the link.
Reply 27
Original post by German123
I know this was not directed at me but i just want to say thanks for the link.

did you put a decimal aswell?

Also did you do higher or foundation?

I'm pretty sure that I put a decimal when I answered this. I never really use fractions unless I'm instructed to do so and I usually get the marks. I also do higher.
Reply 29
Original post by sofiharvey
I'm pretty sure that I put a decimal when I answered this. I never really use fractions unless I'm instructed to do so and I usually get the marks. I also do higher.

Yeah fair enough

I cant actually remember but i did the higher paper and it seemed wierd however not many people found tha calculator paper hard but that is a sample from the people i know anyway the markschemes for both papers(non calculator and calculator) for both foundation and higher have been possted and are practically official(the markschemes are correct):smile:

Btw have you got the link for the non calculator higher paper for June 2014.
Original post by DebkoX
I'm not even hyped for them but, what time do they release them?

It will probably be tomorrow. Edexcel a level boundaries were released at 12am on the day before results day so I'm thinking it will be the same :yep:

What does anyone think the boundaries will be for edexcel maths foundation? Please someone reply!!!
Not that long to wait now.. :smile:
Apparently the Edexcel grade boundaries have been released but I'm not sure if they're real or not.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=49585549#post49585549
Apparently the Edexcel grade boundaries have been released but I'm not sure if they're real or not.

They're real - Mr M is a Maths teacher and examiner. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by usycool1
They're real: Mr M is a Maths teacher and examiner. :smile:

That's good to know. Pleased with the boundaries then. :smile:

Blinkin' cheek.

:angry::tongue:
Original post by Mr M
Blinkin' cheek.

:angry::tongue:

I'm sorry! Didn't mean it to be cheeky. I only joined today so I don't know much about this or the people here. :K:
I'm sorry! Didn't mean it to be cheeky. I only joined today so I don't know much about this or the people here. :K:

I was only joking. Good luck.
Original post by DebkoX

You are worth a lot more than the grades you got(early entry) or going to get on a piece of paper so please dont let those grades decide your fate. Also there are other options for example Btecs so its not completely the end of the world if you dont get the grades. You did the best that you could and if you have not i guess you have learnt your lesson that its though out there so be prepared...Remember life does not go in a straight line so dont stress of over exam results...as it is not all about going to Cambridge or oxford-you dont have to go there to make something good out of your life so do what suits you.

Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."

Edit: It is not all about a piece of paper with your name on it:smile:
Original post by German123
You are worth a lot more than the grades you got(early entry) or going to get on a piece of paper so please dont let those grades decide your fate. Also there are other options for example Btecs so its not completely the end of the world if you dont get the grades. You did the best that you could and if you have not i guess you have learnt your lesson that its though out there so be prepared...Remember life does not go in a straight line so dont stress of over exam results...as it is not all about going to Cambridge or oxford-you dont have to go there to make something good out of your life so do what suits you.

Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."

Edit: It is not all about a piece of paper with your name on it:smile:

I think I've learnt that off by heart now :indiff:

How many threads have you posted that on now? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest