The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Not on loan, permanent deal. Tbf he hasn't done much to bring the spotlight to him recently. Bit risky with him but he's a good finisher, like you said, has pace and great physicality. Sturridge and balo partnership I guess then :colonhash:

Hasn't done much... just this in june:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28270240

Suarez wasn't a big enough challenge for Peters, so we're going for someone with even more issues. If we can manage his temperament then he'll be an amazing signing. If we can't then we'll be struggling to find a buyer in a year's time
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by GorlimtheUnhappy
Offtopic
£9bn divorce settlement? I'm all for feminism but that's ****** up.

This is why I will never get married. Doesn't matter what your circumstances are, if you divorce the woman will always get everything.
Original post by Zerforax
Maybe watch him play more often? I agree that he can be selfish and when he's in an attacking position he wants to try and score but he regularly runs into the channels (mainly the right) and gets involved to try and set up his team mates. Plenty of examples of that in the game against Southampton. If anything, he should've been in the box more often against them.

Lol apart from the Palace match I haven't missed a full game of ours for a long time. The type of play that you're talking about is centre forward dropping deep, running the channels and trying to get involved. And Daniel does do it fairly often. When he does, he dwells on the ball too much. He often does the extra dribble when the quicker offload would have been better. I rarely see it lead to something extremely productive but sometimes it does help with the circulation of the ball.

Anyway none of that has any relevance to his link up play in the context of a strike partner. He's a clever player but he's rarely going to drop into the hole and play through a sliderule pass for a runner eg. And he's not instructed to do that either. I highly doubt that him and Falcao will get a proper partnership going, it'd more be more of a sturridge and Suarez situation.
Original post by sr90
This is why I will never get married.

Yeah, convince yourself that...
I hope this is just a bad dream.

Sanchez, Remy, Bony, Eto'o, Falcao

And we have to get Balo.

For ****'s sake

When Arsenal were linked to him I was in their thread taking the piss.
Reply 425
Original post by Yesss I diddd

And we have to get Balo.

For ****'s sake

Falcao won't move until deadline day if Madrid don't come in for him, there's been some talk we want both so we could end up with him too on the last day of the window
Also bare in mind that Balotelli has been in a very **** Milan team the past year full of has beens.
Original post by Stirlo
Hasn't done much... just this in june:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28270240

Suarez wasn't a big enough challenge for Peters, so we're going for someone with even more issues. If we can manage his temperament then he'll be an amazing signing. If we can't then we'll be struggling to find a buyer in a year's time

I think everyone is overdoing it with this 'anger issues' business with balo. Yes he hasn't got the best virtues when it comes to being calm but I don't think he's as bad on the field anymore. Anyways, guess you can never tell with players like him. Either you'll struggle to sell him on in the future or he'll go for something in a similar price region to David Villa from Barca to A.Madrid.

Original post by sr90
This is why I will never get married. Doesn't matter what your circumstances are, if you divorce the woman will always get everything.

:lol: Srs? Marriage does also come with its benefits :h:

For ****'s sake

What goes around comes around eh? I don't even think it's that bad a situation tbh.

And we have to get Balo.

For ****'s sake

Wow ... Really?
You would rather have Remy, Bony or Eto'o ahead of Balotelli? There is no denying which one of those 4 has the most quality, presence, strength and ability to score for Liverpool. Yes, he does lose his head at times but he is still a quality goalscorer and he will be a very successful signing if it happens.
I admit Sanchez and Falcao would both be better signings but Sanchez wanted Arsenal which Liverpool could do nothing about and realistically, Liverpool can't compete with Madrid for Falcao given he wants to go there.
Reply 429
Balotelli is going to be amazing because there will be no middle ground. He's either going to be extraordinary or terrible.

Either way, the level of piss that will be boiled will be incredible :sogood:
So in 2012 we were debating whether or not to sign Dempsey now fast forward to 2014 we are trying to sign Balotelli/Falcao! :awesome:
Reply 431
I'm actually looking forward to the prospect of Balotelli. Can't really say anything that hasn't already been said. He's got a **** load of potential, but does he have the work ethic and drive to make it happen. If he does then we have something very special in our hands

Considering that Borini was going to go for 14mil, 16mil is a bargain
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm happy that it ain't going to be another Dempsey situation like 2 years ago, where we loaned out Carroll thinking that we're getting Dempsey, which didn't happen. At least now we're in the verge of getting Balotelli.

£16m apparently seems to be the quoted price which isn't bad of a deal. If the paperwork gets in before 12pm tomorrow, then he can play v Man City.

Think we maybe going after a back-up GK now, and looking at some sales/loans out.
Original post by The.Joker
So in 2012 we were debating whether or not to sign Dempsey now fast forward to 2014 we are trying to sign Balotelli/Falcao! :awesome:

rodgers is the difference.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
rodgers is the difference.

BR was in charge at that time too. Don't think the committee was there.
Original post by mr tim
I'm happy that it ain't going to be another Dempsey situation like 2 years ago, where we loaned out Carroll thinking that we're getting Dempsey, which didn't happen. At least now we're in the verge of getting Balotelli.

£16m apparently seems to be the quoted price which isn't bad of a deal. If the paperwork gets in before 12pm tomorrow, then he can play v Man City.

Think we maybe going after a back-up GK now, and looking at some sales/loans out.

honestly i did want a little more than mario, however i understand how deluded it would be to expect cavani/falcao.
i would've been fine with bony; not sure if the temperament/attitude of balotelli will work with us but i suppose i'll give him a chance.

kind of like suarez, if he stays on form and stays scoring maybe his attitude won't be that bad?

if we got balotelli for say 16m, how much money do you estimate we'd have left over in general?

Original post by mr tim
BR was in charge at that time too. Don't think the committee was there.

i meant more along the lines of his input to the squad and player development over the last few years has improved us to the point of going after top talent now.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
if we got balotelli for say 16m, how much money do you estimate we'd have left over in general?.

Don't think we'll have too much as of now. But the sales of Agger, Borini, Assaidi etc should hopefully give us plenty more.

Here's the Echo on the latest on perm/loans out

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/daniel-agger-could-set-anfield-7646964
(edited 9 years ago)
So if we sign Balotelli by tomorrow 12pm he will be eligible to play vs City on Monday night.
Original post by mr tim
Don't think we'll have too much as of now. But the sales of Agger, Borini, Assaidi etc should hopefully give us plenty more.

Here's the Echo on the latest on perm/loans out

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/daniel-agger-could-set-anfield-7646964

i would expect all three to leave soon simply because we have no need of them.
we have 3 quality CBs who will do a rotation, with kolo in standby in case of injury so agger isn't required.

we have plenty of midfielders and few places - assaidi will get nowhere near

borini would be behind sturridge and balotelli with also lambert to compete with.

Quick Reply

Latest